Will multiplayer games kill the single player experience?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Will multiplayer games kill the single player experience?
3 years ago#1
Had the game for a few months. About to 3d prestige. Never touched the campaign. I decided to try the campaign & while is is very impressive cinematicly the firefight encounters are booooring. I beat the halo 4 campaign only because my buddies were playing it. I have no desire to play that anymore either. Do you think there will come a point when they will not even bother with the single player experiance?
3 years ago#2
Actually I think I agree with you here.

My first CoD was World At War. I did the campaign to get a "feel of the game" before trying online. And well, obviously... even when I did play online I got ripped apart.

Then in MW2, while I did play the campaign, I didn't really care for it and the mulitplayer was way fun. Fast forward past Black Ops 1, MW3, and now Black Ops 2.. I haven't even touched the campaign mode.

It would be nice if they could make the game cheaper (yeah, I know.. fat chance) if they sold copies without the campaign version and only had multiplayer in it.
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
3 years ago#3
No way. Campaign is surplus to multiplayer in games like CoD but there will always be great SP games released.
3 years ago#4
I don't even touch on the main story..... Straight to multiplayer and zombies
i'm a snowman made of fire...... Sue me
3 years ago#5
I agree there will be great single player games. But for the ones that rely on the multiplayer experiance I don't know that a campaign is needed.
3 years ago#6
If they want to lose roughly half their sales they'll sell a multiplayer only version.

Yeah, the 200 or so people who discuss the game here don't make up the entire community.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
3 years ago#7
Disagree, a $30 multiplayer only version would sell through the roof.
3 years ago#8
GreenRonin posted...

But why sell for $30 when they can sell for $60?

Economics is not just another word on Fox News.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
3 years ago#9
GreenRonin posted...

Would sell about the same at half the profit.
3 years ago#10
They could sell cheaper because production costs woluld be less. Not that this would ever happen. Anyway a cheaper game wasn't my initial question. Maybe they could double the number of maps.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Will multiplayer games kill the single player experience?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived