Flak Jacket vs. Ghost

#1dario1101Posted 3/19/2013 6:18:49 AM
Which do you Prefer? - Results (326 votes)
Flak Jacket
59.82% (195 votes)
Ghost
40.18% (131 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally vote for Flak Jacket, When people see you on the radar their first reaction is to throw a grenade. Flak Jacket negates the damage done by grenades.

You can't pick both though. Only one.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-179! :D Started Jan 18. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#2Aether_LyricPosted 3/19/2013 6:37:15 AM
dario1101 posted...
When people see you on the radar their first reaction is to throw a grenade

what?

I always use Ghost, being off the radar is just too important nowadays. I use both if playing Domination.
#3webbc99Posted 3/19/2013 6:39:11 AM
If you're a good team player and shoot down UAVs, Ghost is wasted imo.

Ghost is for people that complain when teammates haven't shot down that UAV yet...
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#4dario1101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:41:22 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
dario1101 posted...

what?

I always use Ghost, being off the radar is just too important nowadays. I use both if playing Domination.

Well, with the people I play with they usually throw some sort of lethal if i'm close to them.
Radar is only important is Hardcore, where Ghost is a must. But other than that it doesn't really help, yes it keeps you off radar but it's not really nessicary.

I usually run both, but i've been running just Flak Jacket recently, and my running and gunning with a pistol hasn't hindered.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-179! :D Started Jan 18. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#5Aether_LyricPosted 3/19/2013 6:54:13 AM
dario1101 posted...
Well, with the people I play with they usually throw some sort of lethal if i'm close to them.
Radar is only important is Hardcore, where Ghost is a must. But other than that it doesn't really help, yes it keeps you off radar but it's not really nessicary.

I usually run both, but i've been running just Flak Jacket recently, and my running and gunning with a pistol hasn't hindered.

If you play aggressively Ghost is pretty necessary, the last thing you need when trying to flank is a guy waiting for you on a headglitch because he knows where you are. The lag problems of the last few CoDs have also turned the game into "who shoots first" rather than who has the better gunskill, so stealth is important
#6webbc99Posted 3/19/2013 6:55:36 AM
dario1101 posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
dario1101 posted...

what?

Don't get this at all - Radar is almost never up in Hardcore, so Ghost is even more worthless (and again, in HC especially, someone should shoot down UAVs).

The only advantage of Ghost is surprising bad people who are looking at the radar and not the screen (because you don't appear on the radar), but in HC especially having a UAV up is such an advantage for the enemy, you'd be a mug not to shoot it down as soon as it appears.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#7KayGirlPosted 3/19/2013 7:08:03 AM
Ghost all the way - UAVs are up all the time, and I can't switch to my launcher class unless I die, and I certainly can't rely on teammates to take them down.

I feel like I don't die enough from explosives to justify Flak Jacket. I carry EMP grenades to take out claymores and betties, which are ALWAYS placed in the same chokepoints, and I can usually get inside when hellstorm missiles and hunter killers are in the air. Occasionally, I'll get hit with a random grenade or RPG, but overall, I feel that if you're a smart player, Flak Jacket isn't necessary.
#8TheMudkipManPosted 3/19/2013 7:11:14 AM
If I can't choose both:

Ghost for TDM/KC
FJ for objectives

Assuming you're playing objective games properly, the enemy should already have a vague enough idea where you are, making FJ shine that much more.
---
GT: N7 Honor
Above post may contain opinions.
#9shadowsofdawnPosted 3/19/2013 7:12:56 AM
All of my classes have ghost, simply because randoms love nothing more than feeding UAVs to the enemy team.

Sometimes I shocked at just how quickly the UAV start dropping after a match starts.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#10RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/19/2013 7:16:04 AM
Ghost

thinking about switching though because flak can save you from HK.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011