Is it possible to fix this game?

#1number1stunPosted 3/11/2013 3:15:01 PM
Random question/concern thats probably been brought up a million times, but is it at all possible to fix the main issues with this game- lag and hit detection? Would dedicated servers save this franchise? Ive always wondered if they actually cant find a solution or they just wont fix it for whatever stupid reason they may have??
This is 2013, I find it hard to believe that there isnt a solution..
#2GreatKiraLordPosted 3/11/2013 3:16:30 PM
Sure, if they decide to give use dedicated servers and change the overall map designs, which are horrendous. So, I will have yo say the game won't be fixed, at least not very likely.
#3duericPosted 3/11/2013 3:20:58 PM
Dedicated servers are still subject to the same annoyances that P2P gaming is.

The only difference is on servers, there is no "host" advantage.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4fatclemenzaPosted 3/11/2013 3:23:05 PM
I really want to enjoy playing this game, but I can't think of any reason to come back to it. I can just as easily play CoD4 without the backwards lag and the awful grid paper maps and the rock-paper-scissors gameplay.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking youíre the one
That can do whatís never been done, that can win whatís never been won
#5SkilzMCPosted 3/11/2013 3:24:21 PM
Sure, but it won't happen because it's not financially profitable for Activision/Treyarch. Catering to bad players and noobs sells more copies.
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6fatclemenzaPosted 3/11/2013 3:26:01 PM
Catering to bad players and noobs sells more copies.

Which is dumb if you think about it because those players are the ones who buy CoD every year regardless of the details. Catering to them with bad game design is redundant.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking youíre the one
That can do whatís never been done, that can win whatís never been won
#7SkilzMCPosted 3/11/2013 3:31:34 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Catering to bad players and noobs sells more copies.

Which is dumb if you think about it because those players are the ones who buy CoD every year regardless of the details. Catering to them with bad game design is redundant.

Noo... look if some 12 year old tells his 12 year old friend that Black Ops II is REALLY FUN!! It has this awesome sight that shows red diamonds when you aim at them. That 12 year-old will get his mommy to buy him the game too.
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC