Spawn Camping: is wrong, fair, cheating, or honorable tactic?

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 3/15/2013 12:18:28 PM
My opinion is if you're trying to control spawns then you are already not playing the game as intended and taking advantage and exploiting a flaw in the game. Cutting the map in half for the other team, or keeping them trapped in a corner and killing them over and over is not a skill or a tactic and the fact that your "team" is good at doing just that till the game is over most likely means you got raped constantly on MW3 where spawns were random, where your whole team couldn't just post up and cut a whole team off from playing the objective.

Handicapping a team because they don't know how to, or choose not to learn how to exploit the game, isn't honorable or skillful in any way. Thats the same as the millions who wanted noob tubes in past COD's nerfed because they were OP and took no skill to use and i wont' even bring up MW3s Type-95.

If you're PRO spawn camping say why, and if your AGAINST say why.
#2FeelMyBladePosted 3/15/2013 12:21:16 PM
It's fair.

Map control is part of the game, and it is rewarded by teamwork.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best CoD yet! Love it!
#3Shaun3DPosted 3/15/2013 12:22:20 PM
Spawn camp if possible. When it comes to honor... screw it
---
Must.......fill......space.......
#4Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 12:24:22 PM
Would you be fine if they took COD back to MW3 style with random spawns everywhere?
#5destructoclausPosted 3/15/2013 12:24:50 PM
Wrong? Fair? Cheating? Honorable?

Irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant.

How someone feels about spawn-trapping in this game means jack ****. The fact is, it is a legitimate tactic because it exists within the game. No one should feel bad for exploiting it, because it's available for everyone. Obviously no team is going to let up on enemies that allow themselves to be spawn trapped.

Should it be so easy to do? No, but that's not our problem. Treyarch are the ones that designed the terrible system. Seriously, why are there only certain areas where people can show up? Every singe spot on the map should be available to spawn on.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#6JonnywestsidePosted 3/15/2013 12:25:31 PM
6 man party with tac inserts copying a technique they saw on Youtube to spawntrap a bunch of bad randoms. Seems legit.
#7matrix0523Posted 3/15/2013 12:27:50 PM
If you allow yourself to get spawn trapped you deserve it.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#8AaronHutchPosted 3/15/2013 12:28:26 PM
its griefing, which is wrong
---
W@W was awesome for gun diversity. You saw the MP40, the MP40, and the MP40. - Gritzblitz56
#9fatclemenzaPosted 3/15/2013 12:31:07 PM
Spawn camping is shooting people when they appear giving them no opportunity to fight back. BO1 Jungle and Havana Demolition had instances of this.

Spawn trapping is keeping the other team on their third of the map. It can be broken out of if the trapped team actually uses brainpower to try and escape (smoke grenades, overload one side of the map, etc)
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#10SupremeArticlePosted 3/15/2013 12:38:18 PM
if you like shooting fish in a barrel
---
i love my girl cedes aka hoohahxchz
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hgblp0.jpg