Amazing how up at arms people are over PDW and MSMC nerf

#11AU_Mister187Posted 3/14/2013 8:01:26 AM
TheManlyManatee posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I switched to the MSMC last week and started dominating every match. I got more hate mail that week than ever. Before I started using it I never felt like I was being outgunned by people who did use it, but once I started using it, I realized it just might be OP. The question now should be "Is it now underpowered?" I don't think so.

This.
The nerf didn't kill the gun. And when I used it at first I felt amazing. I feel almost unkillable when using it against a bad team. Now I use it when I'm up against a good team. If that didn't say it might be a little OP idk what does.

The point being is that it is STILL a very serviceable gun, its just closer to on par with all other weapons.

My point exactly "closer to on par with other weapons" Why not just have 1 gun. With the way things are going every SMG will be interchangeable
#12outcast1398Posted 3/14/2013 8:01:35 AM
HITSQUAD187 posted...
I have a dream. That all guns shall be created equal!! that is all.

lol nice :)

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Then people would say all the guns are boring and copies of each other (BO1)... with the exception of a couple weapons of course.
#13TheManlyManatee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:11:45 AM
AU_Mister187 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I switched to the MSMC last week and started dominating every match. I got more hate mail that week than ever. Before I started using it I never felt like I was being outgunned by people who did use it, but once I started using it, I realized it just might be OP. The question now should be "Is it now underpowered?" I don't think so.

This.
The nerf didn't kill the gun. And when I used it at first I felt amazing. I feel almost unkillable when using it against a bad team. Now I use it when I'm up against a good team. If that didn't say it might be a little OP idk what does.

The point being is that it is STILL a very serviceable gun, its just closer to on par with all other weapons.

My point exactly "closer to on par with other weapons" Why not just have 1 gun. With the way things are going every SMG will be interchangeable

You do realize that the smgs are more varied in this game than in any other.

The PDW and MSMC are VERY similar, but they always have been so the nerf doesn't effect that.
The Chicom is a burst smg, making it very different than any smg.
The Skorp is a bullet hose that plays differently from the other smgs.
The Peacekeeper might as well be an assault rifle with a speed increase.
The MP7 is something in between for all smgs.
The Vector is a low damage low recoil weapon.

I don't know if I left any out, but these guns all have different niches and weaknesses.

The MSMC/PDW was too good at too many things. It outshined the other SMGs because it was so easy to use. Nerfing it doesn't make the SMGs more similar, just more balanced.
---
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, CoD: BO2
#14Juzten76Posted 3/14/2013 8:15:01 AM
AU_Mister187 posted...
Juzten76 posted...

This.

It's called balance. You can have balance without making every gun exactly the same. One gun might recoil more than the other, yet deal more damage. Another gun might fire more accurately than another but not do as much damage. Everyone enjoys different guns for different reasons. It isn't about making all the guns the same, it's about making them all equal in killing efficiency when used correctly.