How to Improve Zombies for the next iteration.

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 3/22/2013 11:21:26 AM
We all can assume that zombies will not return again till Call of Duty: World at War 2, on the Next Gen consoles. What are some of the improvements or new idea's that would make it better than the zombies that Blop2 destroyed.

1) crawlers should die after 30 seconds. It cheapens the game when I'm playing with strangers and they want to always keep a crawler for 10 minutes while they go buy perks, hit the box, pack-a-punch, and go refill wall ammo. Keeping a crawler is a cheap tactic not a skillful strategy.

2) Add more zombies of varying height. This would just add a little more effort into getting your headshots than just shooting at the same height on a group of zombies.
make a fat zombie that walks slightly slower but has 3 times the health. Make a Zombie thats like 7 foot tall. Make a zombie midget thats also twice the speed faster than normal zombies.

3) anti rape trains. Make the AI go from normal to genius if the game senses someone running over their own steps repeatedly and make the zombies break from chase mode to running in random directions and then reacquiring their target at different intervals to break the train. Rape training till you hit 50 rounds is not impressive or fun.

4) No more round indicators. when you finish off a round there shouldnt be any noises or numbers on screen, just a 6 second pause of no zombies. This will always make you question if you have all the zombies killed or not. zombies is meant to be running for your life and trying to survive. You shouldn't know the number of waves you've survived till the game is over, the number doesnt mean anything during the game anyways.

5) Zombies should hunt by sight. The game shouldn't tell them where you are like they have psychic abilities. you should be able to go prone and not be seen behind something if zombies are chasing a friend of yours by your area.

6) Bigger is not better. I would rather have 4 or 5 maps ship with zombies than 1 mega huge one that hindered exploration with annoying gremlin things as well as the insane over use of fire/lava.

7) Zombies should have varying amount of health. Knowing how many rounds of knives you need to kill each zombie each round is not exciting but boring and repetitive. Zombies should be random spurts of horror.

8) more mini bosses but at random. On Shangri la you know the screaming demon will come on round 5. Mini bosses should be completely random. and different kinds. some need to be killed by headshot, others by explosives only. ect.

9) way more Animations! Different animations for walking and running zombies, make them look different with different clothes as well. NExt Gen should be able to make at least 20-30 different kinds of zombies and animations. And also melee animations.

what do you think would make zombies better?
#2BuddyHudsyPosted 3/22/2013 11:26:42 AM
it sounds like you're mad
---
Indianapolis Colts - Toronto Blue Jays - Toronto Raptors - Ottawa Senators
And2fosho GT: BuddyHudsy
#3slaveanselmoPosted 3/22/2013 11:28:52 AM
That sounds like a lot of extra programming..
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#4Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/22/2013 11:30:55 AM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
We all can assume that zombies will not return again till Call of Duty: World at War 2, on the Next Gen consoles. What are some of the improvements or new idea's that would make it better than the zombies that Blop2 destroyed.

1) crawlers should die after 30 seconds. It cheapens the game when I'm playing with strangers and they want to always keep a crawler for 10 minutes while they go buy perks, hit the box, pack-a-punch, and go refill wall ammo. Keeping a crawler is a cheap tactic not a skillful strategy.

2) Add more zombies of varying height. This would just add a little more effort into getting your headshots than just shooting at the same height on a group of zombies.
make a fat zombie that walks slightly slower but has 3 times the health. Make a Zombie thats like 7 foot tall. Make a zombie midget thats also twice the speed faster than normal zombies.

3) anti rape trains. Make the AI go from normal to genius if the game senses someone running over their own steps repeatedly and make the zombies break from chase mode to running in random directions and then reacquiring their target at different intervals to break the train. Rape training till you hit 50 rounds is not impressive or fun.

4) No more round indicators. when you finish off a round there shouldnt be any noises or numbers on screen, just a 6 second pause of no zombies. This will always make you question if you have all the zombies killed or not. zombies is meant to be running for your life and trying to survive. You shouldn't know the number of waves you've survived till the game is over, the number doesnt mean anything during the game anyways.

