Paying for bullets...not the troll topic

#1SpinalsniperPosted 3/4/2013 1:59:08 AM
I couldn't afford to buy both the game and the season pass (which saves you $10) at the same time, or I would have. I do good to buy a game once every 3 months. My cash is spread very thin with food, gas, dog food, cat food, house payment, electric bill, Dish, Internet/phone, cell phone, garbage pickup, and all other adult things that life sometimes requires.

Now because I couldn't afford it then, I pay $15 per DLC. I enjoy the game and the new maps/weapon/modes that make it even more enjoyable...lag not with standing.

If this game franchise ever starts becoming EA, then I will simply either stop buying it or not buy the extras. But If it's something I want then I will think about it. I may not like it and normally I would say that I would absolutely not buy it, but let us be adults. If you buy something and you enjoy it, then by that definition it's worth it.

It may come to this, it may not. I hope it doesn't...but lets cross that bridge when we get there.
---
I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam!
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#2AirRawr_Posted 3/4/2013 2:04:16 AM
I can assure you they will never charge for bullets and if they ever do I'll close my gamefaqs account
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#3bigbug1992Posted 3/4/2013 2:05:10 AM
AirRawr_ posted...
I can assure you they will never charge for bullets and if they ever do I'll close my gamefaqs account

and now I bookmark this page.

Remember those words.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#4jackbaur24Posted 3/4/2013 2:09:56 AM
@AirRawr_ empty promises lol

Spinalsniper posted...
I couldn't afford to buy both the game and the season pass (which saves you $10) at the same time, or I would have. I do good to buy a game once every 3 months. My cash is spread very thin with food, gas, dog food, cat food, house payment, electric bill, Dish, Internet/phone, cell phone, garbage pickup, and all other adult things that life sometimes requires.

Now because I couldn't afford it then, I pay $15 per DLC. I enjoy the game and the new maps/weapon/modes that make it even more enjoyable...lag not with standing.

If this game franchise ever starts becoming EA, then I will simply either stop buying it or not buy the extras. But If it's something I want then I will think about it. I may not like it and normally I would say that I would absolutely not buy it, but let us be adults. If you buy something and you enjoy it, then by that definition it's worth it.

It may come to this, it may not. I hope it doesn't...but lets cross that bridge when we get there.

now thats some weird logic. instead of looking at the actual value you only go by your feelings. would you buy a big mac for $15?

would you buy bullets if its only $5 a month? i mean,everybody can afford that!

the point here is activision asks the price of a full game but only delivers a couple small maps .

And people fall for it supporting such business models we will seen bullets and ingame purchases because of people like you :(
#5jackbaur24Posted 3/4/2013 2:15:05 AM
broke people actually are one of a couple of reasons why free2play is coming:

you want the most amount of people to download your game

hook them to it.

then you will find enuff ways to take their money over time. even if these people would have been too broke to buy it for 60....

they will want the additional content so much that soon they pay hundrets for games and buy more ingame stuff and ssentially ingame ammo. if nobody would buy the dlc crap we would get games for 60 with all content already included.
#6Spinalsniper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 2:16:23 AM
I actually watched the EA CEO on his stance about Micro transactions. I figure this is what started all those troll topics. I honestly couldn't think that this was ever going to be a potential ploy for pulling money out of people.

The Idea (in it's purest form) is a great idea.
1. Release a game - finished
2. Several months later release an add-on to that game making it fresh and to reward it's core audience while attracting a new one.
3. Repeat if you have a great idea and sales support the idea and feedback is good.

This is what Rockstar did with GTAIV. This is/should be the golden standard for all DLC. Granted it's an entirely different genre, but I see no issue with maps, modes, and a weapon being purchased. Others I have an issue with, but I won't rush into judgement till I see it.

P.S. Here is that speech the CEO made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE
---
I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam!
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#7Spinalsniper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 2:19:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8jackbaur24Posted 3/4/2013 3:57:22 AM
Spinalsniper posted...
I actually watched the EA CEO on his stance about Micro transactions. I figure this is what started all those troll topics. I honestly couldn't think that this was ever going to be a potential ploy for pulling money out of people.

The Idea (in it's purest form) is a great idea.
1. Release a game - finished
2. Several months later release an add-on to that game making it fresh and to reward it's core audience while attracting a new one.
3. Repeat if you have a great idea and sales support the idea and feedback is good.

This is what Rockstar did with GTAIV. This is/should be the golden standard for all DLC. Granted it's an entirely different genre, but I see no issue with maps, modes, and a weapon being purchased. Others I have an issue with, but I won't rush into judgement till I see it.

P.S. Here is that speech the CEO made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

yes what rockstar did was great, that was a completely new experience.

i think treyarch is just lazy. even tho i am glad a lot of people seem to like the new zombie map.

infinity ward really did put more effort into the map packs, i bought elite for 50 eur because all the mp maps were playable in survival. i love that mode and still hold world records on ps3 in survival on some maps. we played that a lot, with friends, i hope it returns in mw4. anyway, this way you were able to play all the maps in normal MP and in survival, so that was a good value for me.

now treyarch is too lazy to make somethn similiar to zombies for all mp maps. there is combat training of course which is a nice addition but i dont think it offers too much reward to play it for very long.

mark rubin of IW indirectly said once on twitter it wuld cost around $150k to make a map , including play testing and all.

so lets say a content season costs activision like $2 million with all the content.

about 2 million people buy season pass plus millions of map pack sales. thats an income of around $200 million.

THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR.

i dont mind people making money. but such win-margins even if you add marketing costs, you could already say its a scam.

i dont feel comfortable paying $50 for somethn that cost $1 to produce.

that is kinda like paying for bullets.....

season pass should be 20 or 30 , and it would really make sense if they put in the effort that you could use the dlc content you buy also in the next cod.