Reco me a knifing class

#1JebSkatr2Posted 3/21/2013 6:58:21 AM
Thinking about finally leveling up my combat knife, but not sure what the best setup is.

I'm thinking, lightweight, extreme conditioning, maybe ghost? As well as flashbangs x2.

Assault shield for your back?

I'm also way worse at knifing in this CoD than in any other one, can't seem to time it right anymore. Any general tips?
#2NevestPosted 3/21/2013 7:05:11 AM(edited)
lightweight+ flak(make a second class w/ ghost in case you're against a team that's uav spamming)
fast hands+scavenger
extreme conditioning + dexterity (tac mask/dex if you're against a team that's spamming tacs)

concussion x2

Flank, flank and flank some more. Be sneaky. It's fun playing dom, knowing people are about to head to a point and laying near it but out of the way where they can't see you. Throw a tac, run in and knife knife knife.

---
http://img.imgcake.com/Nevest356/1dollagifas.gif http://img.imgcake.com/abedgifyn.gif ---GT: Serevarno
#3Zero IXPosted 3/21/2013 7:09:01 AM(edited)
UMP +Silencer, Magnum +Tac Knife
Semtex, Stuns
Marathon, Lightweight, Commando
Painkiller
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#4JebSkatr2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:10:43 AM
Two questions guy.

Nevest, why fast hands and dexterity?

Zero - I was looking for a class to level up combat knife, so it has to be kills while only holding your knife, no other gun or attachments allowed.

Thanks.
#5NevestPosted 3/21/2013 7:27:33 AM
If you see someone that's facing you, you're usually going to die. Fast Hands lets you instantly get a concussion (or flash or shock if that's your thing) on target. It's also a reason I usually run tac mask/dexterity.

Dexterity allows instant mantling (which can get you on target faster as well as out of danger faster) as well as offering faster melee recovery so you'll be able to get a second swing out faster if you miss the first (or get those double kills easier).
---
http://img.imgcake.com/Nevest356/1dollagifas.gif http://img.imgcake.com/abedgifyn.gif ---GT: Serevarno
#6JebSkatr2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:30:12 AM
Nevest posted...
If you see someone that's facing you, you're usually going to die. Fast Hands lets you instantly get a concussion (or flash or shock if that's your thing) on target. It's also a reason I usually run tac mask/dexterity.

Dexterity allows instant mantling (which can get you on target faster as well as out of danger faster) as well as offering faster melee recovery so you'll be able to get a second swing out faster if you miss the first (or get those double kills easier).

Thanks, I had no idea fast hands allowed for faster secondaries or that dexterity allowed you to recover from melee faster.

Crazy the amount of time you can put into a game and not know these things.

So why concussion over flashbangs?
#7BalisticWarri0rPosted 3/21/2013 7:31:50 AM
Just finished knife. This is what I used.

Ghost / lightweight or FJ instead of ghost
Scavenger
Engineer / tac mask

2x shock charge
Lethal of your choice
#8NevestPosted 3/21/2013 7:32:21 AM
I prefer concussions b/c flash bang still allow them to move at a mostly normal speed while concussion will pretty much freeze anyone not using tac mask.

Another thing you could do (if you don't care about flak/ghost) is running one blue perk and running tac and using both flash and concussion and tossing both at whoever you're about to try and knife. One kill will refill both and if you're attacking a group, if you're using tac mask, you can keep dropping them between kills to keep the group locked down.
---
#9HydraRaptorPosted 3/21/2013 7:59:51 AM
Here's what I use to knife, and explanations.

Lightweight - Makes you move faster. Simple.

Fast Hands and Scavenger with Perk 2 Greed - Fast hands allows you to throw things faster, as well as pick up a weapon if you're in a serious emergency, while Scavenger will keep you stocked on your equipment.

Dexterity and Extreme Conditioning with Perk 3 Greed - ExCon is useful for getting from point A to point B, and Dexterity allows you to climb at twice the speed, which is going to come in handy more than you might think.

Ballistic Knife - Hear me out. I know you're working on the combat knife, but the Ballistic gives you an extra 2% run speed when in your hands, plus gives you a projectile when you need it. It really helped in leveling my combat knife.

C4 x1 - For when you can't quite reach someone, toss a C4 their way and detonate in the air by double tapping the X button. It will save you a lot.

Stun x1 - Slowing someone's movement speed is more important than impeding their vision, so a stun grenade will save you. With Scavenger, you can toss these for every person you stab.

Try it out, you won't regret it.
---
Soon to be hosting Critical Hit game and movie reviews via YouTube.
#10JebSkatr2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 9:29:24 AM
HydraRaptor posted...
Here's what I use to knife, and explanations.

Lightweight - Makes you move faster. Simple.

Fast Hands and Scavenger with Perk 2 Greed - Fast hands allows you to throw things faster, as well as pick up a weapon if you're in a serious emergency, while Scavenger will keep you stocked on your equipment.

Dexterity and Extreme Conditioning with Perk 3 Greed - ExCon is useful for getting from point A to point B, and Dexterity allows you to climb at twice the speed, which is going to come in handy more than you might think.

Ballistic Knife - Hear me out. I know you're working on the combat knife, but the Ballistic gives you an extra 2% run speed when in your hands, plus gives you a projectile when you need it. It really helped in leveling my combat knife.

C4 x1 - For when you can't quite reach someone, toss a C4 their way and detonate in the air by double tapping the X button. It will save you a lot.

Stun x1 - Slowing someone's movement speed is more important than impeding their vision, so a stun grenade will save you. With Scavenger, you can toss these for every person you stab.

Try it out, you won't regret it.

interesting. So ballistics make you run faster? Didnt realize that.

And pretty much everyone agrees wasting a spot on assault shield to have it on your back isn't worth it?