Why people still mad about OP weapons (specifically smg)

#11RikiazPosted 2/28/2013 8:36:49 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
I still believe the PDW is a problem. Its large 50 round magazine is just way to high and encourages spray and pray. The amount of times I've been killed after making it behind cover or rounded a corner because a guy simply did not stop shooting is a joke. Never before has a COD gun been so forgiving off inaccurate shooting.

When you add in its steady rate of fire, low manageable recoil, quick ADS, strafe and running speed and its tight hipfire spread then there's almost no drawback to using it. Sure you'll be beat at longer ranges but how many maps really have those long lines of sight? Most of the maps that do are the unpopular ones that never come up.

I don't believe its the best gun in the game or even the best SMG but being unlocked from the start it's the first gun most people use and they become too reliant on the large mag and when they try other guns they notice they're running out of ammo faster and just go back to the PDW. That's why its the most used gun in the game and you see tons of guys with like 3k PDW kills and barely a handful with anything else.

Call me a crybaby if you must, I don't feel I'm wrong in pointing out that this gun is the root of the laser sight, hip fire , spray 'n' pray nature of this game.

TL;DR
50 round magazine for an SMG is too damn high.

The PDW is exactly like the p90 in every other CoD save WaW and BOps. No one ever cried about it before. People just die from a gun that is popular and say it is overpowered rather than they made a mistake or got outshot.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#12JonnywestsidePosted 2/28/2013 9:09:49 AM
Rikiaz posted...
Jonnywestside posted...
I still believe the PDW is a problem. Its large 50 round magazine is just way to high and encourages spray and pray. The amount of times I've been killed after making it behind cover or rounded a corner because a guy simply did not stop shooting is a joke. Never before has a COD gun been so forgiving off inaccurate shooting.

When you add in its steady rate of fire, low manageable recoil, quick ADS, strafe and running speed and its tight hipfire spread then there's almost no drawback to using it. Sure you'll be beat at longer ranges but how many maps really have those long lines of sight? Most of the maps that do are the unpopular ones that never come up.

I don't believe its the best gun in the game or even the best SMG but being unlocked from the start it's the first gun most people use and they become too reliant on the large mag and when they try other guns they notice they're running out of ammo faster and just go back to the PDW. That's why its the most used gun in the game and you see tons of guys with like 3k PDW kills and barely a handful with anything else.

Call me a crybaby if you must, I don't feel I'm wrong in pointing out that this gun is the root of the laser sight, hip fire , spray 'n' pray nature of this game.

TL;DR

The PDW is exactly like the p90 in every other CoD save WaW and BOps. No one ever cried about it before. People just die from a gun that is popular and say it is overpowered rather than they made a mistake or got outshot.

I never said it was OP, I specifically stated that it wasn't even the best in the SMG class. Go back to MW3 and throw on the P90 with Steady Aim and run around hipfire only, then try the same with the PDW on BO2 with laser and the difference is huge.

As stated I don't think the PDW is OP I just think its the first gun most players use and a lot of them become reliant on it's large mag and refuse to use any other guns because of this. This is the reason the game is so SMG dominant and the reason so much hate flows in their direction. As I said in an earlier post when has a weapon in CoD that is not statistically the best been the most popular?
#13DudusCokePosted 2/28/2013 9:28:25 AM
Rikiaz posted...
Jonnywestside posted...

TL;DR

The maps in previous COD games weren't made for cqc. A few maps were, but a medium size or larger map AR's were the better option. Even on the bigger maps in this game a silenced SMG is just easy mode.
---
King dem of Tivoli
#14RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:18:57 AM
DudusCoke posted...
Rikiaz posted...
Jonnywestside posted...

TL;DR

The maps in previous COD games weren't made for cqc. A few maps were, but a medium size or larger map AR's were the better option. Even on the bigger maps in this game a silenced SMG is just easy mode.

Mind posting your GT so we can see how awesome and easy mode SMG is for you?
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#15Saizen13Posted 2/28/2013 11:30:23 AM
Cysi posted...
Because people need an excuse as to why they died other than "I was outplayed"

You do realize you're talking about BO2, right? This isn't pre-BO1 when connection was very solid and we didn't have the bogus lag comp that exists today. You must be on the good side of lag comp. Combine that with bogus weapons and that's why you'll die before the enemy is even on your screen. On their side they rounded the corner, derped out, had a BBQ then shot you. On yours you drop dead then they round the corner.
---
twitch.tv/Saizen13
#16HereticKitsunePosted 2/28/2013 11:32:58 AM
SMGs are very easy to use and very powerful in this game, mostly due to the way the maps work. They aren't overpowered, or crutches, but I would say they're the best option overall, barring maybe the FAL sometimes.

Oh and I don't have the DLC, so I dunno if those maps are less SMG-friendly.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#17QualiTPosted 2/28/2013 11:37:37 AM
Thing is, the 50 round mag is the only reason to use the PDW over the MSMC, so if you nerf that, you effectively kill the gun.

Increasing the reload time would probably be the best way to go in my opinion (if it were to get nerfed) and maybe increase the hipfire spread a tad (say from 5 --> 5.5).
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif