Why couldn't Treyarch nerf the MP40 like they do the PDW/MSMC?

#1AaronHutchPosted 3/16/2013 10:32:13 AM
hipfire nerf
silencer range nerf
huge recoil increase and another hipfire nerf

and these guns werent THAT great to begin with. yes they were the most practical but only because 75% of the maps in the base game are tiny
---
W@W was awesome for gun diversity. You saw the MP40, the MP40, and the MP40. - Gritzblitz56
#2NyangasmPosted 3/16/2013 10:35:59 AM
I really, REALLY, REALLY don't understand how the MP40 didn't get nerfed in WaW. I've read that it was for PC, but not consoles (which is, you know, stupid as hell).
---
XG21G2D4
Can't make an omelette without killing some unborn baby chickens, you murderer.
#3CalvinCandiePosted 3/16/2013 10:36:03 AM
They gave it more recoil and I think a wider hipspread. Other than that, the gun wasn't THAT great, especially for the map sizes. People just used it because of it's clip size. I still destroyed lobbies with LMGs, and Bolt actions.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#4tokyowatcherPosted 3/16/2013 11:03:18 AM
IMHO they shouldn't be nerfing ANYTHING at all. I paid $60 for an online experience, to have that experience change after the purchase is something the real world calls "bait and switch" and it is NOT tolerated at all. They aren't world of warcraft, there is no need to "balance" and "re-balance" random guns people online complain about all the time. They are wrong for doing this, pure and simple.
---
GT - FluffyTranceFox
Official Gaymer and Furry!
#5LuIzalotPosted 3/16/2013 11:11:43 AM
tokyowatcher posted...
IMHO they shouldn't be nerfing ANYTHING at all. I paid $60 for an online experience, to have that experience change after the purchase is something the real world calls "bait and switch" and it is NOT tolerated at all. They aren't world of warcraft, there is no need to "balance" and "re-balance" random guns people online complain about all the time. They are wrong for doing this, pure and simple.

Shut up
#6blackweasel30Posted 3/16/2013 11:14:56 AM
WaW came out in a time where twitter wasn't around so they had a harder time reaching the whiners.

Plus I kind of liked the gameplay style of WaW. Everything is too even in this.
---
Created by vT_Paroxysm AKA Wivode: http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztaxag.png
Come visit my board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/566160-
#7I_End_ZombiesPosted 3/16/2013 11:24:34 AM
LuIzalot posted...
tokyowatcher posted...

Shut up

I agree, wrap up son!
#8CammyApplePosted 3/16/2013 11:35:38 AM
tokyowatcher posted...

"Your online experience may vary"

And as such is why it's unrated. Move along little boy.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#9number1stunPosted 3/16/2013 11:37:24 AM
LuIzalot

...you shut up.
Lol, you probably werent even playing cod when WAW was out...or youd feel differently about guns being nerfed. The fact is...when WAW was out, there wasnt a million whiny brats playing the game who had to complain about everything and get their way. Back then Treyarch didnt cater to the whiny little boys and girls...that meant maps were better, spawns were better, guns were better, and with the exception of some lag..the gameplay was better. So you sir..shut up.
#10Majora1988Posted 3/16/2013 11:40:44 AM
number1stun posted...
LuIzalot

...you shut up.
Lol, you probably werent even playing cod when WAW was out...or youd feel differently about guns being nerfed. The fact is...when WAW was out, there wasnt a million whiny brats playing the game who had to complain about everything and get their way. Back then Treyarch didnt cater to the whiny little boys and girls...that meant maps were better, spawns were better, guns were better, and with the exception of some lag..the gameplay was better. So you sir..shut up.

MP40 scrub detected.
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]