Why I believe in Lag comp

#1MasterSplinterWPosted 3/17/2013 4:38:54 PM
I've seen these conversations for a while and not commented cause I've been unsure.

However, finally, I've started using a gun consistently, the Peecekeeper (sp?). I can't really explain why sometimes I stomp in a free for all game going like 30 and 8 or something, killing everyone in like 3 to 4 shots, and then the next game I'm having to dump half clips to kill people, on a consistent basis, for that game. (And yes, I'm only comparing people who I'm pretty sure haven't taken damage yet, duhhhhh)

Now sure, we can blame this on other things. Like maybe my aim just got off, cause I'm drinking, or my hands are really cold (I'm too poor to buy a furnace or space heater btw), but I doubt this to be the case.

(BTW I have the fastest Comcast I can get in my area, ran that speed test on speedtest.net and got like a B+, don't remember the exact stats though)
---
Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. -Master Li------GT: DirkaDurkaJihad
#2BaseballtitanPosted 3/17/2013 4:40:24 PM(edited)
Lag =/= lag comp. A bad host will cause the lousy hit detection. I don't get why this is so difficult for people to understand.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#3MasterSplinterW(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:41:22 PM
Baseballtitan posted...
Lag =/= lag comp. A bad host will cause the lousy hit detection. I don't get why this is so difficult for people to understand.

Yeah I've not done research, and not really looked into it. I'm very casual, sorry if I've offended you.
---
Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. -Master Li------GT: DirkaDurkaJihad
#4Silver17Posted 3/17/2013 4:55:30 PM
Baseballtitan posted...

After reading OP's last part, yeah he could get LC from time to time, but IMHO LC is the most overrated crutch excuse in the history of COD.

I've seen people in lobbies crying about LC only to find out later that they only have basic DSL.

I've seen people complain about LC, yet they are stupid enough to party up with people all over the place. (and I'm sure their connections vary greatly too)

IDK I'm just sick and tired of people that make a YT video about LC, and then randoms start crying about LC. Like you said, lag=/=LC but idiots hear a "new magic term" and yup it's the "game's fault" every time they die... <_<
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#5CalvinCandiePosted 3/17/2013 4:58:03 PM
Lag compensation does not exist. Lag exists. The game choosing a terrible host exists. Some jerk with a crappy connection joining the game and ruining your ping exists.

I used to think lag compensation existed because I was terrible as host and would quit out and rejoin the match and stomp again, but I found out that is due to have a crappy router that has buffer bloat and cannot handle being host, while other people love being the host. I used to pay extra for internet connection, but it's pointless when it keeps making me host and my router cant handle it. Now I just have to constantly download/stream to avoid being the host & keep my fingers crossed the host is good.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#6MasterSplinterW(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:59:15 PM
okay okay, but just so you know, I'm not playing any blame game, I rarely rage, and I jsut ahve fun playing the game. This is just something I have noticed since I started using a gun consistentyl, and I have good net and am always four bars. So yeah maybe I go the topic wrong and I don't know what "LC" really means, but my honest observations still stands.
---
#7MasterSplinterW(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:00:36 PM
CalvinCandie posted...
Lag compensation does not exist. Lag exists. The game choosing a terrible host exists. Some jerk with a crappy connection joining the game and ruining your ping exists.

I used to think lag compensation existed because I was terrible as host and would quit out and rejoin the match and stomp again, but I found out that is due to have a crappy router that has buffer bloat and cannot handle being host, while other people love being the host. I used to pay extra for internet connection, but it's pointless when it keeps making me host and my router cant handle it. Now I just have to constantly download/stream to avoid being the host & keep my fingers crossed the host is good.

okay, this makes some sense to me
---
#8Silver17Posted 3/17/2013 5:09:13 PM
CalvinCandie posted...

^ That's a thread winner right there.

I mean yes old IW did have better netcoding, but sadly more and more *****es quit with every COD. Personally I blame YT for that, but that's a whole other conversation.

"Most" of the time the match starts fine, and then somebody quits, others join in and connections get more jacked up as the match goes on. IMO that's why in many of cases you can have a good match one game and a bad match the same map.

Sure there's the exception, of crappy manual parties, but IMO it's a combination of the two why Trey will never be able to "fix that". I blame the scrubs in the community more than I blame Treyarch...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#9SevenDayCandlePosted 3/17/2013 5:12:50 PM
I'm running FiOS

Averaging 84 down and 39 up. With ping under 100 to Cali when I live in NJ.

I get lag, I get lag comp. They both exist.
#10MasterSplinterW(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:35:44 PM
SevenDayCandle posted...
I'm running FiOS

Averaging 84 down and 39 up. With ping under 100 to Cali when I live in NJ.

I get lag, I get lag comp. They both exist.

hmmmm, now i don't know who to believe
---