Will BO2 be your last CoD game?

#1MMC2100Posted 3/13/2013 11:43:31 AM
Trying to generate some discussion. I personally feel the game has ran it's course. I began losing interest after World at War and every iteration of the game has been (IMO) worse than the previous. Now add to that the new micro-DLCs and I think this will be my last one.

Anyone else feel this way? Has InfinityWard and Treyarch finally pushed the complacency and greed envelopes too far?
#2destructoclausPosted 3/13/2013 11:50:33 AM
This will be my last one that does not include dedicated servers. So if I feel like picking up future installments, I would do it on PC only. But I probably won't be getting another CoD game until the next gen consoles, where I think they'll actually change their gameplay. This formula that they've been using since CoD4 is getting stale to me.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#3TwistedCoCoPosted 3/13/2013 11:53:36 AM
I agree with the quality drop, but i would say that started with black ops. The online was ok, but my lord the single player was dreadful. the way they tried to cram Reznov into the story was quite sad

This will be my last COD anyway, the series doesnt have any ground-breaking changes to give it seems. Pick 10 was a good addition, but your classes could be diverse anyway...
---
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/Blakblade/blehspleandr/pigride.gif
#4EvanW1109Posted 3/13/2013 11:54:34 AM
Actually I have enjoyed a lot of the changes that have been made since then.

First and foremost, the change where challenges do not reset with prestige. This makes both prestiging and working towards challenges, such as gold/diamond camo, viable. I feel like this is the best thing done with any CoD period.

I personally like the pick 10 system as well. Don't need a secondary with LMG, take another perk or another lethal. Is it perfect, no, but it has benefits.

The only thing I miss from previous games is good iron sights on bolt action rifles (WaW), the game mode War (WaW), and the game mode Infected (MW3).
#5HeyPeterManPosted 3/13/2013 11:54:54 AM
i have been saying that every year but i always buy it. some, like mw2, 3 and WaW dont last long before i trade them back. i did keep blops for quite a while and cod4 is one of my all time favorites, this series has definitely gotten stale for me. i am ready for a new franchise to come along and the main thing that i would like to see is that they give guns recoil. blops2 is so incredibly noob friendly in how you can see an enemy, squeeze the trigger and then aim. its absolutely absurd to have guns this easy to aim while barking fire. plus the hitmarkers are obscene. lets bring back some skill based gunplay - any moron can drink 8 beers on saturday night and flail around and get kills on everyday players. its dumb.
---
"Were here for a good time, not a long time." Colin McRae
#6Blizzard09Posted 3/13/2013 11:57:36 AM
I don't buy CoD games made by IW due to them being terrible and well taking stuff from the first game and just changing it a bit then calling it new.

As for CoD by Trey, I will have to wait and see how there next game looks, as I kinda lost faith in them with BO2 having so many problems.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#7XxOblivion77Posted 3/13/2013 11:57:41 AM
Considering I'm going to university next year I'm most likely not going to play many video games.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
Sometimes you just gotta let these suckas know that your balls are bigger than theirs - shadowsofdawn
#8TheRealJayveezyPosted 3/13/2013 12:14:40 PM
Yeah probably. Between these micro transactions, which I think is dumb not because they have them but because they are asking for more money when their game has so many flaws that the majority of the community agrees exist, on top of horrible support(seriously how many months did it take to fix the local game glitch where people lost levels and other things for no reason), along with all of the racist, foul mouth 10 year olds(including adults who act like 10 year olds), and I'm sure I can go on but I will stop.

I'm pretty fed up with this series, and I am hoping that destiny turns out good(probably not since activision is the publisher, idk what bungie was thinking). I will probably continue to play this game sparingly, but unless a new CoD is gifted to me I will most likely not be playing any new CoDs that come out.

Of course this is my opinion and how I feel about the situation. Figured I'd say that before someone wants to start an argument with me because my opinion isn't the same as theirs.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#9gameflakPosted 3/13/2013 12:16:52 PM
TheRealJayveezy posted...
Yeah probably. Between these micro transactions, which I think is dumb not because they have them but because they are asking for more money when their game has so many flaws that the majority of the community agrees exist, on top of horrible support(seriously how many months did it take to fix the local game glitch where people lost levels and other things for no reason), along with all of the racist, foul mouth 10 year olds(including adults who act like 10 year olds), and I'm sure I can go on but I will stop.

I'm pretty fed up with this series, and I am hoping that destiny turns out good(probably not since activision is the publisher, idk what bungie was thinking). I will probably continue to play this game sparingly, but unless a new CoD is gifted to me I will most likely not be playing any new CoDs that come out.

Of course this is my opinion and how I feel about the situation. Figured I'd say that before someone wants to start an argument with me because my opinion isn't the same as theirs.

This. The game quality is getting worse, as is the community.
---
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#10arena11Posted 3/13/2013 12:43:26 PM
gameflak posted...
TheRealJayveezy posted...

This. The game quality is getting worse, as is the community.

yup.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.