The United States Military adopting Taliban tactics in these games

#21unpleasant_milkPosted 2/27/2013 4:16:40 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
Of course we care about civilians getting killed. It is highly unlikely that any NATO campaign would purposefully target civilians, or engage hostiles known to be surrounded by large numbers of innocents.

Not sure how you can say that given the recent developments with the drone program. We will literally drone a house, killing everyone inside, to get one terrorist.

Drones are a pretty new, and I think, also exciting development. They do pose many issues in their application however, as is it ethical to kill humans with remote machines? I would say yes. Definitely. A country should always minimize risks to its soldiers and combatants.

With regards to your point about a single terrorist being killed amongst many innocents. It probably has happened, but when a side like the taliban fights unconventional warfare methods, which results in blurred battle lines, it is they who are endangering the civilians more than any drone. Simply by hiding amongst the populace is an evil act, and one which they know they are doing at the time. But also, my point below is also correct I believe.

I do feel that their use needs to be treated the same as any other tool of war. That they need to observe strict rules of engagement, and any wholly improper use should result in the standard military punishment procedures.
---
GT unpleasant milk
Pepsi is disgusting - She sells sanctuary/best cult song
#22Syko_DarksydePosted 2/27/2013 6:06:46 PM
How do you watch campaign missions in theatre? Is this an Xbox only feature?
---
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6968/rrrrrrb.gif
http://i56.tinypic.com/10mu7ab.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/346p0fn.jpg
#23AR_HollowPosted 2/27/2013 6:10:46 PM
unpleasant_milk posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
TheRisingSon posted...
While the Taliban have mostly undertrained foot soldiers who they use as cannon fodder, just rushing positions isn't the only thing they do, obviously. If so, it wouldn't be a war as much as a massacre. But as it stands, the Taliban use ambush tactics, IEDs and assassinations that continually catch our troops off guard. Which is why we'll never be able to defeat them in a conventional sense.

Civilians are why we'll never defeat them in a conventional sense. If we didn't care about civilian lives we could carpet bomb them back to the stone age.

wait they're extremists they're already there lolol

If they cared about civ lives, why would they be using depleted uranium weapons since the first gulf war?

Stick to commenting about video games and not about things you obviously don't have a clue about.

What nonsense.

Of course we care about civilians getting killed. It is highly unlikely that any NATO campaign would purposefully target civilians, or engage hostiles known to be surrounded by large numbers of innocents.

The media backlash for a start would bring any high ranking politician's career to a halt, so I doubt they would want to sanction career suicide by agreeing to large scale slaughter of innocent civilians. To make a slightly controversial point, look at the fuss made about those abu gharib inmates who were dehumanized by US troops shortly after the fall of Sadam. And those people were hardly innocent angels.

Of course, there is always that lovely term 'collateral damage'. But that doesn't signify intentional civilian death.

Ha. Don't tell me America cares about civilians. They kill hundreds of kids everyday with drone missles and then they say oh it was an accident. Man get the that ish out of here.
#24spacecowboy44Posted 2/27/2013 9:12:30 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
@unpleasant_milk - Some sources below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MnIbcq7jnU

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/apr/25/internationaleducationnews.armstrade

@spacecowboy -

Please educate yourself, so you can come up with coherent arguments rather than personal attacks.

no plz...i honestly would like you to move to a country that is sooooooooooo great...you have sooooooooooo many rights...and is soooooooooooo much better than america...you wont have to fear anything...except us evil americans trying to kill innocents all of the world for absolutely no reason
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#25BraindeadRacrPosted 2/27/2013 9:31:54 PM
Holy mother****er above there's some serious uranium coated civvie-slaying train-wrecking straight into the U.N. offices derailing going on here.
---
"The car-bra is for your mom, Peg. See it's even in her size - ASTROVAN!" - Al Bundy
GT: Faith of Faye / PSN: Lt_McBadass
#26Cornbread4lifePosted 2/27/2013 9:41:21 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
TheRisingSon posted...
While the Taliban have mostly undertrained foot soldiers who they use as cannon fodder, just rushing positions isn't the only thing they do, obviously. If so, it wouldn't be a war as much as a massacre. But as it stands, the Taliban use ambush tactics, IEDs and assassinations that continually catch our troops off guard. Which is why we'll never be able to defeat them in a conventional sense.

