Micro-transactions are not the end of the world.

#1fatclemenzaPosted 3/13/2013 2:29:26 PM
I wonder how many people know that their Call of Duty experience will be largely unchanged from this.

Some people use the slippery slope argument to say that CoD will add micro-transactions that give the player who buy them an advantage. Will that happen eventually? Possibly in some form. Don't like it? Play without buying them, or stop playing CoD in general if you want to get your point across (hint: you won't make a difference).

Other people will argue that this is "the beginning of the end for CoD". To the casual fan, this doesn't make a damn bit of difference. To the less casual fan, like some of us here who constantly b**** about the series going downhill, well CoD has been going downhill long before micro-transactions (maybe I should speak for myself on that one).

Yes this is the exact post I made in Zach's topic but I'm making my own topic about it. Sue me.
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#2fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 3:15:17 PM
---
#3BeastlyIguanaPosted 3/13/2013 3:15:59 PM
ur so cewl
---
Instead of being a Weiner why don't you explain -axelfooley2k5
#4ollie229Posted 3/13/2013 3:19:15 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I wonder how many people know that their Call of Duty experience will be largely unchanged from this.

Some people use the slippery slope argument to say that CoD will add micro-transactions that give the player who buy them an advantage. Will that happen eventually? Possibly in some form. Don't like it? Play without buying them, or stop playing CoD in general if you want to get your point across (hint: you won't make a difference).

Other people will argue that this is "the beginning of the end for CoD". To the casual fan, this doesn't make a damn bit of difference. To the less casual fan, like some of us here who constantly b**** about the series going downhill, well CoD has been going downhill long before micro-transactions (maybe I should speak for myself on that one).

Yes this is the exact post I made in Zach's topic but I'm making my own topic about it. Sue me.

Agree.
---
What? No Weather Dominator? You just expect the weather to dominate itself, huh? That's so unprofessional.
#5supercoolisaacPosted 3/13/2013 3:20:13 PM
brb, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#6fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 3:23:05 PM
brb, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

good luck outsmarting my lawyer Abraham Goldsteinburg see you in court kid
---
#7Agent101cPosted 3/13/2013 3:30:12 PM
No, they are just the beginning of the end of affordability and accessibility of the lower-middle class to video games.

And they are being spoon-fed to you in small, progressive stages so as to not alarm you, and you are buying it hookline and sinker.

I work for my money, and when I BUY a game, I expect to OWN that game. Not a piece of it, not a starter pack, not a downpayment, not a day-1 subscription fee, A FULL AND PERMANENT PERPETUAL OWNERSHIP of any and all related content.

But then again I grew up getting the entire game on a cartridge. Do you even know what a cartridge is?!?!?!

You know what killed video games? The fact that they went main stream. People... players ruined them. Anything goes main stream and money-grubbing middle men like the megapublishers get involved and begin to compromise artistic integrity in the name of profit.

And the sad thing is that you don't think you deserve more. These companies would be nothing without you. Don't let them wipe their feet on you.

I don't even touch Borderlands games because I know that within a month there will be 40-60 bucks worth of "new" (aka intentionally delayed in order to drive up price via a built in hidden fee) content.

Also it helps them lie in sales. They can offer you a 20 dollar copy of Borderlands, the complete DLC of which might cost forty or sixty. You don't get the game, you get a piece of it.

Why is it so hard to understand? You're being duped and you're bending over and asking for more and I don't understand your thought process :| and I guess I never will.

Agree to disagree perhaps.

For the rest of my post please mail me 99 cents. There are 8 additional posts to select from but if you get all 8 they are only six dollars. It's cheap so no complaining!
---
Gamertag:
Sidearm Slim
#8fueled-systemPosted 3/13/2013 3:31:35 PM
Make sure not to whine about the whiners when microtransactions become a bigger thing in the next COD
#9Jacuuli340Posted 3/13/2013 3:32:28 PM
it is the end of the world
---
PSN: DistinctFormula
XBL: That Man Sam
#10ScarfacepsychoPosted 3/13/2013 3:34:59 PM
Agent101c posted...

I work for my money, and when I BUY a game, I expect to OWN that game. Not a piece of it, not a starter pack, not a downpayment, not a day-1 subscription fee, A FULL AND PERMANENT PERPETUAL OWNERSHIP of any and all related content.

I guess you never read the Software License Agreements, do you?