We need HARSH penalties for dashboarding...

#51possession(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:52:13 PM
CalvinCandie posted...
The solution is dedicated servers so all stats are preserved and there is never connection error to host.

I wouldn't argue, but Activision seems to think they aren't rich enough for that.
---
Games that need a new entry: Nightmare Creatures, Fear Effect, Gungrave, BloodRayne, Mirror's Edge, Primal Rage
#52Lerp85Posted 3/24/2013 12:05:14 AM
CalvinCandie posted...
The solution is dedicated servers so all stats are preserved and there is never connection error to host.

LOL, people always claim that dedicated servers are so much better. The thing is that they still have lag and plenty of connection issues. And when there are bad issues the whole MP game is not available. That and at some point they will not be available cause they will shut them down. People would not be able to play even MW2 most likely, cause they would not want to keep servers up for an old game they make no money from any longer.

So I don't think dedicated servers would solve the issues.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#53Saizen13Posted 3/24/2013 12:48:32 AM
I still say make it where all of their deaths record, multiply them by a number (whatever fits) and make sure they get at least a loss. They only care about their bogus k/d so it needs to be a hit to their k/d.
---
twitch.tv/Saizen13
#54Lerp85Posted 3/24/2013 12:55:07 AM
Saizen13 posted...
I still say make it where all of their deaths record, multiply them by a number (whatever fits) and make sure they get at least a loss. They only care about their bogus k/d so it needs to be a hit to their k/d.

If they could do that then they would be able to fix the issue any way, by having stats save. Since they can't seem to figure that out, I don't see how they would be able to do this.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#55Aether_LyricPosted 3/24/2013 1:26:56 AM
Lerp85 posted...
COD is the only game to have issues with host dashboarding, so it can be done.

How is it possible to transfer the host's data to a new server if they shut off their console?
#56aheroafakePosted 3/24/2013 1:31:20 AM
jimhalpert789 posted...
I really don't see why dashboarding is a big deal. It really only affects people if the dashboarder is the host, and there's no way to know if the "dashboarder" was actually dashboarding or if they had some other problem (power outage, bad connection, or even something like a dog knocking over the Xbox). I empathize, because it's happened to me before, but I really don't think it's a big enough problem to warrant much attention, and it'd be nearly impossible to find a good solution to it.

It isn't that hard to figure out if someone is dashboarding or not. Someone doing really bad or someone that gets killed right away is a good indicator. It isn't a definitive way to figure it out but it can help.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#57MasterSplinterWPosted 3/24/2013 3:55:49 AM
ReggieBush09 posted...
I left a game before just to be a cool kid.

and what you, Reggie Bush, does for a living, doesn't already make you a cool kid?
---
Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. -Master Li------GT: DirkaDurkaJihad
#58ronXwhitePosted 3/24/2013 8:53:36 AM
Re2ismyFav posted...
Lerp85 posted...
possession posted...
Lerp85 posted...

When it don't work its most likely cause the host dashboarded, so they just gotta make it work.

And we are back to the beginning...

>_>

The solution is for them to make host migration work when they dashboard as well as leave normally. Not drastic, nothing that would screw over so many players, way more than what get screwed over already. There is no reason to be so drastic when such a simple solution is available.

in a perfect world...
this has been an issue in p2p multiplayer for YEARS. there's no way to migrate when the connection drops.

its best to adopt a preventative 'safe sex' policy and display DNF% so people can leave in the lobby. it worked in Madden with a smaller player pool

in COD, the game treats it as if I disconnected as well, giving me a loss like I'm the one that quit. That wouldn't work as well with this system.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen Clan Boi
Check out my first CoD Episode! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIpT2kWQFY
#59fatclemenzaPosted 3/24/2013 9:02:32 AM
I don't know why you're so sore over host dashboarding. So what if you're having a good score and the game ends? If you're that mad over losing a potentially good game, then you don't have good games often enough.
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#60RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/24/2013 9:11:39 AM
Dashboarding is a sign of weakness and a player who is obsessed with stats. It is really annoying for those who get shafted due to a crybaby trying to preserve his KD.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011