Will multiplayer games kill the single player experience?

#1GreenRoninPosted 3/15/2013 2:56:58 PM
Had the game for a few months. About to 3d prestige. Never touched the campaign. I decided to try the campaign & while is is very impressive cinematicly the firefight encounters are booooring. I beat the halo 4 campaign only because my buddies were playing it. I have no desire to play that anymore either. Do you think there will come a point when they will not even bother with the single player experiance?
#2GRTooCoolPosted 3/15/2013 3:12:00 PM
Actually I think I agree with you here.

My first CoD was World At War. I did the campaign to get a "feel of the game" before trying online. And well, obviously... even when I did play online I got ripped apart.

Then in MW2, while I did play the campaign, I didn't really care for it and the mulitplayer was way fun. Fast forward past Black Ops 1, MW3, and now Black Ops 2.. I haven't even touched the campaign mode.

It would be nice if they could make the game cheaper (yeah, I know.. fat chance) if they sold copies without the campaign version and only had multiplayer in it.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#3JonnywestsidePosted 3/15/2013 3:14:38 PM
No way. Campaign is surplus to multiplayer in games like CoD but there will always be great SP games released.
#4SwagLiciousDudePosted 3/15/2013 3:18:22 PM
I don't even touch on the main story..... Straight to multiplayer and zombies
---
i'm a snowman made of fire...... Sue me
#5GreenRonin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:21:20 PM
I agree there will be great single player games. But for the ones that rely on the multiplayer experiance I don't know that a campaign is needed.
#6duericPosted 3/15/2013 3:24:00 PM
If they want to lose roughly half their sales they'll sell a multiplayer only version.

Yeah, the 200 or so people who discuss the game here don't make up the entire community.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7GreenRonin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:28:58 PM
Disagree, a $30 multiplayer only version would sell through the roof.
#8duericPosted 3/15/2013 3:29:59 PM
GreenRonin posted...

But why sell for $30 when they can sell for $60?

Economics is not just another word on Fox News.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9JonnywestsidePosted 3/15/2013 3:30:36 PM
GreenRonin posted...

Would sell about the same at half the profit.
#10GreenRonin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:35:22 PM
They could sell cheaper because production costs woluld be less. Not that this would ever happen. Anyway a cheaper game wasn't my initial question. Maybe they could double the number of maps.