SMG users who think Shotguns are this game's noob/easy mode weapons -_-

#21BansheeNTDmodePosted 3/11/2013 9:58:14 AM
I just need bloodthirsties on the last 3 shotgun for diamond.
R870 is easiest to use
Saiga 12 is low range but full auto
Ksg is an awesome sniper shotgun learn2aim
M1216 is basically awful that you have be in front of their face to use it. I think its a hardcore only gun because in core i had to pump out 2-3 barrels to kill someone
#22LoshadtPosted 3/11/2013 9:59:53 AM
From: BansheeNTDmode | Posted: 3/11/2013 12:58:14 PM | #021
M1216 is basically awful that you have be in front of their face to use it. I think its a hardcore only gun because in core i had to pump out 2-3 barrels to kill someone

M1216 is actually really good once you get used to it.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#23supercoolisaacPosted 3/11/2013 10:00:17 AM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
I just need bloodthirsties on the last 3 shotgun for diamond.
R870 is easiest to use
Saiga 12 is low range but full auto
Ksg is an awesome sniper shotgun learn2aim

nope
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#24supercoolisaacPosted 3/11/2013 10:01:04 AM
Loshadt posted...
From: BansheeNTDmode | Posted: 3/11/2013 12:58:14 PM | #021

M1216 is actually really good once you get used to it.

essentially the same exact thing as the S12 but it has to pause to rechamber every 4 shots.
---
#25Jonnywestside(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 10:02:50 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Loshadt posted...
Shotguns aren't overpowered, but they ARE extremely easy to use. At least the R870 is. The M1216 and S12 require some modicum of strategy to make sure you're always in proper range, but the R870 has just enough range to make it ideal for running around like an idiot.

They should slightly nerf the RoF and make it more consistent honestly.

Slower pump time and tighter hip spread. Yep.

I think a more consistent spread would be nice. Nothing worse than creating an outline of the guy's body on the wall behind him. I agree the pump speed is a little bit too quick.
#26supercoolisaacPosted 3/11/2013 10:05:57 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Loshadt posted...
Shotguns aren't overpowered, but they ARE extremely easy to use. At least the R870 is. The M1216 and S12 require some modicum of strategy to make sure you're always in proper range, but the R870 has just enough range to make it ideal for running around like an idiot.

I think a more consistent spread would be nice. Nothing worse than creating an outline of the guy's body on the wall behind him. I agree the pump speed is a little bit too quick.

the problem is that it's a 2 pellet kill up close with a massive hip spread. noobs don't even have to aim at your body to kill you at close range.
---
#27Astro_B0mbPosted 3/11/2013 10:17:57 AM
870 is a bigger noob cannon than mw2 tubes.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#28Jonnywestside(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 10:28:19 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Jonnywestside posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Loshadt posted...

the problem is that it's a 2 pellet kill up close with a massive hip spread. noobs don't even have to aim at your body to kill you at close range.

So a tighter, more consistent spread would be the way to go?

The thing about a tighter spread is that while it would nerf the noobs it would make this weapon even better in capable hands. Not that I'd complain but one of the only reasons people ever survive up close from my R870 is because the got lucky and the pellets spread around them.