Been noticing a LOT more aim assist since the patch.

#1SevenDayCandlePosted 3/19/2013 10:06:32 PM
Anyone else? I mean, I can be up top of any building, and when someone walks underneath I can feel the aim assist start to focus on them. Wasn't like this before the patch...
#2PavlovaOfFearPosted 3/19/2013 10:07:20 PM
almost definitely placebo
---
All 33 gold guns in MW3 + 2500 Desert Eagle kills.
#3NewzzPosted 3/19/2013 10:14:06 PM
I noticed it too since the patch.

It's even more noticeable on the sensitivity I play on, because it kinds of pulls my "cross hairs" in a different direction, letting me know an enemy is close by.

I thought I was the only person.
#4SevenDayCandle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:17:39 PM
Newzz posted...

It's even more noticeable on the sensitivity I play on, because it kinds of pulls my "cross hairs" in a different direction, letting me know an enemy is close by.

Apparently not. I play on 8 sensitivity. It's just odd picking up people through the most random things now. I knew someone was upstairs on Hijacked because it started to drag my crosshairs there when I ran from my spawn at A. I've had it drag my crosshairs to the building near B on Slums, I've ran through the bottom building near B on Standoff and it's pulled them upwards, etc. Something has definitely changed. Are they really making it more noob friendly? lol
#5KresselackPosted 3/19/2013 10:31:13 PM
It does seem like it's more noticeable. I was sniping, lining up a headshot, someone sprinted past and aim assist locked onto them, dragging a scoped in sniper rifle to the side.

I didn't try sniping too much pre-patch, but I can't recall that ever happening before.
---
Ave, magistros. Ave, registrus. Ave, leodastus. Ave, mendaxas. Illius animos. Illius vellenas. Illius fortens.
http://i.imgur.com/Uz5MDiR.png
#6NewzzPosted 3/19/2013 10:48:38 PM
SevenDayCandle posted...
Newzz posted...

Apparently not. I play on 8 sensitivity. It's just odd picking up people through the most random things now. I knew someone was upstairs on Hijacked because it started to drag my crosshairs there when I ran from my spawn at A. I've had it drag my crosshairs to the building near B on Slums, I've ran through the bottom building near B on Standoff and it's pulled them upwards, etc. Something has definitely changed. Are they really making it more noob friendly? lol

I play on 8 sensitivity too. I cant even play on 11 anymore, because it's pulled too much when someone runs by me.....that's how I noticed it. At least on 8, it's more manageable.

I think they added it because, in the patch, they took the "red crosshairs" off the target finder for CB users. Now, when the TF users sweep their gun across the map....the aim assist will pull the gun back onto the enemy.

I dont like it because it throws off my accuracy.
#7NewzzPosted 3/19/2013 10:49:41 PM
Kresselack posted...
It does seem like it's more noticeable. I was sniping, lining up a headshot, someone sprinted past and aim assist locked onto them, dragging a scoped in sniper rifle to the side.

I didn't try sniping too much pre-patch, but I can't recall that ever happening before.

Yeah, it throws off your shot.

It's definitely there and not placebo
#8Aether_LyricPosted 3/19/2013 11:09:58 PM
Messed up aim assist is usually a symptom of lag and is dependent on the lobby. I get the infamous "aim resist" problem all the time, yet some others don't ever experience it.
#9MasterSplinterWPosted 3/19/2013 11:17:51 PM
i wish there was no aim assist :( - but i get owned pretty hard if i choose not to use it...double :(
---
Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. -Master Li------GT: DirkaDurkaJihad
#10HydraRaptorPosted 3/20/2013 2:16:52 AM
I had to tone my sensitivity down from 13 to 9 as well because of this. I doubt that aim assist's coding has changed at all, maybe more that the networking has just become slightly more reliable. Only slightly.

Semi-related, while playing BO1 for the first time in a few months earlier, I realized that its aim assist is absolutely ludicrous in its power. It's almost sickening. On Jungle, I had a guy that was about half of Hijacked away behing the temple ruins, and my aim assists picked him up through the wall while I was using iron sights.
---
Soon to be hosting Critical Hit game and movie reviews via YouTube.