I became incurably bored of Black Ops II

#1Zero IXPosted 3/21/2013 5:06:21 AM
I don't know why, really. I mean, I got like a week played, so I definitely got my money's worth, and as far as CoD's go, this one's my second favorite after MW2 (although keep in mind I got on the band wagon late and never played CoD4 or WaW). Prestige Master, got diamond and gold camos on my favorite weapons, played with some really cool people... then just lost interest, and I can't even remember the last time I played.

It's not even like this game is bad. Multi is cool. It keeps hardcore and casual players playing while inviting new players. Zombies got expanded on from the last game and is cool too. My friend even bought me a season pass for Xmas but I dunno. Something's just missing and I haven't even thought about playing till I got bored like fifteen minutes ago

Anyone else do or experience this? Is it because even though 3arc's trying their darndest to shake things up, this is just a rehash of things we've already seen?
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#2AWarAmp84Posted 3/21/2013 5:32:24 AM
This happened to me with MW3 and I told myself I was done with COD. I didn't even buy BO2 and had absolutely no desire to own at all and then one day my sister in law just randomly bought a copy for me. I actually enjoy the game so much more knowing that I didn't pay a cent for it.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#3allaboutjosh14Posted 3/21/2013 5:44:34 AM
Maybe try & play with new guns, classes, & scorestreaks. I got bored as well but decided to switch things up & use things i normally don't & i ended up having fun again.
---
PSN Chase_atm_bank
Gamertag Chaseatmbank
#4bbert901Posted 3/21/2013 5:45:43 AM(edited)
Same here since i started playing mw2 again about two weeks ago i havent touched bo2. I got very bored with the guns, maps and killstreaks in bo2. I really dislike treyarch, they only care about money and they are so afraid to take a chance with anything now that they have established their working formula that appeals to casuals and rakes in money. Everything is formatted the same, they are obsessed with balance and constantly tweak and nerf to keep it "fair" to casuals and even with the map pack every map is the same linear formula. I got so bored and mw2 has been a breath of fresh air

---
http://i.imgur.com/OFUbs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Gzd6P.jpg http://oi48.tinypic.com/256xlj4.jpg
#5Zero IX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:53:51 AM
bbert901 posted...
Same here since i started playing mw2 again about two weeks ago i havent touched bo2. I got very bored with the guns, maps and killstreaks in bo2. I really dislike treyarch, they only care about money and they are so afraid to take a chance with anything now that they have established their working formula that appeals to casuals and rakes in money. Everything is formatted the same, they are obsessed with balance and constantly tweak and nerf to keep it "fair" to casuals and even with the map pack every map is the same linear formula. I got so bored and mw2 has been a breath of fresh air

To be fair I can understand their predicament. There's pressure to change up the formula from fans but pressure to keep the formula in place from other fans and the publisher.

But yeah I get what you're saying. MW2 was the last CoD I played a month and a half ago and it still feels kinetic and fresh to me to this day despite all its flaws.

Well at least 3arc does Zombies
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#6JebSkatr2Posted 3/21/2013 6:54:35 AM
I feel like if you are a PM and have diamond skins on a few guns...you definitely got your money's worth. Sounds like you're just ready for a new game.

Try playing something else or some other activity and come back to it within a month or so.
#7dario1101Posted 3/21/2013 7:07:35 AM
I have been playing other games instead of Call Of Duty recently, like Battlefield 3. It helps to stay away from the bullfudgery of COD :D
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-179! :D Started Jan 18. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#8NurbisPosted 3/21/2013 7:42:44 AM
This is the first COD I have made it past 2nd prestige. For whatever reason I have been focused on getting diamond camos so it has kept me interested. If not for that, I would have stopped playing already. I have enjoyed most COD games and feel like I have gotten a good return on what I paid for but sometimes you just lose interest and need something new.
#9I_End_ZombiesPosted 3/21/2013 8:06:24 AM
I was getting bored so I bought the new maps and now I'm enjoying it again, they added a bit of variety to the game plus I love the Peackeeper.