Best Call of Duty of All Time?

#81CStickPosted 3/20/2013 1:14:04 AM
arena11 posted...
CStick posted...
arena11 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
CoD 4

They need to go back to the basics where gun skills were everything.

Frags x3, remember that?

yeah, the anti-camp perk.

it was awesome. It meant you had to actually MOOOVE and rely on gun skills and map knowledge so you knew when to not run ahhead and into a grenade field. It aso kept the game fast-paced, which is something I really miss from COD. Even though BLOPS2 and MW3 picked it up a bit, I hated how many games would let the time run out in MW2 or BLOPS1. And in a lot of cases, MW3 as well. BLOPS2 isn't as bad.

Blame the removal of stopping power for the slower pace of the game. MW2 got the perk balance right.

no, the perks don't matter all too much.

What really made a difference are the larger, more complex stages, with more corners, barrels, shrubs, large walls, etc. to cut off line of fire. There is no real flow to the maps anymore; it's all a big maze. there is the path all the way around the map, then like nine mini-paths that lead to one place everyone MIGHT end up at, but in reality they just go to a window, on top of something, and shoot down at you.

Every stage is like Chinatown nowadays.

Look at stages like District, Crash, etc. from MW1, and some of the MW2 maps like Skyscraper, Scrapyard, etc. or even MW3's Dome. Then look at the crap BLOPS, WAW, and the rest of MW3. Huge difference in how the stages promote firefights - or promote camping.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls
#82arena11Posted 3/20/2013 1:24:31 AM
CStick posted...
arena11 posted...
CStick posted...
arena11 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
CoD 4

They need to go back to the basics where gun skills were everything.

Frags x3, remember that?

yeah, the anti-camp perk.

it was awesome. It meant you had to actually MOOOVE and rely on gun skills and map knowledge so you knew when to not run ahhead and into a grenade field. It aso kept the game fast-paced, which is something I really miss from COD. Even though BLOPS2 and MW3 picked it up a bit, I hated how many games would let the time run out in MW2 or BLOPS1. And in a lot of cases, MW3 as well. BLOPS2 isn't as bad.

Blame the removal of stopping power for the slower pace of the game. MW2 got the perk balance right.

no, the perks don't matter all too much.

What really made a difference are the larger, more complex stages, with more corners, barrels, shrubs, large walls, etc. to cut off line of fire. There is no real flow to the maps anymore; it's all a big maze. there is the path all the way around the map, then like nine mini-paths that lead to one place everyone MIGHT end up at, but in reality they just go to a window, on top of something, and shoot down at you.

Every stage is like Chinatown nowadays.

Look at stages like District, Crash, etc. from MW1, and some of the MW2 maps like Skyscraper, Scrapyard, etc. or even MW3's Dome. Then look at the crap BLOPS, WAW, and the rest of MW3. Huge difference in how the stages promote firefights - or promote camping.

A lot of those maps mentioned are 3 path maps, especially Highrise. Those aren't necessarily good, see the grand majority of BO2 maps. District is fantastic map that promoted all styles of gameplay. I can see where you're coming from and I do agree that map design does factor in to how players will approach the maps. The perks also play a huge role, leaving the stealth perk reign supreme will only increase the amount of corner campers since the UAV can't pick them up.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#83TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 3/20/2013 8:01:02 AM
CalvinCandie posted...
The first CoD with create a class, perks, and killstreaks didn't innovate?

They already had classes in games before. Now you got to create your own. Like this was some strike of genius to suggest? Do you not know what innovation means? Those aren't new ideas. Just implementations of community suggestions after playing previous games (i.e. people wanting rewards for going on streaks). Upgrades. MW2 brought the radical changes and innovation.

Go read the definition of innovation, then address me again. Apparently you're the one who doesn't know what innovation means. Thank you.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#84CalvinCandiePosted 3/20/2013 10:20:28 AM
Definition of INNOVATION
the introduction of something new
a new idea, method, or device

Classes were not new. And just because killstreaks and perks were introduced, does not meant they were new ideas. Everyone was already suggesting them. The built in classes from previous games already had "advantages" to each. Obviously, if they are going to give people the option to make their own classes, the perks of the original classes had to be broken up and spread around for any type of class. That's not innovation. You're giving the game and developers credit for something that was common sense and anyone would have done.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#85Shura_SurplicePosted 3/20/2013 11:14:29 AM
BrownPack posted...
RedRaven80 posted...
I'll probably get bashed for this, but a few months ago I thought BO2 was the best one. I thought it was a very balanced game, but with all the lag I've been getting it has to be MW1 or MW2.

