Best sniper rifle?

#1maturin1919Posted 3/20/2013 9:02:45 AM
Is there a 'best' sniper rifle, or is it all preference?
---
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
#2BgSoAPosted 3/20/2013 9:05:05 AM
The DSR-50 is the "best" because of how easy it is to kill in one shot. I prefer the Ballista for it's faster ADS time, and the XPR-50 for its OHKO potential and spamability. But at the end of the day, the quick scopers use Ballista, the snipers use DSR-50, the noobs use the SVU, and no one uses the XPR-50 cause you unlock it at level 52.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#3maturin1919(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:07:41 AM
BgSoA posted...
The DSR-50 is the "best" because of how easy it is to kill in one shot. I prefer the Ballista for it's faster ADS time, and the XPR-50 for its OHKO potential and spamability. But at the end of the day, the quick scopers use Ballista, the snipers use DSR-50, the noobs use the SVU, and no one uses the XPR-50 cause you unlock it at level 52.

That makes it easy, thanks.
---
#4WaitinOnANoobPosted 3/20/2013 9:09:32 AM
SVU, best shotgun in the game
#5HereticKitsunePosted 3/20/2013 9:11:58 AM
XPR overall is the best. SVU has the highest potential, but reaching that potential is impossible for a human. XPR is nearly as easy to get a one-hit kill with as the DSR (it has the same multipliers as the Ballista), but it's semi-automatic.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#6maturin1919(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:17:56 AM(edited)
While we're at it, do you gentlemen have any attachment/perk recommendations?
---
#7THINKb4uACTPosted 3/20/2013 9:21:14 AM
Topic of noobs!!!
---
If you keep playing the same game, dunno who to blame!
#8maturin1919(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:26:23 AM
THINKb4uACT posted...
Topic of noobs!!!

I am a noob.

We all were at some point, though.
---
#9BgSoAPosted 3/20/2013 9:29:55 AM
maturin1919 posted...

That makes it easy, thanks.

Well okay, calling SVU users "noobs" is probably not fair, but typically people will spray the gun at you until you die, or they do.

As for perks and attachments, I usually run my snipers naked. I can't find any useful attachments to dramatically improve them, but then I'm not a sniper.

For perks, Flak Jacket, Hardline, and Lightweight are all great. Lightweight is best for quick scoping, Flak Jacket for sniping, and Hardline for either one. I dislike Ghost because you need to be moving, which messes up your accuracy and keeps you from using your long range weapon properly.

Toughness and Scavenger are the most useful tier 2 perks. If you use a betty and shock charge in conjunction with Scavenger, you can establish a warning system for yourself. Toughness is basically mandatory since flinching with a sniper rifle is death.

Perk 3 is basically Tactical Mask and Engineer, and really you don't need either. Tac Mask is good if you want to avoid concussion spammers, and Engineer is good for when people hack your shock charge or betty, but that's about it.

I highly advise overkill with a sniper rifle class. Here's the class I personally use.

MTAR Stock + Red Dot - 3 points
XPR + Overkill - 2 points
Hardline - 1 point
Scavenger - 1 point
Tactical Mask - 1 point
Bouncing Betty x1 - 1 point
Shock Charge x1 - 1 point

The MTAR can be any weapon you want. Smgs, assault rifles, shotguns, all of it works nicely in conjunction with that sniper rifle, and gives you the ability to fight at full potential up close, at mid range, and at long range.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#10Astro_B0mbPosted 3/20/2013 9:33:12 AM
maturin1919 posted...
While we're at it, do you gentlemen have any attachment/perk recommendations?

Fmj/fast mags/exmags/cpu.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.