Terrible lag as host?

#1tadmfpolePosted 3/22/2013 2:03:11 AM
How is that possible? I understand how lag spikes happen and interfere. I do not get how someone with host consistently gets the "half a magazine later no hitmarkers die instantly" lag. If the game is not manipulating my connection when I am host and I am experiencing this I am curious as to how you define what is happening.

Speedtest shows everything is on the up and up. Nothing using my internet but me and the 11 other guys in the match. If anyone can legitimately explain this I would like to hear it.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#2JonnywestsidePosted 3/22/2013 2:52:55 AM
OMG You actually believe in host disadvantage? lololol. Ghost is Hod mode for me so by rational thinking I can determine that the is also the case for everybody else and their various connection speeds. You just want an excuse for being a bad kid and will cling to any you see other people use on the interweb.

Sticky requested for a good laugh every time I come here.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.
#3zxrax_alt_1Posted 3/22/2013 2:57:31 AM
oh god, please not this topic again
---
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.875GHz | 2x HD7970 | 16GB 2000MHz | Rampage IV Formula | 250GB 840 SSD +2TB | Custom Watercooling | 1440p IPS
#4RapaleemanPosted 3/22/2013 4:23:56 AM
If you are host and if even one person in the lobby is on poopy internet you are more than likely screwed for the match. If they are on your team it seems to be even worse.

I love being hardcore, getting the can't kick host player message, and watching my connection. That thing fluctuates so bad it is pretty interesting as to what is actually going on. How do I get a 2 bar on host? No clue as it doesn't make sense in the scheme of P2P unless the game is purposely doing the dirty to my connection.

Ignore the people that will no doubt flame you TC as I doubt it happesn to them frequently or even at all. If you get host a lot just prepare for a bad time in general. No "tactics" or "strategy" can help you when you are constantly being killed by invisible or invincible people.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#5RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/22/2013 4:24:32 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
OMG You actually believe in host disadvantage? lololol. Ghost is Hod mode for me so by rational thinking I can determine that the is also the case for everybody else and their various connection speeds. You just want an excuse for being a bad kid and will cling to any you see other people use on the interweb.

Except that I get the same thing. Im not a bad player either. I have great internet speeds too.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#6InsaneriderPosted 3/22/2013 5:05:08 AM
Despite what everybody says, there is clearly something going on with this game. I know there are times when I lose firefights that by all rights I should have won, like in CQC against an AR with a SMG. The only way to handle your problem is either deal with it and keep playing or quit out everytime you get host.

Before I forget...
There are absolutely no lag issues with this game.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano
#7JonnywestsidePosted 3/22/2013 5:54:11 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Jonnywestside posted...

Except that I get the same thing. Im not a bad player either. I have great internet speeds too.

I get it too sometimes, I was just giving the generic host disadvantage response.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.
#8SevenDayCandlePosted 3/22/2013 6:00:37 AM
I get lag too sometimes, when I'm host and someone is on a 3bar in the lobby it's just a trash game for me.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2591846882.png

My speeds are pretty damn good, that ping time is low as hell too, server is 50 miles away.

Btw, that's wireless, the system is hooked up with an ethernet cable so it's even faster.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2591851106.png

That's connecting to a server 2550 miles away. Speeds are much lower, (yet still good), and the ping of 87 is pretty damn nice...
#9SevenDayCandlePosted 3/22/2013 6:07:07 AM
Speedtest out to Australia, 10k miles away.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2591862074.png
#10tadmfpole(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:40:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]