Zombies is sometimes best played with everyone muted/ without a mic period.

#1thompsontalker7Posted 3/14/2013 1:34:10 PM
Unlike you guys on the 360 where mics are standard, PS3 has less mics online. However, that doesn't mean that it's a less hostile environment. The randumbs with mics often back out if they don't see mine on, and if they do they always try to talk me up, give me orders, patronize me, all of that. I have nothing to say to most of them in this case, so I usually stay silent.

But in my last match, I turned my mic on after two of my teammates got downed, then asked them where they were. One of them promptly attacks me for not turning my mic on sooner, as if my interaction with him was gonna help us stay alive. I told him that I had nothing to say and that got him more infuriated, and soon it boiled down to who could act the most ignorant. Needless to say, we only got 9 rounds into that match.

All that mics do on Zombies is encourage bad mouthing. Occasionally there's some actual teamwork communication that is passed, but seeing as how my farthest round in Die Rise was with randoms without mics, I wouldn't deem it necessary for success in Zombies.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#2shadowstrike600Posted 3/14/2013 3:21:38 PM
you just have bad luck i always ask are you a kid and whats your highest round and I can know from there if their worth my time
---
Live CrunchyMango09 World Record holder for die rise easter egg round 6
#3TheBEST305gamerPosted 3/16/2013 10:53:50 AM(edited)
Mics are necessary because this game has no pause button. How do I know if you want to take a break and vice versa if you don't have a mic? Watching you jump up and down or point at something with your gun doesn't cut it.

Also, I've come across several idiots who equate "advice" to being "bossed around". The other day I had to buy every single door to the sickle in COTD. I informed everyone of my intentions and let them know they could buy it if they wanted it. No one went for it. I then suggested they start getting the power on, but that was too much to ask. They were constantly going down in the spawn area because they were too stupid to leave and wouldn't listen to anything that I would tell them. If I tell you that you should get jugz instead of hitting the box, I'm essentially helping you survive. Yet, a lot of idiots take that as being bossed around, do the opposite and go down only to quit out of the game when I can't get to them. Morons.

I came across another idiot who insisted we don't turn the power on in Kino, talking about how he made it far and yada yada yada. I disagreed with him and he said "it's a team game", so I said "and when did "the team" deside this? I've only heard you talking". Needless to say, we conflicted from the get go and I simply quit out instead of getting a headache arguing with stupid people. You would think he'd have checked the leaderboards and seen that I had 20 rds on his sad score. HE was indeed being bossy because he wouldn't listen and it was his way or no way. We weren't arguing over which perks to buy, but over how to play the game. THAT is being bossy.
#4CammyApplePosted 3/16/2013 11:04:46 AM
shadowstrike600 posted...
you just have bad luck i always ask are you a kid and whats your highest round and I can know from there if their worth my time

Worth your time? You're playing a mode that can not be "won" and rewards you in no way for doing "better". By default you are wasting time.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5AaronHutchPosted 3/16/2013 11:10:50 AM
lol at people playing Tranzit with randoms, good luck accomplishing ANYTHING
---
W@W was awesome for gun diversity. You saw the MP40, the MP40, and the MP40. - Gritzblitz56
#6JamieAubrey01Posted 3/16/2013 11:14:14 AM
Thats why I never use my mic, In fact I dont even have one anymore
---
Xbox GT: DRaGoN KoBRa or DRaGoN KoBRa v2
[This signature was deleted at the request of a Moderator ]
#7thedeerzordPosted 3/16/2013 11:20:55 AM
Maps like Tranzit or Die Rise are good with maps because the only way for you to get far is to have mics to work with your team to get parts, weapons, upgrades, etc.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8TheBEST305gamerPosted 3/16/2013 11:31:48 AM
thedeerzord posted...
Maps like Tranzit or Die Rise are good with maps because the only way for you to get far is to have mics to work with your team to get parts, weapons, upgrades, etc.

Forgot about this. Good luck finding that last part for the wonder weapon when randie took it and dropped it after going down somewhere!
#9KhyPosted 3/16/2013 11:32:08 AM
thompsontalker7 posted...
Entire Post

Gotta agree with you TC. If I'm playing in a lobby with randoms then I usually mute everyone. For all the reasons you specified and then some.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#10shadowstrike600Posted 3/16/2013 2:29:32 PM
cammy by that i mean i don't want to waste an hour with a team that can only get to round 15 when i can play with a team who gets their by round 20
---
Live CrunchyMango09 World Record holder for die rise easter egg round 6