Is the campaign as good as the first Black Ops?

#21Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/15/2013 5:06:47 AM
DirtyRoller posted...
Good god are you guys serious? Blops and Blops 2 are the worst campaigns I've played in a shooter since Red Faction 2. Absolutely abysmal, especially this one.

To be honest... on the issue of the COD campaigns...

CODs 1-3: Never really liked the campaign from these games, aside from the soviet portion of the campaign.

MW 1 & 2: First attempt in the series at a serious SP story.

BLOPS 1 & 2: Partiall second attempt at a serious story, but I didn't really like it much aside from the 'what a twist' portion in the first one.

MW 3: Worst of the campaigns.

All in all though, the COD campaigns are likely the weakest campaigns out of any of the shooters.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#22Sega9599Posted 3/15/2013 5:07:50 AM
it is, but W@W had split-screen co-op AND 4 player online Co-Op campaigns, so......
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#23xXSkyrazorXxPosted 3/15/2013 6:00:01 AM
Just because a game has 4 player campaign co-op, that does not immediately give it some sort of advantage. And in fact, I personally think it made little to no sense and in some ways, ruined the game. This isn't Gears of War, after all.

Now, just to clarify, anyone that truly believe that there is any real difference between these campaigns other than cosmetic stuff is kidding themselves. CAC does not actually change the core gameplay, nor does it make the game any less linear. It also does not magically alter the story, which was overall just okay. The theme also does not actually change the overall quality of the campaign, and is again just a matter of preference. At the end of the day, every Call of Duty campaign is the ol' "same stuff, different day" approach.

Yes, I realize that whether or not the story is great is purely an opinion, but it is indeed at least a fact that it's not unique or fresh in any way, generally speaking, unless the only thing you do with your life is play the Call of Duty series. There's a world outside of that, though, and in that other world, none of this is fresh or particularly interesting.

That said, I love these campaigns for what they are, as well as the multiplayer. They have their issues, and we all love to complain about something or other because something or other is always being messed with, but we all still play the game, or at least another game in the series, and we pretty much all go out to purchase the newest game in the series as soon as it's launched.

It's a vicious cycle, and we'll all probably be complaining about it and trolling each other, creating endless flame wars on the subject until the end of our lives. But despite all of that, I love my Call of Duty.
#24Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/15/2013 6:01:55 AM
They should just merge call of duty and Battlefield into one game.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#25PhilR1Posted 3/15/2013 6:09:20 AM
I buy Call of Duty games solely for the campaign (serious) and Black Ops 2 is easily my favourite.

Unlike all the other CoD campaigns that have at least 1 rubbish level, ALL of them are brilliant in BO2.

Yes the story is ridiculous and implausible but the action is second to none. Being able to make choices and have different endings that beat Mass Effect 3's 'choose from one of three colours' is the most surprising factor of all.

The only downside is the Strike Force missions. The friendly AI is terrible and you will have to complete the objectives by yourself because you won't get any help whatsoever. The idea is good, choosing what unit you want to control and where to move & attack but it does not work properly. Trying to complete some of these Strike Force missions on Hardened or Veteran will make you literally pull your hair out. The first two in particular are ridiculously tough whereas others you will complete on your first go.

Some of the choices are even better than 'press X to kill guy A or Y to kill guy B'. Sometimes after completing a mission you find out you have completely missed objectives that you were not even aware of in the first place.

You can even choose loadouts like the multiplayer along with perks. This definitely rewards multiple runs. The weapons are slightly different to multiplayer as well. The SWAT assault rifle is fully automatic without any attachments whereas it is semi-automatic or 3-round burst in multiplayer. I believe there are even weapons exclusive to the campaign.

I would give Black Ops 2 campaign 9/10. There are 11 main missions and 5 Strike Force missions.

Anyone who is thinking of making fun of my post, just remember this - I am not interested in mutliplayer so do not consider the campaign to be an afterthought and only bother with it if the servers are down. It is THE reason I buy the Call of Duty games.

It would be like me making an opinion of multiplayer when I am not in the slightest bit interested in it.
---
Currently playing Dead Space 3, X-Com Enemy Unknown. Waiting for Gears of War Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, Army of Two Devils Cartel
#26Sega9599Posted 3/16/2013 11:08:57 AM
xXSkyrazorXx posted...
Just because a game has 4 player campaign co-op, that does not immediately give it some sort of advantage. And in fact, I personally think it made little to no sense and in some ways, ruined the game. This isn't Gears of War, after all.

Really? Please do elaborate and expand your opinion.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#27lolcharizardPosted 3/16/2013 11:44:28 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
DirtyRoller posted...
Good god are you guys serious? Blops and Blops 2 are the worst campaigns I've played in a shooter since Red Faction 2. Absolutely abysmal, especially this one.

To be honest... on the issue of the COD campaigns...

CODs 1-3: Never really liked the campaign from these games, aside from the soviet portion of the campaign.

MW 1 & 2: First attempt in the series at a serious SP story.

BLOPS 1 & 2: Partiall second attempt at a serious story, but I didn't really like it much aside from the 'what a twist' portion in the first one.

MW 3: Worst of the campaigns.

All in all though, the COD campaigns are likely the weakest campaigns out of any of the shooters.

The MoH:Warfighter campaign was 10 times worse than every CoD campaign.
---
LEADER OF THE ZACK PACK
#28torey_caylorPosted 3/16/2013 11:54:16 AM
Meh campaign was bland and average. Bland level design and forgettable set pieces. Also the story is taking itself too serious for a B style action movie shooter. Menendez is lame, Vaas from Far Cry 3 villain easily trumps him.

COD4 and MW2 were the most fun to play as far as campaigns go. Especially MW2 with all the crazy scripted scenes and set pieces.
#29mst3kfan78Posted 3/16/2013 12:41:02 PM
This campaign was GARBAGE!! The writing was terrible and the choices were ****ing laughable. If the MW campaigns could be compared to a bad Michael Bay movie, Blops 2 was it's retarded straight to video cousin. I got to the second to last mission and quit that suckfest.

The only thing that they did right on the campaign was the customizable classes. Best idea ever!
---
There's a dude in the bushes--HE'S GOT A GUN, what's he doin? I don't know I don't know, RED TEAM GO RED TEAM GO!