The United States Military adopting Taliban tactics in these games

#1A MonsterPosted 2/27/2013 2:39:12 PM
Yes yes I know it's not supposed to be real and I do enjoy playing CoD. But watching the SEALs and FBI rush into a building full of enemies like its a candy shop is hilarious.

I remember reading a story about a British Soldier who single handedly held back 30 Taliban fighters. He used claymores and even whacked some of the enemies with his tripod as the Taliban fighters bum rushed his checkpoint.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/02/soldier-cited-for-holding-off-up-to-30-taliban-by-himself/

Then there's the 88 taliban fighters who died at the hands of 13 American Soldiers. Can't find the story on that but is it hard to believe?

These Taliban fools basically just rush rush and rush in and getting gun downed by the hundreds and its exactly what the CoD players are doing in as I watch some of my clips in theater.

I know it's a game, but it's still funny watching guys dressed in uniform do some dumb crap in the game
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pm1ytVdzfkI&search=baby%20got%20back%20sir%20mixalot
Warcraft Got Back
#2home352Posted 2/27/2013 2:41:45 PM
it's simple.

The Tailban rushers didn't have lag comp on their side, that's why they died.
---
-Unknown-
#3ipickupslotsPosted 2/27/2013 2:42:47 PM
or the americans were just corner camping
#4TheRisingSonPosted 2/27/2013 2:42:55 PM
While the Taliban have mostly undertrained foot soldiers who they use as cannon fodder, just rushing positions isn't the only thing they do, obviously. If so, it wouldn't be a war as much as a massacre. But as it stands, the Taliban use ambush tactics, IEDs and assassinations that continually catch our troops off guard. Which is why we'll never be able to defeat them in a conventional sense.
#5ZephyrSSXPosted 2/27/2013 2:55:09 PM
TheRisingSon posted...
While the Taliban have mostly undertrained foot soldiers who they use as cannon fodder, just rushing positions isn't the only thing they do, obviously. If so, it wouldn't be a war as much as a massacre. But as it stands, the Taliban use ambush tactics, IEDs and assassinations that continually catch our troops off guard. Which is why we'll never be able to defeat them in a conventional sense.

Civilians are why we'll never defeat them in a conventional sense. If we didn't care about civilian lives we could carpet bomb them back to the stone age.

wait they're extremists they're already there lolol
---
http://i.imgur.com/WNvvjK8.png
#6Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/27/2013 2:58:28 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

Civilians are why we'll never defeat them in a conventional sense. If we didn't care about civilian lives we could carpet bomb them back to the stone age.

If they cared about civ lives, why would they be using depleted uranium weapons since the first gulf war?

Stick to commenting about video games and not about things you obviously don't have a clue about.
#7ZephyrSSXPosted 2/27/2013 3:20:29 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

If they cared about civ lives, why would they be using depleted uranium weapons since the first gulf war?

Stick to commenting about video games and not about things you obviously don't have a clue about.

How cute. I bet you also think the US is the only country that uses DU shells. Take your own advice, nimrod.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WNvvjK8.png
#8unpleasant_milkPosted 2/27/2013 3:23:02 PM(edited)
Lord_TenseEye posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

What nonsense.

Of course we care about civilians getting killed. It is highly unlikely that any NATO campaign would purposefully target civilians, or engage hostiles known to be surrounded by large numbers of innocents.

The media backlash for a start would bring any high ranking politician's career to a halt, so I doubt they would want to sanction career suicide by agreeing to large scale slaughter of innocent civilians. To make a slightly controversial point, look at the fuss made about those abu gharib inmates who were dehumanized by US troops shortly after the fall of Sadam. And those people were hardly innocent angels.

Of course, there is always that lovely term 'collateral damage'. But that doesn't signify intentional civilian death.
---
GT unpleasant milk
Pepsi is disgusting - She sells sanctuary/best cult song
#9Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/27/2013 3:30:03 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

How cute. I bet you also think the US is the only country that uses DU shells. Take your own advice, nimrod.

Typical troll fashion. Gets upset when someone points out a fact and resorts to personal attacks.

Whether or not another country uses depleted uranium is irrelevant. That has nothing to do with the point.

You said: "If we didn't care about civilian lives we could carpet bomb them."

Please explain to me how use of depleted uranium (which is now causing birth defects in kids born in Iraq) shows that you care about civs.

Try arguing like a reasonable person instead of getting pissy and making personal attacks.
#10angrybirdsdudePosted 2/27/2013 3:31:13 PM
maybe the taliban suffer more losses because they're undereducated farmers and we spend $200 billion a year on tech to kill them

#maybe
---
spread the <3