Level up your game!

#1DraconilianPosted 3/2/2013 2:34:08 PM
Black ops 2 is full of "Crutch" things. I don't just mean SMGs and shotties. But generally things that no truly skilled player should need. While they are nice to have. As a rule, points are better spent elsewhere.

I'll give examples of crutches in BO2

Select Fire = Any competent player can fire faster than SF and aim at the same time. Reducing recoil and conserving ammo. Next.

Quickdraw = Basically with the exception of LMGs, time saved from this attachment is no big deal,

Stock = this board loves stock, I get it. But it doesn't save your life as much as you think and isn't that useful. I move just fine without it. You should too

Any Optic, Ever, With the exception of the MMS = You can learn to use the iron sights. The only reason the MMS is useful is the X-ray capability. Which adds situational awareness.

Hardline = Die Less, next.

Toughness = Just because your gun jumps a ton when you get shot doesn't mean your aim actually moves up there, your bullets stay more on target than you think. This is a borderline example, because it can save your life, especially at ranges.

Dexterity = Holy crap. Biggest crutch perk in the whole game. Did you know we played CoD without the benefit Dexterity provides for years? that it only showed up as a benefit in MW3, wasn't spectacularly common, and was a pro perk? well it's true! Any older CoD player should know how to treat sprinting and not need this perk. End of Story. Mantling and climbing faster is useful occasionally however.

Awareness = you can hear footsteps without it. I repeat: YOU CAN HEAR FOOTSTEPS WITHOUT AWARENESS

LEARN TO LISTEN PEOPLE
It is hard though. but still possible.

This is how it works. If the benefit the perk/attachment provides cannot be substituted by skill, ever, it's totally useful. Things like Flak Jacket, Ghost, Suppressors, extended mags, FMJ, extreme conditioning, tactical mask. etc.

I suggest to everyone. make a class without any crutches, one that emphasizes your own skill. and LEVEL UP YOUR GAME!
---
Petition to bring all the Black Ops 2 DLC to Wii U!
Signatures : 1
#2belieberPosted 3/2/2013 2:39:48 PM
tldr
---
GT: BEIBER 4EVER
AMAZING.
#3fatclemenzaPosted 3/2/2013 2:43:09 PM
2/10 got me to respond
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#4CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 2:57:56 PM
In short everything is a "crutch" the only "skilled" way to play would be no weapons, no perks, no gear, no knife.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5Draconilian(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:00:31 PM
totally!
---
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 3/2/2013 3:01:52 PM
shooting guns is a crutch for people who rely on skill
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#7fffezPosted 3/2/2013 3:03:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#83edgy5youPosted 3/2/2013 3:13:11 PM
Wiiu player folks, doesn't matter.
---
Sloooooow down. If you get it you'll regret it nucka
Well did you see that red and blue? What did you think; those lights are for you
#93edgy5youPosted 3/2/2013 3:14:56 PM
Lol your information isn't even accurate. Both lightweight pro from MW2 and steady aim pro from BO1 were fuctionally dexterity.
---
Sloooooow down. If you get it you'll regret it nucka
Well did you see that red and blue? What did you think; those lights are for you
#10Draconilian(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:18:42 PM
3edgy5you posted...
Lol your information isn't even accurate. Both lightweight pro from MW2 and steady aim pro from BO1 were fuctionally dexterity.

honestly forgot about those.
Either way, both were fairly rare.
---