5) Zombies should hunt by sight. The game shouldn't tell them where you are like they have psychic abilities. you should be able to go prone and not be seen behind something if zombies are chasing a friend of yours by your area.

6) Bigger is not better. I would rather have 4 or 5 maps ship with zombies than 1 mega huge one that hindered exploration with annoying gremlin things as well as the insane over use of fire/lava.

7) Zombies should have varying amount of health. Knowing how many rounds of knives you need to kill each zombie each round is not exciting but boring and repetitive. Zombies should be random spurts of horror.

8) more mini bosses but at random. On Shangri la you know the screaming demon will come on round 5. Mini bosses should be completely random. and different kinds. some need to be killed by headshot, others by explosives only. ect.

9) way more Animations! Different animations for walking and running zombies, make them look different with different clothes as well. NExt Gen should be able to make at least 20-30 different kinds of zombies and animations. And also melee animations.

Seems pretty good.... but sadly this is Treyarch, and they will go the path of least resistance when making it, so they will use the same engine, and stay with almost the same code.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#5Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:47:05 AM
Not mad, just bored. Zombies was fun, now its become a chore of doing the same things every few rounds. Its boring. Well, ok , yeah mad at how let down its become. They did all that typing and teasing and all for one big map. really?really?really?!

Zombies should be running, surviving, in chaos. It should be a new experience every single time.

NEW IDEA: Earthquakes. Random earthquakes or floods, or events that destroy or shut off certain parts of the map to stop camping and always having you running and thinking on your feet.
#6MR_RoCKSoPosted 3/22/2013 12:00:21 PM
Infinite ammo option on all non super weapons and zombies dont get health increases.
If you use either option it doesnt count for leaderboard stats.
---
---
If all else fails Spin the controller topwise....trust me it works
#7OrtegaTronPosted 3/22/2013 12:28:59 PM
Crawlers do die off now, so you have to keep runners at the end of the round. In fact, runners can die off too.

I like the idea of more changes. I think they tried with BO2 and succeeded in some ways. If they were to implement some of your ideas the game would become ridiculously hard and casual players would be turned off as a result. Might end up hurting more than helping. I'd welcome the challenge, myself. Being unable to train would make it hard to make it into the teens/twenties, let alone higher.

My opinion. I'm not the best zombie player in the world but I can hang.
---
I have to return some video tapes...
#8JohnWall32Posted 3/22/2013 12:44:56 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...

1. No one leaves crawlers anymore...because they do die off now...you got such a problem with it...play solo.

2. All you have to do is tap left trigger and the game aims for you...doesn't matter how high or low the target is.

3. Sounds good to me....anything to make this game actually harder is a plus.

4. Dumb

5. Now you want to make the game easier...weird.

6. I agree...Tranzit sucked.
#9Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:58:58 PM
Its not about me playing solo its about eliminating repition. WE use use knive till here, then open doors on round 5, hold off here,ect.ect. its should never be the same old process.

giving the elemet of hiding from zombies adds to the horro element not mke the game easier. Not trying to make the game hard enough to turn away. I want it to be way more unpredictable. New Situations and exerpiences each time. Maybe a random lighting bolt can hit a perk machine and it goes down for that round.

the reason I said no round endings is because i was playing a group on shangri la and they killed off all the zombies but 2 crawlers on like round 25 and when everyone disbursted to ht the stones for pack a punch, someone had opened up from the power room to the waterfall and after not seeing zombies for like almost a minute, I'm standing on my stone at the bridge and then from that red tunnel bursts a hord of like 25 zombies!
overran me and im trying to warn them because we were al spread out and the wave took us out one by one. Was a truly amazing surprise, memorable as well, not knowing when a round is really over. There's a scary uncertainty in that.

They should definitely turn off any aim assist.
#10karmaapainPosted 3/22/2013 3:03:09 PM
Dude this would make it impossible to get high.....
---
GT: Spoon Slap U