Did they change footsteps in one of the recent patches?

#1supercoolisaacPosted 3/15/2013 6:04:42 AM
I've actually managed to soundwhore a number of people recently. I usually don't even play with game volume on and when I do it's pretty low because ill have music playing through my headset. And I don't mean just hearing players yell out "reloading" or whatever, I mean actually hearing them running or climbing near me.

For the record I haven't used awareness ever I think lol, and I only use dead silence in SnD. Maybe it's all in my head though, that's definitely possible.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#2nath999Posted 3/15/2013 6:08:44 AM
They definitely changed something, I've been hearing footsteps for a while now although it's still a bit inconsistent.
---
PSN / GT: Deathstroke XII
SSBB:2578-2790-7862
#3SevenDayCandlePosted 3/15/2013 6:14:29 AM
Yea, I think quite a few things have been changed that they didn't mention. Maybe that's part of the 'other gameplay balancing' stuff they do in each patch. I don't have a headset and play with my volume on pretty low (new kitten gets scared with loud noises) yet I can clearly hear people in a room next to me.
#4LerthyrPosted 3/15/2013 7:26:06 AM
I play a lot of SnD (as you're aware of) and have noticed this too. They must have upped feet steps as well as the ruffling of pants volume levels or something.
---
GT: Lerthyr
"Lerth, watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful." -supercoolisaac
#5supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:32:22 AM
Sacred_Asylum posted...
I play a lot of SnD (as you're aware of) and have noticed this too. They must have upped feet steps as well as the ruffling of pants volume levels or something.

Lol
---
#6TyrantKnightPosted 3/15/2013 7:44:10 AM
They did. They increased footstep volume ever so slightly.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#7trakrunr4evrPosted 3/15/2013 8:46:21 AM
I've noticed this as well. Also, if you put the preset to "supercrunch", turn the SFX volume all the way up, but the master volume down to about 80%, you can hear people even better.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#8RandomTrampPosted 3/15/2013 8:53:31 AM
Yes, I have taken advantage of this a couple of times today and I don't use awareness. Also, I'm pretty sure I've been heard running and died a couple of times as a result, after watching killcams. I actually checked the patch notes again and thought I must be going mad, but maybe they upped the footstep volume on the sly.
#9dioxxysPosted 3/15/2013 8:54:27 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...
I've noticed this as well. Also, if you put the preset to "supercrunch", turn the SFX volume all the way up, but the master volume down to about 80%, you can hear people even better.

interesting
#10supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:27:17 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...

Pretty much what I have mine set at.
---