SMG users who think Shotguns are this game's noob/easy mode weapons -_-

#1JonnywestsidePosted 3/11/2013 4:52:07 AM
lol wut?

If irony was a metal pole I would beat them round the head with it. I can kind of get why people hate the R870 sometimes but all other Shotguns are fair game. Anyone who thinks the R870 is OP has either never used it or only used it on Hijacked. It's one of the most rage inducing, "how the f*** did I not kill that guy" weapons to use in game. Even getting the occasional far range OHK p***** you off because you've been getting hitmarkers from half as far all game.
#2CysiPosted 3/11/2013 4:55:48 AM
I have all the shotguns gold except the M1216 (almost there) and the 870 is my lowest K/D shotgun. It's still the biggest noob cannon in the game though. Run around like a headless chicken, hipfire people and hope you kill them, barely break even.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Cysi/ // http://rateyourmusic.com/~HolocaustWolf
http://raptr.com/badge/Cysi/fs_overall.png http://i.imgur.com/W0UvL.png
#3BeastlyIguanaPosted 3/11/2013 4:58:28 AM
I use the assault shield.

GOML, shotgun and SMG scrubs.
---
Instead of being a Weiner why don't you explain -axelfooley2k5
#4Jonnywestside(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 5:00:18 AM
Cysi posted...
It's still the biggest noob cannon in the game though. Run around like a headless chicken, hipfire people and hope you kill them, barely break even.

You could do that with a Laser Sight SMG more effectively. Just because you use it like a scrub doesn't make it a noob weapon.
#5Shaun3DPosted 3/11/2013 5:08:16 AM
I like shotguns cause they're fun... Shotgun!
---
Must.......fill......space.......
#6BipBapBamPosted 3/11/2013 5:15:56 AM
I consider the R870 far easier to use than any SMG. The rest of the shotguns are terrible though.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#7shadowsofdawnPosted 3/11/2013 5:23:58 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
Even getting the occasional far range OHK p***** you off because you've been getting hitmarkers from half as far all game.

This so much. Sometimes I'll hipfire snipe a guy and wonder "how the f*** did I just do that and get so many hitmarkers at point blank range?"
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#8Jonnywestside(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 5:23:59 AM
BipBapBam posted...
I consider the R870 far easier to use than any SMG. The rest of the shotguns are terrible though.

Easier how? In that you would have a higher K/D game on average running round with a R870 than you would with say a PDW? Or in that you wouldn't get as many kills with the Shotgun but the ones you did get were easy to get.
#9BipBapBamPosted 3/11/2013 5:28:14 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
In that you would have a higher K/D game on average running round with a R870 than you would with say a PDW?

Yup. In addition to having those kills be easier, too.

I only used it to get it gold, but I felt so dirty every time. It's not even fun either, you're virtually never out of R870 range in this game's maps.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#10Jonnywestside(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 6:25:09 AM(edited)
BipBapBam posted...
Jonnywestside posted...
In that you would have a higher K/D game on average running round with a R870 than you would with say a PDW?

Yup. In addition to having those kills be easier, too.

I only used it to get it gold, but I felt so dirty every time. It's not even fun either, you're virtually never out of R870 range in this game's maps.

Well perhaps you're just a smart player but I refuse to believe your casual player would pull a higher K/D with an R870 than a PDW.

As for the maps/range comment I swear some people are under some illusions that the maps are shoe box sized. People are constantly out of range of the R870 and with Lightweight/Ex Con being so weak making up the ground can be difficult and no matter how close you get the random spread means a hitmarker is always possible. Not to mention the amount of headglitch spots everyone uses, it's literally impossible to take them out with a Shotgun.

Turbine, Aftermath, Carrier, Cargo, Overflow, Downhill, Slums, Mirage and Drone are all horrible maps for objective playing Shotgunners. The only advantage the R870 has over any other weapon is its ability to kill in one shot in immediate CQC outside of that it is outclassed by everything.