Call of Duty needs Micro-Transactions now or it will die like Dead Space

#11shadowsofdawnPosted 3/5/2013 10:47:12 AM
Happy_MCG posted...
Dead Space isn't dead.

Well, it's no more dead than it normally is.

Its dead because they canceled DS4 due to lower-than-expected sales of DS3.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#12Happy_MCGPosted 3/5/2013 10:49:01 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Happy_MCG posted...
Dead Space isn't dead.

Nope. The story was completely bogus.

http://kotaku.com/5988639/rumors-of-dead-spaces-demise-are-false-says-studio
---
NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM FEED THE TROLLS YUMMY BACON - love_pirate
#13bigdg912Posted 3/5/2013 11:07:14 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Pretty sure the micro-transactions was what helped kill Dead Space.

First off, I know I am quoting you, Shadow but I am not making an attack on you or your statement. I am just chiming in with my two cents on the micro-transaction thing while piggybacking off your post.

I don't know if they did or not but if they did, that would be a stupid reason for people to not support this game. My first playthrough on the game was on the hardest difficulty available and I never once felt the need to use micro-transactions or any of the BS DLC.

I'm not saying you are wrong or trying to argue with you in particular. I'm just saying that the micro-transactions are completely unnecessary to enjoy the game and that anyone that felt the micro-transactions were hurting this game are simply not looking at it without having preconceptions of the concept and how it works.

The micro-transactions are like... condoms. Use it if you want. If you feel it takes away from the fun you are, in no way, forced to use them. Just like duping on Borderlands 2. I don't dupe but it doesn't affect me if other people dupe so I don't care. I also don't care if I trade a weapon and find out a weapon is a dupe. I am having fun playing the game... and I got the weapon I wanted.

TL;DR - Micro-transactions being a detriment to DS3 is, in my opinion, BS. I didn't use them and I still got to play a game I enjoyed. (Although, it is the weakest game in the trilogy. IMO.)
#14CmorningWoodPosted 3/5/2013 11:11:22 AM
Matchmaking would be horrid.
---
GamerTag: CraigBeGrizz
#15kokowaaPosted 3/5/2013 12:08:02 PM
Happy_MCG posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
Happy_MCG posted...
Dead Space isn't dead.

Nope. The story was completely bogus.

http://kotaku.com/5988639/rumors-of-dead-spaces-demise-are-false-says-studio

seems like EA would have to say that beause dead space 3 is pretty new still and nobody will buy it for full price anymore if the series is dead.