Why complain about DLC in this game?

#1Lerp85Posted 3/13/2013 11:02:57 PM
Seriously, why? No one complains and calls people names for buying DLC for other games, so why this one?

I could just imagine people back when GTA 2 was out and they released extra content and people bought an extra disk at almost full game price just for extra game content. What would they have called them?
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#2Silver17Posted 3/13/2013 11:09:27 PM
Too many kids are pressured by their peers to hate on "anything" with the current COD.

Then it's OK to like the game as long as at least a year has gone by.

This BS cycle has been going on since WAW...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#3dr_zombergPosted 3/13/2013 11:10:06 PM
the price stays the same regardless how old the game gets.
whereas on that extra disc of gta2, can easily find it for 5 or less.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#4Lerp85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 11:12:28 PM
dr_zomberg posted...

This has nothing to do with other games DLC. This is not the first game to have DLC, yet it is the first time I have heard people being put down for wanting extra content and paying for it.

You can pay the same price for DLC on a single player game and not even get half the time played on it as you can on the DLC for this game.
---
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#5Silver17Posted 3/13/2013 11:13:15 PM
dr_zomberg posted...

^ COD has done DLC sales before...

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/07/03/call-of-duty-dlc-goes-on-sale.aspx
---
#6dr_zombergPosted 3/13/2013 11:19:07 PM
yes, there are sales (thats how i bought the third MP from BO). but once the sale is over, prices goes back up again.
and i never mentioned other games. MP2 is coming out, yet the first mp will be priced the same, instead of slightly lower its price so that people be more interested in buying it.

tl:dr: people like things cheap. the ps vita's high sales this month (after the price drop) confirm it (as has the countless price drops on *insert EVERYTHING here*)
---
#7Lerp85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 11:21:45 PM
I have gotten less time out of games I pay full price for than I have gotten out of DLC I paid fifteen bucks for.

My whole point is that it is stupid how people are acting about DLC on this game when there is plenty of games that have DLC and that is just fine. They have had DLC out for years and NOW it is bad, but it was just fine before. It makes no sense, other than people just want something to complain about.
---
#8Silver17Posted 3/13/2013 11:27:13 PM
dr_zomberg posted...
yes, there are sales (thats how i bought the third MP from BO). but once the sale is over, prices goes back up again.
and i never mentioned other games. MP2 is coming out, yet the first mp will be priced the same, instead of slightly lower its price so that people be more interested in buying it.

tl:dr: people like things cheap. the ps vita's high sales this month (after the price drop) confirm it (as has the countless price drops on *insert EVERYTHING here*)

IMO it's more that they just want to hate just for the sake of hating.

I mean even back when DLC used to cost 800 points, people were still complaining.

You could drop the price down to 400 points per pack and kids would still be crying...
---
#9Lerp85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 11:28:35 PM
Silver17 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...

IMO it's more that they just want to hate just for the sake of hating.

I mean even back when DLC used to cost 800 points, people were still complaining.

You could drop the price down to 400 points per pack and kids would still be crying...

I don't remember this much complaining ever.
---
#10dr_zombergPosted 3/13/2013 11:30:17 PM
i have no problem with DLC. at all.
i have a problem with its high price, which, combined, makes you have payed 120 dollars for a game.
yes, i have a job, and i still think 15 for a MP is waay too much.

im glad story mode is still being made. because i really REALLY like playing them.
i like to do things on the levels, instead of just going towards the marker.
for example, in WAW i tend to stick with my AI teammates firing from the trenches until no enemies are left alive (exceptions, where i have to actually move forward, like 2 parts in heart of the reich) because it immerses me into what it must have been the actual battles there, instead of just ramboinng towards the enemy and knife them in the face while taking bullets like a tank..

dlc map packs do not offer me the same level of fun as do the disc content (namely story mode). the only exception is cod 3. not gonna watch the intro cinema everytime i want to play a level. plus eder dam is the BEST.COD.MAP.EVER.
---