Why complain about DLC in this game?

#11Silver17Posted 3/13/2013 11:32:36 PM
Lerp85 posted...
Silver17 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
yes, there are sales (thats how i bought the third MP from BO). but once the sale is over, prices goes back up again.
and i never mentioned other games. MP2 is coming out, yet the first mp will be priced the same, instead of slightly lower its price so that people be more interested in buying it.

tl:dr: people like things cheap. the ps vita's high sales this month (after the price drop) confirm it (as has the countless price drops on *insert EVERYTHING here*)

IMO it's more that they just want to hate just for the sake of hating.

I mean even back when DLC used to cost 800 points, people were still complaining.

You could drop the price down to 400 points per pack and kids would still be crying...

I don't remember this much complaining ever.

It's just amplified by all the N0W4Y (and copycats - you guys know who you are) troll threads here.

Just bored people wanting attention. AKA trolls

Fortunately GF =/= COD Community...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#12olmansilverpantPosted 3/13/2013 11:47:18 PM
Lerp85 posted...
I have gotten less time out of games I pay full price for than I have gotten out of DLC I paid fifteen bucks for.

My whole point is that it is stupid how people are acting about DLC on this game when there is plenty of games that have DLC and that is just fine. They have had DLC out for years and NOW it is bad, but it was just fine before. It makes no sense, other than people just want something to complain about.

Ok to your first sentence... What? Please tell me it was an oversight . Try playing the DLC for a game without the game and see how much playtime you get out of it.

The original idea behind DLC was completely ok. The problem is it seems like now developers are intentionally leaving content out of the game in order to turn a $60 game into a $120 investment. Capcom is a very good example of this. SFxT- nearly $300 in DLC and ALL OF IT WAS ON THE DAMN DISC ALREADY!! Shady business practices are going to be the downfall of the game industry. Also so many developers drooling at the idea of a Free 2 Play style of games where you pay for premium items just kills me inside.
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#13TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 3/13/2013 11:50:38 PM
Why stick up for the devs? You're not getting a dime from the profits. People should be able to have their own opinion about it without some mindless CoD zombie telling them how wrong/entitled/spoiled/etc they are for feeling that way.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#14Lerp85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 11:58:34 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Why stick up for the devs? You're not getting a dime from the profits. People should be able to have their own opinion about it without some mindless CoD zombie telling them how wrong/entitled/spoiled/etc they are for feeling that way.

I am wondering why people are so up in arms about it in this game, when they were not so angry about previous installments, nor are they about other games. How does that make me a COD zombie? Im not even talking about just COD. I am not even saying they shouldn't, I am just asking why they don't complain about DLC in general instead of just this game.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#15Lerp85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 12:00:59 AM
olmansilverpant posted...
Lerp85 posted...
I have gotten less time out of games I pay full price for than I have gotten out of DLC I paid fifteen bucks for.

My whole point is that it is stupid how people are acting about DLC on this game when there is plenty of games that have DLC and that is just fine. They have had DLC out for years and NOW it is bad, but it was just fine before. It makes no sense, other than people just want something to complain about.

Ok to your first sentence... What? Please tell me it was an oversight . Try playing the DLC for a game without the game and see how much playtime you get out of it.

The original idea behind DLC was completely ok. The problem is it seems like now developers are intentionally leaving content out of the game in order to turn a $60 game into a $120 investment. Capcom is a very good example of this. SFxT- nearly $300 in DLC and ALL OF IT WAS ON THE DAMN DISC ALREADY!! Shady business practices are going to be the downfall of the game industry. Also so many developers drooling at the idea of a Free 2 Play style of games where you pay for premium items just kills me inside.

I am saying I have gotten more time from the DLC in this game than I have from a full sixty dollar game. Im only talking about the DLC, I know I need to pay for the game too, but my point is still the same.

And Just cause some games have content locked on disk don't mean all do. This one don't.
---
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#16MoegittoPosted 3/14/2013 12:02:52 AM
This series gets more hate than others, but I'm VERY sure CAPCOM and EA get more crap for their DLC practices. I think people are more made at the DLC in this game because Activision for all it's wrong doings stayed pretty far away from things like Microtransactions and such.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#17Lerp85(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 12:07:08 AM
Another thing is that this game actually gives more content for the same price yet people are more upset at the price than before. Makes no sense.
---
#18olmansilverpantPosted 3/14/2013 12:12:58 AM
Lerp85 posted...
Lerp85 posted...

I am saying I have gotten more time from the DLC in this game than I have from a full sixty dollar game. Im only talking about the DLC, I know I need to pay for the game too, but my point is still the same.

And Just cause some games have content locked on disk don't mean all do. This one don't.

Maybe you're not getting my point . You paid for 4 colored in boxes in which to use the original coding of the game again just with a different
Background. That to me is exploitation. I'm not trying to get into it with you all I'm saying is I don't support ANY DLC. If activision would stop pumping them out every year then there would be enough time to put all this DLC on disk and have a happier fan base, but no DLC is used as a way around the $60 maximum they are allowed to charge for a game. If you had to pay $120 for a video game would you? But their defense would be "it's a complete game no DLC that's y the price is so high" . Put it like this(keep in mind it's a hypothetical) if during gamings infancy years DLC was in effect and such classics as Mario,Zelda, Doom and so forth, came out incomplete, the industry would have died.
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#19Silver17Posted 3/14/2013 12:33:20 AM
Lerp85 posted...

Yes some companies have gotten busted for DLC already on the disk, but there's plenty of people out there constantly combing COD disks just to be the first in line to make a YT vid about what they find.

I'm not gonna be totally naive and say that none of the DLC maps were ready at launch, but they do seem to be much better quality than the average stock map.

Bottom line - The ONLY issue I have with the DLC is that it does split the community a little bit. As for the penny pinching butthurt people out there, I'm sure that if we followed you around for an entire year we would find things that you waste your money on too...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#20GreatTroySenseiPosted 3/14/2013 12:36:48 AM
Hey gvuys, weapon skinz?> Wuts next, bullets for dollarz? lulz...

[Frontpage dashboard ad for Minecraft skins, a free feature on the PC... Nobody complains.]
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.