Treyarch's response to Lag situation

#21bigbug1992Posted 3/14/2013 11:17:33 AM
Nyangasm posted...
Nyangasm posted...
Lag isn't the problem. Bad players are.

Lag is the problem, NOT the players, drop the pretentious attitude.

I've been stuck in matches where players literally are teleporting around the level, then the host migrates about 3 times throughout the match to try and compensate. Also people were exploiting freeze glitches earlier on this games release. The amount of lag abuse / switching / compensation is so evident, it's almost childish now to say: "Bad players!".

Then explain to me why I, a person with a crappy DSL Internet connection, can get into stable games and do well, bk randy.

You are on the receiving end of the lag comp. Because you are running behind everyone else, everyone else's connection gets artificial lag to compensate for your awful connection.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#22NyangasmPosted 3/14/2013 11:20:32 AM
Same applies to all Call of Duties before this. People piss and moan about how this and MW3 have the lag compensation but never WaW, CoD4, or MW2. I can do just as well in those as I can in this Call of Duty title.

#badbkrandies
---
XG21G2D4
This is the creepiest pool ever.
#23tadmfpolePosted 3/14/2013 11:34:47 AM
This Nyangasm dude is not very observant I guess? I don't know how a human with a functioning pair of eyes can not see a visible difference in when the game is screwing you with connection and when you are getting outgunned.

The fact that lag ruins games for people on BO2 is not an opinion. And it is not difficult at all to tell when it is happening. It would be different if this were some isolated issue that only a handful of people experience.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#24Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/14/2013 11:36:23 AM
tadmfpole posted...
This Nyangasm dude is not very observant I guess? I don't know how a human with a functioning pair of eyes can not see a visible difference in when the game is screwing you with connection and when you are getting outgunned.

The fact that lag ruins games for people on BO2 is not an opinion. And it is not difficult at all to tell when it is happening. It would be different if this were some isolated issue that only a handful of people experience.

Shhh.... it's not right to talk behind peoples backs that have bad vision.

On topic though, it can be somewhat easy to tell the difference between lag and losing to a more skillful player.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#25mercenary666666Posted 3/14/2013 11:38:24 AM
If you guys hate the game so much, don't buy it. If you're gonna buy it and whine and complain for them ti fix it when they most likely never will, just shut up.
---
Like my facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/Blaziken18383
#26Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/14/2013 11:39:04 AM
mercenary666666 posted...
If you guys hate the game so much, don't buy it. If you're gonna buy it and whine and complain for them ti fix it when they most likely never will, just shut up.

If we did shut up, the boards would sink into the archives of inactivity.
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#27bigbug1992Posted 3/14/2013 11:40:03 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
tadmfpole posted...

On topic though, it can be somewhat easy to tell the difference between lag and losing to a more skillful player.

Sure. When I see a guy, empty a clip, he turns around says "HAI! DERS AN ENEMY" then drops me without a single red flash on my screen, I could say that that was the connection.

When I see a guy, empty a clip, he ducks behind cover, flanks me and drops me in 2-3 well placed shots, I got beat, plain and simple.

Most people seem to think their lack of skill = lag comp screwing them, but when they do well, there is no way that lag comp could ever be working for them.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#28Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/14/2013 11:42:08 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
tadmfpole posted...

Sure. When I see a guy, empty a clip, he turns around says "HAI! DERS AN ENEMY" then drops me without a single red flash on my screen, I could say that that was the connection.

When I see a guy, empty a clip, he ducks behind cover, flanks me and drops me in 2-3 well placed shots, I got beat, plain and simple.

Most people seem to think their lack of skill = lag comp screwing them, but when they do well, there is no way that lag comp could ever be working for them.

Yep. I've had times where I have screwed up and basically should have lost the fight, but some how I absorbed an entire clip from the enemy with only like one or two actually hitting me.
---