remove perks that directly help ppl win gunfights?

#11BlueStar93(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:11:24 AM
Lerp85 posted...
BlueStar93 posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
BlueStar93 posted...
I'm counting the sound perks too. Yeah they don't do much in this game, but I think it would be a bad idea to make them useful again.

Well if sound perks count as winning gunfights then you could argue that every perk in the game does (Ghost lets you sneak up on people, Tac Mask lets you stay on target etc). If those kinds of perks were removed what would be left?

I don't think that the perks you named directly help people win gunfights. With the sound perks I'm mainly concerned about awareness getting too strong. In MW3, sitrep directly helped you win gunfights because you pretty much always had a huge advantage over your opponent. The way the sound perks are now is fine IMO so on second thought, forget the sound perks.

So you are saying sounds perks help you shoot? HUH?

If you are saying it helps cause it lets people know some one is coming, then the other perks help with such things as well, and gives an advantage that will help you win gunfights.

I abused sitrep ever since MW2 so trust me when I say that it might as well have aimed my gun for me. I could hear people coming from so far away that in most situations it would be nearly impossible for my opponent to kill me. Having sitrep meant that anyone moving without dead silence(90% of players) was at a severe disadvantage.

The advantage you gained in a gunfight from having sitrep is larger than any advantage that dexterity or toughness gives you. As long as sitrep had a counter it's okay but even then it forces everyone else to use dead silence. In MW3 they even buffed it so that it had no counter, which meant that sitrep=GodMode.

Perks like ghost on the other hand don't directly help you win gunfights IMO. Ghost only helps when radar is up and even then it does not stop people from seeing you run around the map. I have never felt borderline invincible while using ghost. I can't think of any other perk besides toughness and dexterity that are advantages in nearly every gunfight. Tac Mask only works against some tactical grenades, and Flak Jacket only works if hit by an explosive. The advantage from Lightweight in a gunfight is small. I already said forget the sound perks anyway so this is pointless.
#12BlueStar93(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:13:28 AM
ronXwhite posted...
BlueStar93 posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
BlueStar93 posted...
I'm counting the sound perks too. Yeah they don't do much in this game, but I think it would be a bad idea to make them useful again.

Well if sound perks count as winning gunfights then you could argue that every perk in the game does (Ghost lets you sneak up on people, Tac Mask lets you stay on target etc). If those kinds of perks were removed what would be left?

I don't think that the perks you named directly help people win gunfights. With the sound perks I'm mainly concerned about awareness getting too strong. In MW3, sitrep directly helped you win gunfights because you pretty much always had a huge advantage over your opponent. The way the sound perks are now is fine IMO so on second thought, forget the sound perks.

itp: hasn't used awareness

I don't notice any significant change with awareness on but I also don't play SnD.
#13Weiland101Posted 3/24/2013 2:22:47 PM
Why is Dexterity suddenly so hated now? No one complained about it when it was Steady AIm Pro.
#14HitokiriFelixPosted 3/24/2013 6:32:28 PM
ronXwhite posted...

itp: hasn't used awareness

Awareness doesn't compare, period. If it was as good as mw3 SRP, you'd be able to tell because you'd hear all of the enemies' footsteps 2 seconds into a round of search in Hijacked.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#15CammyApplePosted 3/24/2013 6:41:11 PM
Weiland101 posted...
Why is Dexterity suddenly so hated now? No one complained about it when it was Steady AIm Pro.

In previous games hipfire was not nearly as powerful as it is now. Also the community would rather complain than adapt.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#16gunho7Posted 3/24/2013 6:54:44 PM
Weiland101 posted...

Cause their is no stopping power, jugg, or good sound perks to compete with it.
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#17Keyblade9000Posted 3/24/2013 7:13:07 PM
I seriously think they should bring back Stopping Power. It made the game faster paced but wasn't OP
---
Not changing my sig 'till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
Started 2-14-13 Skyrim is overrated. PM me if you agree
#18fatclemenzaPosted 3/24/2013 7:21:43 PM
There wasn't anything wrong with the way CoD4 perks were setup. Players were always on near-equal footing regardless of setup.
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#19DraconilianPosted 3/24/2013 8:17:57 PM
Disagree.
Stopping Power was a huge balancing factor in MW2. Because it dominated the second tier slot. the game had a balance of stealth and power.

TL;DR MW2 was best CoD. and Stopping Power was never a problem.
---
Petition to bring all the Black Ops 2 DLC to Wii U!
Signatures : 1