Hardline > Flak Jacket > Ghost > Lightweight > Blind Eye

#1gunho7Posted 3/17/2013 4:31:28 PM
Hardline is the best first tier perk. It is slightly better than Flak Jacket because in in BO2 nothing is more important than your teams momentum. This perk makes you chain killstreaks like it's easy mode. If you are running the high streaks (VSAT + 2 other high streaks) the momentum you keep from having hardline on allows you to devastate the enemy team. Once you get your streaks once it's game over, it's VSAT city, it's host migration time cause the other team is friggin gone.

Flak Jacket is the second best first tier perk. Arguably the best when facing a competent team, but how often does that happen? Flak Jacket ultimately nullifies the biggest crutch in the game - C4. All other lethals are not a problem even with out Flak Jacket, betties, nades, semtex are all avoidable and no one runs claymores or tomahawk. With Flak you can play the objective way easier and kill bad players whose first reaction is look up, jump, RB, XX (that's throw c4 and detonate for all the noobies out there)

Ghost is the third best first tier perk. This is for people who prefer a relaxing game play, they do not like head on engagements and have to maneuver around the map so they can flank enemies all the time. They do not like being swarmed by enemies non stop and hate frantic engagements, they always want to be in control. Although some people find this game strongly difficult without ghost I highly recommend taking it off, half the baddies in this game don't even know what the radar is and good players know your whereabouts as soon as you kill an enemy.

Lightweight is the 4th best tier one perk. This perk makes you more mobile, it is good for flanking enemies and rushing objectives. This perk is easy beaten out by Hardline, FJ and Ghost. It is simply not worth using unless you play search and combo it with ex con and are going for rush routes, or are playing hard point and want to whore capture points.

Blind Eye is the worst first tier perk. I honestly don't even know what this perk does, I have never used it. I think it makes you invisible to enemy killstreaks and let's get real, you are a baddie if you have this one more than 1 of your classes. The only place in the game for this perk is on your custom class 10 where you take down enemy streaks.

Thoughts?
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#2Planeteer01Posted 3/17/2013 4:33:24 PM
9/10

of your topics are about C4.
#3BaseballtitanPosted 3/17/2013 4:34:27 PM
I would say Hardline and Flak are tied at the top with lightweight following third. The no fall damage is really nice at times.

Blind Eye's only purpose seems to be avoiding hunter killers.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#4gunho7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:36:24 PM
Planeteer01 posted...
9/10

of your topics are about C4.

This one isn't about c4, I just threw in some cheap shots.
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#5WOT BSPosted 3/17/2013 4:40:38 PM
gunho7 posted...
Hardline is the best first tier perk. It is slightly better than Flak Jacket because in in BO2 nothing is more important than your teams momentum. This perk makes you chain killstreaks like it's easy mode. If you are running the high streaks (VSAT + 2 other high streaks) the momentum you keep from having hardline on allows you to devastate the enemy team. Once you get your streaks once it's game over, it's VSAT city, it's host migration time cause the other team is friggin gone.

Flak Jacket is the second best first tier perk. Arguably the best when facing a competent team, but how often does that happen? Flak Jacket ultimately nullifies the biggest crutch in the game - C4. All other lethals are not a problem even with out Flak Jacket, betties, nades, semtex are all avoidable and no one runs claymores or tomahawk. With Flak you can play the objective way easier and kill bad players whose first reaction is look up, jump, RB, XX (that's throw c4 and detonate for all the noobies out there)

Ghost is the third best first tier perk. This is for people who prefer a relaxing game play, they do not like head on engagements and have to maneuver around the map so they can flank enemies all the time. They do not like being swarmed by enemies non stop and hate frantic engagements, they always want to be in control. Although some people find this game strongly difficult without ghost I highly recommend taking it off, half the baddies in this game don't even know what the radar is and good players know your whereabouts as soon as you kill an enemy.

Lightweight is the 4th best tier one perk. This perk makes you more mobile, it is good for flanking enemies and rushing objectives. This perk is easy beaten out by Hardline, FJ and Ghost. It is simply not worth using unless you play search and combo it with ex con and are going for rush routes, or are playing hard point and want to whore capture points.

Blind Eye is the worst first tier perk. I honestly don't even know what this perk does, I have never used it. I think it makes you invisible to enemy killstreaks and let's get real, you are a baddie if you have this one more than 1 of your classes. The only place in the game for this perk is on your custom class 10 where you take down enemy streaks.

Thoughts?

decent analysis, i'd tie hardline and flak jacket as 1 and ghost and lightweight next. getting the jump on rushing routes is an easy way to start the game with a few kills

if you're aware and a forward thinking search player starting a round where the enemy who detonated the bomb with blind eye is smart, same if youre a teamplayer that doesn't immediately rage quit when high end killstreaks are up its good too .
---
GT: Extract Hz
#6JonnywestsidePosted 3/17/2013 5:04:14 PM
Although your reasoning is solid, still Flak>Hardline for me. I run them both alot but if I had to choose it would FJ every time. I mostly play domination though.
#7DKryptonPosted 3/17/2013 5:13:34 PM
Can't really disagree with any of your points, so i suppose I'll have to agree with you.
---
GT: DiceyKrypton
#8Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/17/2013 5:17:15 PM
I never really use Flak Jacket.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#9blackweasel30Posted 3/17/2013 5:19:16 PM
Switch Flak and Hardline and I'd agree.

Flak is essential when playing the objective in modes like Dom and Demo. You won't be getting those high streaks if you're being blown up every 30 seconds.
---
Created by vT_Paroxysm AKA Wivode: http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztaxag.png
Come visit my board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/566160-
#10LerthyrPosted 3/17/2013 6:19:30 PM
tl;dr
---
GT: Lerthyr
"Lerth, watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful." -supercoolisaac