This. I personally would say that BO2 is the best one too if only it wasn't filled to the brim with lag compensation.

Since BO1 and MW3 and Waw are all affected severely by lag, only MW1 and MW2 are hte only true contenders of the best.

LMAO aside from LC:

Flinch
Worst perks of all CoDs
No footsteps
Quickscoping
Terrible maps

And people have already told you a million times why MW2 is noob friendly, I won't waste my time doing that again.
#86GnaTAcEPosted 3/20/2013 11:19:31 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
BrownPack posted...
RedRaven80 posted...
I'll probably get bashed for this, but a few months ago I thought BO2 was the best one. I thought it was a very balanced game, but with all the lag I've been getting it has to be MW1 or MW2.

This. I personally would say that BO2 is the best one too if only it wasn't filled to the brim with lag compensation.

Since BO1 and MW3 and Waw are all affected severely by lag, only MW1 and MW2 are hte only true contenders of the best.

LMAO aside from LC:

Flinch
Worst perks of all CoDs
No footsteps
Quickscoping
Terrible maps

And people have already told you a million times why MW2 is noob friendly, I won't waste my time doing that again.

People only like MW2 cause they love their KS abuse. Same with MW3.
---
GT: GnaTAcE (Formerly AceWildfire :P)
Blazblue - (Main: Taokaka) (Sub: Iron Tager)
#87CStickPosted 3/20/2013 1:31:45 PM
my favorite KS line was UAV/CP/Pred on hardline

in MW3, I just put on UAV only so I could find people to shoot.

I really hated the addition of high-level KS's. They need to break them into tiers so people can't just aim for the first medium-kill KS that leads them to the next highest, then to the nuke.

break it down to something like: you MUST pick a low-level KS, a medium KS, and then a high KS, and bring back the "use it or lose it" system.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls
#88BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 2:06:17 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
CalvinCandie posted...
The first CoD with create a class, perks, and killstreaks didn't innovate?

They already had classes in games before. Now you got to create your own. Like this was some strike of genius to suggest? Do you not know what innovation means? Those aren't new ideas. Just implementations of community suggestions after playing previous games (i.e. people wanting rewards for going on streaks). Upgrades. MW2 brought the radical changes and innovation.

Go read the definition of innovation, then address me again. Apparently you're the one who doesn't know what innovation means. Thank you.

Um... MW2 innovated quite a bit. MW2 introduced interactive killstreaks, they introduced newer perks that ushered in new playstyles as well. MW2 to this day still is the game with the most viable strategies in CoD. Every CoD after that, everyone just uses the same tactics, and the same weapons.
#89BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 2:18:24 PM
GnaTAcE posted...
People only like MW2 cause they love their KS abuse. Same with MW3.

Nah. More like people like games where there's some real variety.

Unlike BO where most people use the famas, dual mags
Unlike MW3 where most people use the ACR or MP7
Unlike BO2 where most people use the MSMC

MW2 also has the best netcoding in the entire series. That alone is one of the reasons many people stick with MW2. Just because you were terrible at destroying killstreaks doesn't mean people abused them.

Shura_Surplice posted...
\LMAO aside from LC:

Flinch
Worst perks of all CoDs
No footsteps
Quickscoping
Terrible maps

Lol, doesn't every CoD have flinch?

Worst perks? How? Mind explaining that? Otherwise you're simply a bandwagon hater.
No footsteps? Try the opposite. Without ninja, the footsteps are the loudest in the entire series. Even with Ninja, Sitrep cancels it just nicely.

Quickscoping. Sigh. Anyone who complains about quickscoping is a bad player. Hands down, no questions asked. If Quickscoping is something of your priority to complain about, you seriously need to question your gaming skill and abilities.

Terrible maps. LOL. Too bad MW2 has more memorable maps than any game second to Cod4. Nice try.

The only reason you're wasting your time is because you don't know what the hell you're saying. As I've said before, MW2 haters are usually idiots or are the biggest complainers because they complain without any good reasoning, just like you are doing right now.
#90Stormy2021Posted 3/20/2013 2:22:14 PM
Best all time imo - COD4

The one I had the most fun playing ever - MW2.