Civilians are why we'll never defeat them in a conventional sense. If we didn't care about civilian lives we could carpet bomb them back to the stone age.

wait they're extremists they're already there lolol

If they cared about civ lives, why would they be using depleted uranium weapons since the first gulf war?

Stick to commenting about video games and not about things you obviously don't have a clue about.

How cute. I bet you also think the US is the only country that uses DU shells. Take your own advice, nimrod.

Typical troll fashion. Gets upset when someone points out a fact and resorts to personal attacks.

Whether or not another country uses depleted uranium is irrelevant. That has nothing to do with the point.

You said: "If we didn't care about civilian lives we could carpet bomb them."

Please explain to me how use of depleted uranium (which is now causing birth defects in kids born in Iraq) shows that you care about civs.

Try arguing like a reasonable person instead of getting pissy and making personal attacks.

I just have to point out your hypocrisy. You can't tell someone to "Stick to commenting about video games and not about things you obviously don't have a clue about," and then when they come back with something equally rude say "Try arguing like a reasonable person instead of getting pissy and making personal attacks." You made a personal attack on him first. You can't just up and mount the moral high horse when he responds similarly.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time. You've been warned.
#27ZephyrSSXPosted 2/27/2013 10:31:02 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...

Not sure how you can say that given the recent developments with the drone program. We will literally drone a house, killing everyone inside, to get one terrorist.

Not quite a 1 for 1 ratio. We've killed over 3,000 terrorists with drones and just over 1,000 civilians. The government will do what it wants, unfortunately. US soldiers and civilians strongly dislike the drone strikes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WNvvjK8.png
#28MG42_CHEFPosted 2/27/2013 11:24:06 PM
I thought we only used DU in weapons that are generally supported by vehicles, namely tank rounds.From what I have read up on, DU has little effect on the human body in the short term. Long term results have not been shown.

Also, a better question is who cares about these people out in the Middle East. I mean really, Does it impact anyone here if someone on the opposite side of the world dies. If you say yes, then you are lying and trying to fool yourself that you are an unselfish being when deep down you are so selfish you are in denial. I know you're type, I KNOW.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#29KabtheMentatPosted 2/28/2013 12:57:45 AM
angrybirdsdude posted...
maybe the taliban suffer more losses because they're undereducated farmers and we spend $200 billion a year on tech to kill them

#maybe

You're partially correct. They obviously don't have the high tech s***. But what does education really have to do with it? I mean do soldiers really calculate the trajectory of the bullet before taking a shot? LMAO

They do if they're snipers.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#30KabtheMentatPosted 2/28/2013 1:02:26 AM
I thought we only used DU in weapons that are generally supported by vehicles, namely tank rounds.From what I have read up on, DU has little effect on the human body in the short term. Long term results have not been shown.

Also, a better question is who cares about these people out in the Middle East. I mean really, Does it impact anyone here if someone on the opposite side of the world dies. If you say yes, then you are lying and trying to fool yourself that you are an unselfish being when deep down you are so selfish you are in denial. I know you're type, I KNOW.

Finally someone gets it. I don't give a **** about those people. I don't hate them or anything, butI just don't ******* care. On top of that, I don't feel remotely bad that I feel this way. I live in Florida, do you think anyone else around the world gives a damn if we get smashed by a hurricane? Of course not, and I don't blame them. Unless they have business dealings or own a home themselves down here, they don't care.

Side note: The whole "OMG DU ROUNDS R POISON!!!" is bull ****.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.