Only person on a 4 bar connection, only person speaking English... Connection Q.

#1SevenDayCandlePosted 3/16/2013 8:47:41 PM
Getting lit up left and right, feels like I'm more than a full second behind everyone else.

I back out of the lobby, host migration.

My internet is PLENTY strong. Here's my speedtest from a few days ago when I had the ethernet cable connected to my laptop. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2571996762.png . My system is hooked up through an ethernet cable and the speedtest for it shows about 72 down and 37 up (doesn't show ping times).

Easter Seaboard is lit up like a Christmas Tree, I get connected with players from Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, and the Domincan Republic. Whole lobby was Spanish and French....

What's causing them to be on a 3bar and for me to lag so horribly? Is it their connections or is it mine? Or is it a combo of both (like their connection is so crappy and varying, that connected to mine it's just wrecking my connection)?
#2retroman20Posted 3/16/2013 9:14:43 PM
if you get host mi after quit...its because you were the host...if you host in this game you do get the short end of the stick....which is why Activision needs to stop being cheap ishts and spend the money dedicated servers.
---
One of the Four Horsemen of BRAP
#3T_r_a_m_PPosted 3/16/2013 9:15:37 PM
SevenDayCandle posted...
Getting lit up left and right, feels like I'm more than a full second behind everyone else.

My internet is PLENTY strong. Here's my speedtest from a few days ago when I had the ethernet cable connected to my laptop. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2571996762.png . My system is hooked up through an ethernet cable and the speedtest for it shows about 72 down and 37 up (doesn't show ping times).

Easter Seaboard is lit up like a Christmas Tree, I get connected with players from Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, and the Domincan Republic. Whole lobby was Spanish and French....

What's causing them to be on a 3bar and for me to lag so horribly? Is it their connections or is it mine? Or is it a combo of both (like their connection is so crappy and varying, that connected to mine it's just wrecking my connection)?

You do know that your net is only beneficial to non localised servers, 70 down will suffer from lag comp, less than 3 will suffer from lag, a happy medium is the best for cod. I have 6.5 down 0.7 up and my lag is minimal. Yes I do experience some lag but from what im told gamefaqs expieriences it is very small so I dont think you want to much, maybe 10 down 2 up would be a great medium, I think its worth a try
---
Gamertag: EtherealEgo
Veni, Vidi, Vici
#4LoshadtPosted 3/16/2013 9:19:56 PM
The console version feels literally unplayable to me sometimes. I play split-screen Co-op with my sister from time to time rather than my own file on PC and I am dumbfounded as to how she can stand the lag.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#5SevenDayCandle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:21:24 PM
T_r_a_m_P posted...
SevenDayCandle posted...

You do know that your net is only beneficial to non localised servers, 70 down will suffer from lag comp, less than 3 will suffer from lag, a happy medium is the best for cod. I have 6.5 down 0.7 up and my lag is minimal. Yes I do experience some lag but from what im told gamefaqs expieriences it is very small so I dont think you want to much, maybe 10 down 2 up would be a great medium, I think its worth a try

It's fine on occasion. It's just randomly as hell even searching for the 'best' lobbies I'll get thrown into hosting something as disastrous as that...

Host can be hit or miss. One of the MAJOR things that screws me over when I'm hosting is people being in parties. You'll have a guy from NY, a guy from Wisconsin, one from Cali, and 2 from Florida in a party, connecting to me as host. That just doesn't work out well for me at all...

Since I upgraded from Comcast 20/10 (crap) to FiOS 75/35 (amazing) I've been put in many more games where it feels 'right'. I'm even saving $80+ a month! More channels, faster internet, no data caps, no throttling, better phone service as well... F*** YOU COMCAST!
#6T_r_a_m_PPosted 3/16/2013 9:21:55 PM
Loshadt posted...
The console version feels literally unplayable to me sometimes. I play split-screen Co-op with my sister from time to time rather than my own file on PC and I am dumbfounded as to how she can stand the lag.

Are you primarily playing on PC then ??
---
Veni, Vidi, Vici
#7SevenDayCandle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:21:57 PM
Loshadt posted...

Does PC have dedicated servers?
#8LoshadtPosted 3/16/2013 9:23:41 PM

Yes

From: SevenDayCandle | Posted: 3/17/2013 1:21:57 AM | #007
Does PC have dedicated servers?

Correct, but they're only for matchmaking as there is no server browser. I feel like it was a stupid move but it's better than no servers at all. It's great because every time I see a BR with 300 ping I thank god he isn't hosting.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#9T_r_a_m_PPosted 3/16/2013 9:23:58 PM
T_r_a_m_P posted...
Loshadt posted...

What is your ISP and Ping?
---
Veni, Vidi, Vici
#10LoshadtPosted 3/16/2013 9:25:39 PM
What is your ISP and Ping?

Comcast, I usually average between 55 and 65 ping on the servers. On Speedtest I have 10 ping with 3500 kB/s down and 560 kB/s up.
---
I <3 Jesus.