Love for the KSG

#1BrighattalonPosted 3/5/2013 3:47:11 PM
It infuriated me no end when I would have someone dead to rights with an AR or SMG only to be shot at long range by a shotgunner. Then I would realize it was the KSG and it would aggravate me even more.
Finally, the other day, I decided I would adapt the "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality and started a KSG class.
My goodness, this gun is fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised with the ease in which this gun kills. No BS hitmarkers, if you do get a hitmarker, then the opponent is out of range and you will more than likely die because of impatience. If the gun hits within its range, then the other guy is dead.
I do realize that this is one those guns that doesn't give much room for error because there have been a few times I've missed only to get cut down. But man, more often than not, I love outranging guys running with scorpions, pdws, or msmcs. Gives me a chuckle every time.
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#2SullyTheStrangePosted 3/5/2013 3:49:08 PM
If you have the aim for it it's an awesome gun. Best part is definitely the instakill to any body part within range.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#3AscoltarePosted 3/5/2013 3:50:02 PM
I only hip fire with it.
---
Shaq: "Rondo is still the best PG in the game." Barkley: "Is D-Rose dead?"
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwzhis3Scz1r3gup8o1_400.gif
#4timilayas99Posted 3/5/2013 3:57:51 PM
It's probably the only gun in the game that takes real skill to use.
#5RedRaven80Posted 3/5/2013 4:02:47 PM
I'm gonna start using it whenI unlock it on this prestige. I've beena heavy R870 user and it's time to move on. I've been using the M1216 asof right now.
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus
#6gameflakPosted 3/5/2013 4:19:12 PM
It's too inconsistent for me due to lag issues.
---
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#7DXiRoNMaNPosted 3/5/2013 4:21:00 PM
gameflak posted...
It's too inconsistent for me due to lag issues.

agreed. I have no patience for it
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#8KeldonisPosted 3/5/2013 4:29:23 PM(edited)
The KSG is an incredibly awesome shotgun. There's nothing quite like the rage you get from sniping someone from halfway across the map with a shotgun. However, the problem is it's inconsistent and too dependent on your connection. I have games where I go 40-2 with it, and other games when I struggle to remain positive. The hit detection can be absolutely atrocious at times, and I've had games where the KSG refuses to land a hit, despite clearly being on target.

In most cases the R870 is simply better. In games where you do especially well with the KSG, you would also likely do just as well (if not better) with the R870. It doesn't quite have as much effective range, but it simply outperforms the KSG a good majority of the time in it's respective range.

KSG with a silencer is awesome for flanking though, you can wipe out a whole team before they knew what hit them. Also, in the likely event you miss a shot or two, you won't show up on radar.

KSG: Silencer-Stock-QD ;)
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.