General Multiplayer Observations

#1Ragnarock5Posted 3/6/2013 1:04:06 AM
So I haven't bought/played a COD since the first Black Ops (I already bought MW2, didnt want to pay for the same thing again) but I borrowed this one of my friends a few days ago and have noticed a few things about multiplayer. I've been playing Demolition, Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed and S&D and I don't want to brag, but I consider myself quite good at COD. I'm level 49 and my K/D is somewhere around 2.1.

Anyway, I've noticed that Treyarch seems to have made it very easy if not encouraged people to spawn camp. Many of the maps (Standoff, Hijacked) have made this incredibly easy and unfortunately most matches I play degenerate into one team just murdering the other as soon as they appear.

About 60% of the other players I've come across online use snipers. I don't know what quick scoping is like in this game, but so far everyone has been excedingly bad at it. When the quick scopers clips run out they pull out their handguns which seem INCREDIBLY OP in this game, is that just me? Or are they? I used to love running around with dual USP .45s on MW2 but that won't be fun if the handguns are just OP to begin with.

Those are just a few things I've noticed with my time online, just thought I'd share. Feel free to comment on these but I do have a question; what is the majority accepted OP weapon? Like it was the UMP in MW2 and AK-74u in Blops, just wondering what people think it is in this game.

tl;dr: wut gun is OP
#2LinkinparkTNTPosted 3/6/2013 1:10:05 AM
I think the general answer you're going to get is the SMG's, specifically the PDW-57 and MSMC. That being said, I dont think there are any overpowered guns, so much as there is underpowered ones. For the most part, every gun has a role that it really excels in, those that don't are more on the underpowered side. Again, that's just how I feel about the game, but everyone had different opinions.
---
The easiest way to annoy people online? Be nice to them.
#3SpinalsniperPosted 3/6/2013 1:14:31 AM
No 1 weapon is OP. Some are easier to use depending on your style of play, but honestly, the weapons are fairly well balanced. I think the intention of the pistols were to make them feasibly to be used as a primary if you stack perks for challenges, but other than that. It's all pretty balanced.
---
I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam!
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#4BrockObanaPosted 3/6/2013 3:10:02 AM
FAL
---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#5SpinalsniperPosted 3/6/2013 3:35:29 AM
BrockObana posted...
FAL

Not anymore it's not - wasn't before either, but definitely not now.
---
I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam!
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#6Ragnarock5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 6:29:12 AM
How was FAL OP? I haven't tried it but I really like the SMR. Its funny when you use select fire cause no one expects 2 shot kills from that far away. Of course semi is still most fun I think
#7webbc99Posted 3/6/2013 7:15:33 AM
Ragnarock5 posted...
How was FAL OP? I haven't tried it but I really like the SMR. Its funny when you use select fire cause no one expects 2 shot kills from that far away. Of course semi is still most fun I think

SMR is great, love that weapon. Usually you will find people saying the PDW and MSMC are overpowered, and imo the MSMC certainly outclasses a lot of other guns in the SMG class, and even the AR class.

Pistols are really good in this game, their main disadvantage is having small clips. The B23R is awesome. But they're only "as good" as some primary weapons imo.

There is a lot of spawn killing, especially on the smaller maps, the spawns can be really weird.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#8Mr_SchickadancePosted 3/6/2013 7:17:55 AM
the PDW is the best gun in the game. And by best I mean the best chance to outgun someone in any situation ON AVERAGE.
#9trakrunr4evrPosted 3/6/2013 8:45:54 AM
Mr_Schickadance posted...
the PDW is the best gun in the game. And by best I mean the best chance to outgun someone in any situation ON AVERAGE.

Wrong.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#10trakrunr4evrPosted 3/6/2013 8:46:11 AM
There are no OP guns in this game.

/topic.
---
GT: Stelthmastr