Tips on the Assault Shield

#1webbc99Posted 3/18/2013 6:01:48 AM
I'd like to start using the Assault Shield, but I'm finding it... difficult, to say the least.

Most of the time when you run into someone using it, they're pretty bad and really easy to kill, but occasionally you'll get some absolute master who can block everything and kill entire groups of people.

What short of class should I create? And any general tips of how to kill and avoid dying?

Many thanks.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#2AWarAmp84Posted 3/18/2013 6:30:00 AM
Lag plays a big role on the effectiveness of the assault shield.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#3SevenDayCandlePosted 3/18/2013 6:51:15 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
Lag plays a big role on the effectiveness of the assault shield.
#4Mitchach0Posted 3/18/2013 7:55:06 AM
Assault shielding is all about defending while you figure out the best strategy to deal with your opponent/s. This could involve swapping to your pistol/s, throwing your lethal equipment, bashing them, throwing a concussion or just defending while you wait for an opnening or some help. Knowing what option is best comes with experience and it depends mainly on range and the number of opponents around you. For me, the best shield class is:

Shield (derr)
Dual wield Executioners
Combat Axe (C4 if you have trouble aiming)
Concussion
Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Fast Hands (Perk 2 greed)
Tac Mask

Close the distance in 1 v 1s, or back away from groups and try to lure them into 1 v 1 encounters. Be patient. Once you've snuck that stun in, the ball's in your court.
---
http://www.youtube.com/mitchacho
#5MexiRicanMoFoPosted 3/18/2013 7:58:31 AM
Mitchach0 posted...
Assault shielding is all about defending while you figure out the best strategy to deal with your opponent/s. This could involve swapping to your pistol/s, throwing your lethal equipment, bashing them, throwing a concussion or just defending while you wait for an opnening or some help. Knowing what option is best comes with experience and it depends mainly on range and the number of opponents around you. For me, the best shield class is:

Shield (derr)
Dual wield Executioners
Concussion
Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Tac Mask

Close the distance in 1 v 1s, or back away from groups and try to lure them into 1 v 1 encounters. Be patient. Once you've snuck that stun in, the ball's in your court.

My exact class. This is how you shield.
---
KCCO
#6SevenDayCandlePosted 3/18/2013 7:59:39 AM
MexiRicanMoFo posted...
Mitchach0 posted...

Shield (derr)
Dual wield Executioners
Concussion
Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Tac Mask

Almost mine.

I run

Shield
Dual Executioners

Flak Jacket
Scavenger + Fast Hands
Tactical Mask

Bouncing Betty
TI
#7puzzlefitePosted 3/18/2013 12:22:08 PM(edited)
Could I see a video of some decent gameplay?

Why Dual Wield Executioner and not other pistols?

Also which shield camo you think is most intimidating? haha
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom
#8LuIzalotPosted 3/18/2013 12:23:19 PM
MexiRicanMoFo posted...
Mitchach0 posted...

Shield (derr)
Dual wield Executioners
Concussion
Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Tac Mask

This, although I'd personally swap dual wield executioners for a single one, and spend the point on fast mags or a second concussion.
#9Mitchach0Posted 3/18/2013 1:09:00 PM
puzzlefite posted...
Could I see a video of some decent gameplay?

Why Dual Wield Executioner and not other pistols?

Also which shield camo you think is most intimidating? haha

Check out my channel, link is in my sig. I hope I don't sound too vain self-qualifying my gameplay as "decent". I use dual wield Executioners because your ammo count doubles and fast hands is basically built in.
---
http://www.youtube.com/mitchacho
#10puzzlefitePosted 3/18/2013 2:40:50 PM
Mitchach0 posted...

Check out my channel, link is in my sig. I hope I don't sound too vain self-qualifying my gameplay as "decent". I use dual wield Executioners because your ammo count doubles and fast hands is basically built in.

Cool. Will check it out. Then why would anyone use Extended Mag if Dual Wield is better?
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom