Can we clarify something? Jumpshotting does not work.

#31RikiazPosted 3/14/2013 6:03:26 PM
AaronHutch posted...
its a reflex. i know it doesnt help

Honestly, this.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#32pacpuf7249Posted 3/14/2013 6:16:30 PM
It can work. If you are jumpshotting against a player who has a gun that quickly spreads bullets in all directions, then a lot of bullets will pass under you. I'm sure other people can come up with other good reasons
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#33ScarfacepsychoPosted 3/14/2013 6:24:57 PM
Nordini posted...
I'm not sure how high you people think you are jumping, but it's not high enough.
This isn't Halo.
You are not Michael Jordan.

I don't have to adjust my aim at all. I will still hit you even while you are in mid-air. If i die, it wasn't because you jumped. It was because you were going to win that firefight regardless because i screwed up.

You look stupid doing it.
It's embarrassing.
Stop.

You look stupid making these topics.
It's embarrassing.
Stop.

See what I did there?
#34Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:28:51 PM
sortajan posted...
to be fair he admitted that if he dies it's because he screwed up, so i don't see how his argument against jumpshotting implies that he's actually mad (people saying stuff like "stay mad") about it for any other reason than him saying it looks stupid

in any case whatever the facts are it doesn't seem to me than anyone can prove either side of the argument, so idk why the **** people are arguing about it

This is because users like "supercoolisaac" and "fatclemenza" , "HeartlessCharms" and many others use this as a standard reply to pretty much any topic. The content of the topic is somewhat irrelevant.

I actually thought to myself when i read supercoolisaac's post "I bet fatclemenza reposts this" and sure enough he was the first one

There is a formula to posters like this:

-If the content of said topic criticizes certain tactics the reply is "stay mad", "get good", or "butthurt"

-If the content of said topic makes a complaint the reply is "you're bad" , or ">post user's elite stats and ridicule them"

-if the content of said topic states an opinion the reply is "MSMC > all"

NOTES:
-Every topic can relate to K/D and W/L
-The CoD community is inherently inferior and teammates are always bad
-Elite is the bible
-Game is terrible but the will nonetheless overcome its flaws and be godly
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#35fatclemenzaPosted 3/14/2013 6:40:36 PM
generally good players don't complain about things like jumping and do in fact recognize that it provides an advantage no matter how small and whether or not you want to acknowledge it. also don't pretend like 90% of topics on this board can't be handled in the fashion you so eloquently summed up
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#36supercoolisaacPosted 3/14/2013 6:43:41 PM
Nordini posted...
sortajan posted...
to be fair he admitted that if he dies it's because he screwed up, so i don't see how his argument against jumpshotting implies that he's actually mad (people saying stuff like "stay mad") about it for any other reason than him saying it looks stupid

in any case whatever the facts are it doesn't seem to me than anyone can prove either side of the argument, so idk why the **** people are arguing about it

This is because users like "supercoolisaac" and "fatclemenza" , "HeartlessCharms" and many others use this as a standard reply to pretty much any topic. The content of the topic is somewhat irrelevant.

I actually thought to myself when i read supercoolisaac's post "I bet fatclemenza reposts this" and sure enough he was the first one

There is a formula to posters like this:

-If the content of said topic criticizes certain tactics the reply is "stay mad", "get good", or "butthurt"

-If the content of said topic makes a complaint the reply is "you're bad" , or ">post user's elite stats and ridicule them"

-if the content of said topic states an opinion the reply is "MSMC > all"

NOTES:
-Every topic can relate to K/D and W/L
-The CoD community is inherently inferior and teammates are always bad
-Elite is the bible
-Game is terrible but the will nonetheless overcome its flaws and be godly

Soul on display made several very good points relating to the topic and rather than attempt to debate his points you ignored the post because you have nothing.

Jump shotting has its advantages. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that a target that has a change in elevation from where you'd usually be looking and is also moving faster would be a harder opponent to kill.

It's the same reason people dropshot. Same reason some people will crouch when going around corners. You expect people to be right there at eye level, not on the ground or flying through the air and it forces you to make an aim adjustment you otherwise wouldn't need to make which can make you miss if you don't react fast enough.

I post stuff like that when I don't feel like the topic deserves a well thought out response. Usually when I get the feeling the creator of the topic isn't particularly bright or is just trolling.

Tl;dr: it works, stay mad.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#37Eat ManPosted 3/14/2013 6:46:36 PM
if done properly on a stair case or corner it can cause enough hesitation to give you a fatal advantage.

if it didn't work on you you wouldn't complain about it.
---
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
#38JVel91Posted 3/14/2013 6:53:01 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
I post stuff like that when I don't feel like the topic deserves a well thought out response. Usually when I get the feeling the creator of the topic isn't particularly bright or is just trolling.

Tl;dr: it works, stay mad.

BINGO

BINGO

BINGO
---
NerdFAQs.
#39Cornbread4lifePosted 3/14/2013 7:02:48 PM
Jumpshotting around corners almost always works for me, unless the guy already happened to be shooting. If it didn't work, I wouldn't do it.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time. You've been warned.
#40fatclemenzaPosted 3/14/2013 7:17:19 PM
Jumpshotting around corners almost always works for me, unless the guy already happened to be shooting. If it didn't work, I wouldn't do it.

No, it doesn't work. TC said so.
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.