General class advice and scorestreak setup.

#1Majora1988Posted 3/8/2013 11:59:12 AM
So is it worth running a pistol/emp on an AR class over another tier perk?

Been running

AR

Stock/Suppressor or Fast Mags

Hardline
Toughness
Engineer/Tac Mask

Pisol(Was using executioner last prestige)
1 EMP grenade.

Just want some opinions on that.

I've been running Lightning Strike, AGR, Stealth Chopper for my scorestreaks, mainly playing Kill Confirmed. Should I turn that up a bit if I can get those streaks fairly reliably, and if so, how much should I turn it up?
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]
#2fatclemenzaPosted 3/8/2013 12:46:52 PM
I wouldn't use equipment without Scavenger (unless it was on a specialized class designed for anti-scorestreak purposes). If you do, you're pretty much playing with Pick 9 as soon as you use it.

Engineer and Tac Mask at the same time is redundant. Decide if you're more afraid of Concussion grenades or Claymores and choose accordingly. Tac Mask/Scavenger/EMP grenade is a good combo since you can throw EMPs everywhere to wipe out equipment while having all of the Tac Mask benefits.

I usually used a pistol to make up for the lack of Fast Mags. If you play aggressive, a pistol is a great idea since you'll likely have the entire team spawn on you and won't have time to reload anyway. Can't go wrong with the B23, even with no attachment its as potent as a MW2 secondary.

As far as scorestreaks, you want to focus on those that allow you to easily confirm kills afterwards. I liked UAV/CUAV/VSAT in the end, although you could replace CUAV with anything you want since they get shot down instantly.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#3destructoclausPosted 3/8/2013 1:24:48 PM
Try this for an AR class:

Rifle - stock + suppressor
R870 - long barrel

Flak jacket
Scavenger or Toughness
Tactical mask

Bouncing betty/C4

Overkill

The shotgun will be your best asset. Switch to it whenever you feel applicable and watch the kills pile up. I designed this class specifically so I could feel like I was playing MW2, where I was the best I've been at any CoD (nuking any game at will after a certain point). This class works INSANELY well for any game mode.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#4GreatKiraLordPosted 3/8/2013 1:32:15 PM
Is there a specific weapon you're interested in by any chance?
#5Majora1988(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:33:07 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I wouldn't use equipment without Scavenger (unless it was on a specialized class designed for anti-scorestreak purposes). If you do, you're pretty much playing with Pick 9 as soon as you use it.

Engineer and Tac Mask at the same time is redundant. Decide if you're more afraid of Concussion grenades or Claymores and choose accordingly. Tac Mask/Scavenger/EMP grenade is a good combo since you can throw EMPs everywhere to wipe out equipment while having all of the Tac Mask benefits.

I usually used a pistol to make up for the lack of Fast Mags. If you play aggressive, a pistol is a great idea since you'll likely have the entire team spawn on you and won't have time to reload anyway. Can't go wrong with the B23, even with no attachment its as potent as a MW2 secondary.

As far as scorestreaks, you want to focus on those that allow you to easily confirm kills afterwards. I liked UAV/CUAV/VSAT in the end, although you could replace CUAV with anything you want since they get shot down instantly.

Okay, I'm going to try minus tac mask and with scav to that class, and see how it goes. I was actually using the executioner last prestige because I wanted something different, but yeah the B23 is the best pistol IMO.
---
[PDBA Forever]
#6Majora1988(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:34:46 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
Is there a specific weapon you're interested in by any chance?

I was using this on the AN-94, Type 25, MTAR, and SWAT. Though with the swat I was using select fire over a suppressor or fast mags.

Though if you have any good set-ups with the other assault rifles other than the semi-autos, go ahead and share.
---
[PDBA Forever]