The XPR: Why is it rarely used?

#1HereticKitsunePosted 2/27/2013 2:23:19 PM
See topic title.

I honestly can't think of a reason aside from it being a late unlock, but perma tokens exist and I believe it's on a default class. Seriously, this weapon is GOOD. Yeah, the DSR has more one-hit kill zones, but the XPR comes close and it's semi-auto with manageable recoil. I've been running an ACOG sight of all things on the XPR and have been doing a lot better than I thought I would with it. You might be thinking I get most of my kills with my secondary (KAP-40) and rarely use the XPR, but I only have that out when I'm entering a building that my team isn't currently holding/someone surprises me and I remember to change weapons (I sometimes panic and hipfire the XPR which very rarely goes well for me).

Anyone else use this thing? Do you agree that it's odd how few people use it?
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#2ShadowUmbreon42Posted 2/27/2013 2:26:16 PM
People don't like spray and pray snipers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/VictiniExpert2400 Stupidity drives me so far over the edge when they refuse to use their brain. Well that and being a jerk.
#3Frosty00004Posted 2/27/2013 2:27:48 PM
If i shoot my sniper once, i want the person at the end of it to be dead, not hitmarked if i shoot him in the belly instead of the chest
#4ICantNameGudPosted 2/27/2013 2:30:51 PM
Because people are little f****ers who use FAL/MSMC/PDW or previous games equivilant, but then cry that a semi-auto, powerful sniper is OP even though every recent game has had a barret that functioned the same way and everyone used.

Inb4/heartlesscharms comes in here to say something inane
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#5ICantNameGudPosted 2/27/2013 2:31:56 PM
Frosty00004 posted...
If i shoot my sniper once, i want the person at the end of it to be dead, not hitmarked if i shoot him in the belly instead of the chest

Almost no sniper has been a OSK to the lower torso in CoD. The DSR was a rare gift and you have awful aim.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#6ronXwhitePosted 2/27/2013 2:32:31 PM
it suffers from the ads glitch they patched out of every other gun still.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen Clan Boi
Check out my newest BO2 montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYS9aC2iXo
#7Frosty00004Posted 2/27/2013 2:36:34 PM
Intervention and .50 cal in MW2

MSR, L118A, and .50 in MW3

L96A1 in Black Ops

These are all one shot kills above the waist. Soooo you're almost none argument is pretty ignorant...but that was to be expected
#8HereticKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 2:54:10 PM(edited)
People don't like spray and pray snipers.

You can't spray with the XPR like you can with the SVU, as the recoil is enough to make it ineffective. That being said, I usually take one shot to kill someone, sometimes two, rarely three.

Heaven forbid you take another shot if your first doesn't kill.

it suffers from the ads glitch they patched out of every other gun still.

Yes, I know. I think I'm the only one who posted about that here after testing it myself. It's still extremely good.

Intervention and .50 cal in MW2

MSR, L118A, and .50 in MW3

L96A1 in Black Ops

These are all one shot kills above the waist. Soooo you're almost none argument is pretty ignorant...but that was to be expected

Actually, the Intervention and .50 cal only did with Stopping Power. Of course, everyone used Stopping Power, so they might as well have been able to do it naturally. The XPR is basically a .50 Cal with built-in Stopping Power but no lower torso multiplier, and the balance is better as a result (there's actually somewhat of a reason to use the bolt-action variant). This does mean that an enemy that has taken pretty much any damage can die to the XPR regardless of where they are hit.

---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#9Frosty00004Posted 2/27/2013 3:52:44 PM(edited)
Well seeing as a lot of these maps are in tight quarters, many a time you dont have any chance to fire off the second shot. Whats the point of using a 2 shot sniper rifle when the Fal and SMR only take 3?
#10BipBapBamPosted 2/27/2013 3:54:46 PM
Because if people want to spam sniper shots the SVU is the first thing that comes to mind. Everyone else feels too mlg legit to use anything other than a bolt action.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez