How to do well with burst weapons.

#1LoshadtPosted 3/5/2013 8:18:45 AM(edited)
Step one: Aim

Step two: Shoot

Step three: Pray to your god of choice that they have already taken most of their health in damage, are not behind cover more than two feet away from you, and are not using an automatic weapon.

Step four: Repeat.

I hope my advice has been helpful. Oh, and f*** you treyarch for nerfing the M8A1.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#2Purely_LuckPosted 3/5/2013 8:19:01 AM
Step 5: M8a1 is better than most ARS in close range.
---
LoL IGN:Paradox, Gamertag-Nuhlified-Best Search and Destory player on the Blops 2 boards.
#3Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:26:51 AM(edited)
Step 5: M8a1 is better than most ARS in close range.

Which is like being the worlds tallest midget. It also needs an attachment to become fully auto, and despite being a burst gun gets stomped at long range by enemies behind cover because it has too much recoil.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 3/5/2013 8:28:37 AM
Red dot sight M8 is a favorite of the competitive players. And you know they aren't going to use anything that isn't the very best lol
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:32:45 AM
From: shadowsofdawn | Posted: 3/5/2013 12:28:37 PM | #004
Red dot sight M8 is a favorite of the competitive players. And you know they aren't going to use anything that isn't the very best lol

I assume these competitive players play search and destroy? The problem with the M8, and burst guns in general is that they offer no advantage over automatic weapons unlike previous games.

Long-range is limited to a couple of spots in each map, which are avoided like the plague by 99% of players. In the situations where long-range effectiveness would be necessary, an automatic weapon would do just as well if you don't just spray like an idiot. Burst weapons need an attachment to become fully automatic, which in turn drastically increases their recoil where weapons that start automatic have relatively little.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#6shadowsofdawnPosted 3/5/2013 8:35:04 AM
Loshadt posted...
From: shadowsofdawn | Posted: 3/5/2013 12:28:37 PM | #004

I assume these competitive players play search and destroy? The problem with the M8, and burst guns in general is that they offer no advantage over automatic weapons unlike previous games.

Long-range is limited to a couple of spots in each map, which are avoided like the plague by 99% of players. In the situations where long-range effectiveness would be necessary, an automatic weapon would do just as well if you don't just spray like an idiot. Burst weapons need an attachment to become fully automatic, which in turn drastically increases their recoil where weapons that start automatic have relatively little.

I think its an aiming issue, if you are dead on, M8A1 is apparently a great weapon for all ranges. I'm not particularly good with them myself, but I've seen some nasty gameplay of Optic players destroying with it.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#7Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:40:50 AM
From: shadowsofdawn | Posted: 3/5/2013 12:35:04 PM | #006
I think its an aiming issue, if you are dead on, M8A1 is apparently a great weapon for all ranges. I'm not particularly good with them myself, but I've seen some nasty gameplay of Optic players destroying with it.

Of course. The M8A1 would probably be the best gun in the game if everyone had 100% accuracy and lag never came into play. This isn't the case however.

In a mode like SnD, where everything is fairly slow-paced, accuracy is king. The M8A1 has the problem of being laughably bad at close range without Selective Fire, and being terrible at long range WITH selective fire. You have to constantly switch between firing modes just to be able to almost match other guns at their appropriate ranges.

And by too much recoil, I mean relative to its other disadvantages. If an enemy is outside of cover at long range it's really good, but literally ANY other AR could kill someone like that. When they're behind cover though you end up landing one shot out of the four shot burst which basically means you would have to fire 3-4 bursts to kill him. That's a death sentence.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#8josefreesPosted 3/5/2013 8:59:42 AM
I think it had more to do with the crap netcode
---
ifit'sanewbeginning,thenidon'twanttoKNOWifitsnotworthpretending,th
enidon'twantoKNOWi'mjustsosickoflistening,whatshouldiwanttoKNOW?