Things that Activision could do worse to this game

#11TangoIX21Posted 3/8/2013 7:08:11 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
I did read it.... DS3 is just like Activision testing the waters for more various ways of microtransaction use.

Wait.... EA isn't Activision.... derp.

We all make mistakes. But your point is valid. Many publishers are leaning towards extra charges for things. Whether it be an Online Pass (which encourages new purchases) or stuff like bonus items, unlocking stuff faster (you can actually find that stuff with certain games. LittleBIG Planet Vita has such a feature), or for research and in-game cash stuff.

Black Ops 1 could have benefited from an in-game cash redemption feature honestly. Earning the Create-A-Class items is one thing, but having to build up cash to buy them was frustrating.
#12JonnywestsidePosted 3/8/2013 8:06:51 PM
I don't see how micro-transactions would be a problem. Not like they're gaining any advantage over me by being higher prestige or having diamond camo.

I don't think season passes are unfair either, the used game industry makes fortunes of the back of the game designers hard work. Why shouldn't they want a piece of the action?
#13CaffeineSnorterPosted 3/8/2013 8:09:55 PM
I don't see how micro-transactions would be a problem. Not like they're gaining any advantage over me by being higher prestige or having diamond camo.

I don't think season passes are unfair either, the used game industry makes fortunes of the back of the game designers hard work. Why shouldn't they want a piece of the action?

And how long until we see Micro-transactions that have actual meaning to the game? Pay to win weapons? Scorestreaks for cash? It is a slippery slope and an avalanche of cash will follow.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#14ThatOnePotatoPosted 3/8/2013 8:12:29 PM
DLC scorestreaks could be really annoying.
What if they have a MOAB'ish scorestreak added for some strange reason?
---
Black ops 1 Zombies <3
#15JonnywestsidePosted 3/8/2013 8:13:48 PM
CaffeineSnorter posted...

And how long until we see Micro-transactions that have actual meaning to the game? Pay to win weapons? Scorestreaks for cash? It is a slippery slope and an avalanche of cash will follow.

Won't happen.
#16TheFeshPincePosted 3/8/2013 8:15:47 PM
Dumping the SP is not a bad idea, at all.
#17Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:16:19 PM
Jonnywestside posted...

Won't happen.

If people feed them enough cash for small things related to it, eventually they will get enough courage to pull something like that.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#18CaffeineSnorterPosted 3/8/2013 8:18:02 PM

Won't happen.

You seriously overestimate the CoD community if you think many of them wouldn't pay to win.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#19CalvinCandiePosted 3/8/2013 8:31:00 PM

If it means more maps and MP content, indeed.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#20TangoIX21Posted 3/8/2013 8:37:25 PM
TheFeshPince posted...

Wait.... there is an SP mode?