The XPR: Why is it rarely used?

#21DirrtyRockstarrPosted 2/27/2013 5:30:14 PM
Because it isn't the DSR.

Also it is one of the last unlocks, and you can prestige a couple levels later. There isn't much time to use it unless you hold off prestiging for a while or use an unlock token on it.
---
It doesn't make me unfaithful, unless I'm laying down the cable...
#22ThugLife247Posted 2/27/2013 8:13:07 PM
because i use it and people are dumb and try to quickscope with their DS poops
---
i won't deny it, i'm a straight ridah
you don't wanna f*** with me
#23HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/27/2013 8:15:55 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
Inb4 "dry them eyes". You're one of the dumbest posters on this board, and you get beat in arguments so often that the only response you an palsy out from your cheeto-stained keyboard is HURR Y U CRYING THOUGH HURRRRR

ReDsKreEn B****

You're so angry. And ugly too. Have you seen what you look like?
Also, comparing the Barrett to the XPR is incredibly idiotic. Do you know what recoil is?
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#24ICantNameGudPosted 2/27/2013 8:27:27 PM
HeartlessCharms posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
Inb4 "dry them eyes". You're one of the dumbest posters on this board, and you get beat in arguments so often that the only response you an palsy out from your cheeto-stained keyboard is HURR Y U CRYING THOUGH HURRRRR

ReDsKreEn B****

Also, comparing the Barrett to the XPR is incredibly idiotic. Do you know what recoil is?

The XPR cannot into hipfire spam like any of the MW2/BO1/MW3barrets
---
The best part about video games is the youtube videos
~Everyone, 2012, the year of Our Lord.
#25HitokiriFelixPosted 2/27/2013 8:41:07 PM
ICantNameGud posted...

ReDsKreEn B****

The Barrett while prone has higher centerspeed, less recoil, faster firerate, tighter hipspread, and more power than the XPR. Oh yeah, and a larger mag size. It's objectively better in every way,
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#26HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/27/2013 8:59:16 PM
HitokiriFelix posted...
ICantNameGud posted...

ReDsKreEn B****

The Barrett while prone has higher centerspeed, less recoil, faster firerate, tighter hipspread, and more power than the XPR. Oh yeah, and a larger mag size. It's objectively better in every way,

What was that?
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#27KirbixPosted 2/27/2013 9:08:48 PM
Well this topic sure took a turn for the stupid.

To the topic at hand, semi-auto snipers go against the whole point of sniper classes. Sure, its a nice fallback to be able to quickly shoot again, but its immensely more satisfying to OSOK someone. The fact that you un-ads to expel the casing is just icing.

That's just my take, though- if I'm going to snipe, I prefer to hard scope, line up a good shot and wipe them out.
Its also why I'm objectively a terrible sniper >_>
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#28HitokiriFelixPosted 2/27/2013 9:14:59 PM
HitokiriFelix posted...
ICantNameGud posted...

ReDsKreEn B****

What was that?

The Barrett standing only loses the advantage in recoil/centerspeed.
What's wrong? It's not like going prone was detrimental in previous games. It was especially effective in mw3. Seriously, using the Barrett in a game of MW3 FFA is easy mode. The Barrett shines in a game that has the likes of ACR, MP7, 2-shot-kill ARs, etc. The XPR is a terrible, disliked gun in game where every 3-shot gun has recoil and there's only two 2-shot ARs, both of which are much worse than MK14 and burst ARs.

please tell me you aren't arguing that the XPR even compares to the Barrett. No one who has actually used either of the weapons and can snipe would ever have that opinion. The difference is that big; it's not even disputable.
---
#29Astro_B0mbPosted 2/27/2013 9:18:21 PM
Only reason to like the xpr over barrett is if youre a hipster.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#30HitokiriFelixPosted 2/27/2013 9:20:28 PM
Kirbix posted...
To the topic at hand, semi-auto snipers go against the whole point of sniper classes. Sure, its a nice fallback to be able to quickly shoot again, but its immensely more satisfying to OSOK someone. The fact that you un-ads to expel the casing is just icing.

That's just my take, though- if I'm going to snipe, I prefer to hard scope, line up a good shot and wipe them out.
Its also why I'm objectively a terrible sniper >_>

You're most likely right on the money as to why people love the bolt-actions more. After all, if you're sniping in BO2, you're already limiting your potential tenfold in exchange for possibly feeling cool when you get the OHKO off, so why halfass it by using the XPR?
It's different from IW CODs where snipers can actually compete.
---