Your five top tips

#11hail_filthPosted 3/21/2013 6:50:26 AM
1) dont use what guns are popular, use guns you are comfortable with. You will do better more consistantly.

2) move constantly from cover to cover, DO NOT CAMP!! It has been known to cause lung cancer.

3) play with the volume turned up, i turn on a ton of people and get kills just cause i play with my beaches or stereo turned up.

4) run in sporratic circles around the edge of the map, avoid the center of the map if you want to die less, unless its an objective mode. Change up your direction from time to time as well.

5) play a bot game to warm up each time, i play a quick KC match against regular bots usually to warm up. Run whatever killstreaks you want, cause if you have even a basic idea how to play COD.... you'll be able to get them :) i love my warm ups!
---
We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, god. Sometimes the green mile seems so long.
GT: Nafinchin
#12phil2726(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:51:52 AM
Good suggestions all, on my first run through I was using the pdw or msmc a lot,

Attachments were stock, suppressor, QuickDraw, perks were hard line and i used my token to permanently unlock ghost. Also toughness and dexterity. No secondary or lethal/tactical. Never seemed to to use them much.
#13trakrunr4evrPosted 3/21/2013 6:53:55 AM
If accuracy is your main problem, try:

A) using guns with low recoil such as the M27, Vector, AN-94, etc.
B) Play with your sensitivity. I play on a 7 sensitivity and have around 22-28% accuracy with all of my guns. 22'ish on SMG's, 24'ish on AR's, and 28+ on the burst rifles.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#14hail_filthPosted 3/21/2013 6:57:34 AM
phil2726 posted...
Good suggestions all, on my first run through I was using the pdw or msmc a lot,

Attachments were stock, suppressor, QuickDraw, perks were hard line and i used my token to permanently unlock ghost. Also toughness and dexterity. No secondary or lethal/tactical. Never seemed to to use them much.

I get a ton of kills with "random" nade throws, not really random though... i know where people are gonna be on each map and i exploit that with nades and scavenger, and emp nades are great for helpin with scorestreaks!! I toss an emp in an room/area and get 250+ points all the time from equipment :)
---
We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, god. Sometimes the green mile seems so long.
GT: Nafinchin
#15theLongR0DPosted 3/21/2013 7:08:44 AM
Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels.
#16phil2726(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:10:55 AM
Have been playing sensitivity 5, to low ?. Have tried it higher but just seem to spray. I might try putting it up to eight for three or four games then bring it down.
#17trakrunr4evrPosted 3/21/2013 7:23:17 AM
theLongR0D posted...
Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels.

Of course. Gotta try the shoe on before you buy it, right?
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#18GiglioroninomPosted 3/21/2013 7:23:22 AM
Play naked
Run care package and engineer
Use guns that everyone thinks are OP
Spam C4
Kill your teammates.
---
Soundcloud.com/fiscaljackhammer
Facebook.com/1945tx
#19bobbychezPosted 3/21/2013 7:30:20 AM
For all multiplayer game types:
Be a good sport.
Have fun.
Don't grief.
Play to win, but if you don't do not worry, there is always a next game. The other team/player was just better for that game.
Learn the maps.
Learn the weapons, perks, and streaks that work best for you and the different gametypes you play.

If you are playing a team based game type:
Be aware of your teammates and communicate if possible.
Do not blame your teammates for a loss, it is a team loss.
Remember, you could help a teammate learn to be a better player, especially if they are new players themselves.
#20cloud_hopperPosted 3/21/2013 7:34:40 AM
1. Learn proper usage of the minimap
When I say this I mean learn how to keep an eye on it as well as your surroundings at the same time. However it is also important to learn just how much to rely on it as well. Ghost means unless there is a VSAT up to use map conservatively, also in this game UAV sweeps can be very misleading due to how many people run lightweight. Often I find myself seeing a dot on the map and thinking I will round the corner into cover and ambush the enemy but they are already past where I expect them to be.

2. Take advantage of the score from OBJ play.
Early on if you are having trouble keeping pace in the kill department it would benefit you and your team to be more Objectively minded when playing these game types (if all you play is TDM give these modes a shot). Not only does it help win, generally you will get a much bigger scorestreak boost from OBJ play rather than going for kills, which in this game means obtaining good scorestreaks and kills from said streaks.

3. On the topic of scorestreaks
Don't try to run the high scorestreaks. Seriously whenever I play solo I often see my team mates running such terrible score streaks because they think they will get their dogs one out of twenty games, it isn't worth it. I generally run UAV/CounterUAV/VSAT at all times. If you can't get a VSAT consistently do not worry, run something like UAV/Carepackage/Counter Or UAV/Counter/Hellstorm. Keep it simple, you would be effective how much score you can rack up with small killstreaks, I often outgain the killwhores running dogs and swarms. Also pick streaks depending on game type, in a mode like CTF I like UAV/Gaurdian/Sentry. Earn them and you can set up a defense for your flag without needing to be nearby.

4. Find a group to play with.
I find that if I can one other good player to team with my wins and scores go up exponentially because that decreases the amount of team mates I need to worry about harming the team. Generally having team mates that understand each other and know how to fill roles that need to be filled makes rolling lobbies easy mode. A good team has people on it that know that there is a spot on the map that needs to be covered and instinctively takes that job.

5. Figure out your playstyle/control the fight
This is incredibly important. What kind of player do you want to be? Personally I am a rusher/obj. You need to tailor your experience so that you learn how to be better your style. For example as a rusher I make it important to know every nook and crany and line of sight I can attempt to learn on a map. This allows me to constantly advance my position while knowing where to move in order to gain cover and advantage over the enemy. You want ideally want to engage every fight with an advantage of some kind over your enemy. A great way to do this is to give as little of your body to shoot at as possible using cover or being more elusive than the enemy.

One final note. Make sure you have your settings good. Many players jack up sensitivities sky high thinking its great for whipping around the map and looking cool. Thats fun and all but if you want to do better consistently you will want a lower speed because it gives more precise aiming which is vital for long range engagements.

Hope this helped :D
---
GT:Nocturnalned
FSU Wins ACC and Orange Bowl!! :D