Summary: Call of Duty Championship 2013

#1Renegade_66Posted 3/4/2013 9:25:47 AM
Found a nice summary here: http://www.hypejar.com/Call-of-Duty-Championship-2013

----------

The first annual Call of Duty Championship, presented by Xbox, will take place on April 5-7 in Los Angeles. 32 of the world’s top 4-person teams will qualify to compete on Call of Duty®: Black Ops II for a share of $1 Million. The Call of Duty Championship will begin with round-robin pool play among 8 groups of 4 teams. The top 2 teams from each group will advance to a 16-team double-elimination bracket.

Visit Call of Duty ELITE for full event coverage, including the final match broadcast on Sunday April 7th. The Call of Duty Championship can also be seen on Xbox LIVE. More details to come.

Million Dollar Prize Pool
1st Place Team $400,000
2nd Place Team $200,000
3rd Place Team $120,000
4th Place Team $100,000
5th Place Team $70,000
6th Place Team $50,000
7th Place Team $35,000
8th Place Team $25,000

----------

What are your thoughts about the Championship? Anybody hyped enough to sit down and watch the whole thing? Anybody totally disinterested?
---
youtube.com/PlateauGaming
#2BaseballtitanPosted 3/4/2013 9:55:03 AM
I don't like the money distribution.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#3Renegade_66(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:09:04 AM
From the advertising, I honestly though that the winner was taking home 1 million. Kinda misleading :P
---
Royalty Free Creative Commons EDM: youtube.com/MMMontageMusic
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 3/4/2013 11:11:55 AM
Still, the players on the winning team will make enough money that they won't need to work for the rest of the year. Not bad for playing a video game.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5fatclemenzaPosted 3/4/2013 11:13:47 AM
Still, the players on the winning team will make enough money that they won't need to work for the rest of the year. Not bad for playing a video game.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Or pay off tuition/cars/mortgage, etc.

By the way, I think the $100,000 for each winning player gets taxed down to $72,000. Still, pretty good score.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#6Renegade_66(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:33:23 AM
fatclemenza posted...

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Or pay off tuition/cars/mortgage, etc.

By the way, I think the $100,000 for each winning player gets taxed down to $72,000. Still, pretty good score.

Very true! Would be a shame when the thing you love turned into a chore and not a passion, though. I wonder if they still enjoy playing or if it's actually a "job" mentality for them...?
---
Royalty Free Creative Commons EDM: youtube.com/MMMontageMusic
#7barn0byPosted 3/4/2013 11:36:25 AM
Score point, then camp/defend the objective with advice from commentators that have no real reason to be speaking.

I'll give it a miss
---
Hi, My names Ryan and I like to ......
People who got it 1
#8fatclemenzaPosted 3/4/2013 11:55:22 AM
Score point, then camp/defend the objective with advice from commentators that have no real reason to be speaking.

I'll give it a miss

The hell are you on about?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#9supercoolisaacPosted 3/4/2013 11:56:35 AM
fatclemenza posted...

I'll give it a miss

The hell are you on about?

---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac