C/D: Dogs should be buffed next patch

#1TimmotheussPosted 3/25/2013 7:27:31 AM
As it stands its one of the lesser useful killstreaks, and they're very easily killed/avoided and can also be EMPed for some unknown reason. I'd say either buff the speed, health, or the number of them. It saddens me when I can get more kills with two lightning strikes than a set of dogs.
---
GT: Pipnotiq
Http://www.youtube.com/user/AGamingCouple
#2AlexanaxelaPosted 3/25/2013 7:31:55 AM
c

sure why not
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#3TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 3/25/2013 7:34:11 AM(edited)
I feel like most the high killstreaks are a waste of time. All that camping and anxiety for what? Lodestar? I suicide and pull out my anti-air class, shot down in an instant (except on Hijacked lol). VTOL? Shot down. Dogs? Like you just said. Swarm? Stay inside or switch to Blind Eye.

The lower ones happen more frequently and do enough damage for me. Highest I go is AGR and depending on who I play, I can get a ton of kills from it or none at all. More often than not it's a ton though. Plus I don't deal with the frustration of getting really close to a high streak and being killed.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#4InjusticeRebornPosted 3/25/2013 7:34:48 AM
Confirmed.

For such a high scores streak, you normally get very little reward (kills). But then I guess I'm just playing against smarter opponents (not in the US)? :P
#5ArcXenosPosted 3/25/2013 7:34:50 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I feel like most the high killstreaks are a waste of time. All that camping and anxiety or what? Lodestar? I suicide and pull out my anti-air class, shot down in an instant (except on Hijacked lol). VTOL? Shot down. Dogs? Like you just said. Swarm? Stay inside or switch to Blind Eye.

The lower ones happen more frequently and do enough damage for me. Highest I go is AGR and depending on who I play, I can get a ton of kills from it or none at all. More often than not it's a ton though.

My lodestar gives me an average of 7 kills, so I am pretty pleased with that (only use it on DOM though). And besides, its like almost like a nuke in the sense that people leave the game, usually.
---
Nanomachines, SON
#6SevenDayCandlePosted 3/25/2013 7:48:17 AM
The lower streaks cause more havoc than the higher ones.
#7destructoclausPosted 3/25/2013 7:55:10 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I feel like most the high killstreaks are a waste of time. All that camping and anxiety for what? Lodestar? I suicide and pull out my anti-air class, shot down in an instant (except on Hijacked lol). VTOL? Shot down. Dogs? Like you just said. Swarm? Stay inside or switch to Blind Eye.

The lower ones happen more frequently and do enough damage for me. Highest I go is AGR and depending on who I play, I can get a ton of kills from it or none at all. More often than not it's a ton though. Plus I don't deal with the frustration of getting really close to a high streak and being killed.

Most people that get to dogs/swarm aren't camping though. Those are the guys that play the objective and rack up capture kills to get them quickly. So, yeah they start happening pretty often. But I agree, for practical purposes, higher scorestreaks just aren't worth it. I'd say that VTOL/Lodestar are the most worth it out of them because they're more easily obtained than dogs/swarm and they're just as effective most of the time. Even still, you can rack up just as many kills getting a ton of lightning strikes/hellstorms/sentry guns etc.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#8fakesoundofprogressPosted 3/25/2013 7:59:37 AM
you can emp dogs? lol

clearly robot dogs

Getting high streaks is satisfying though, as a team you might do more damage with a UAV, but not much is cooler (in this game) than calling in a high streak

Love calling in a Warthog or something on a map like Standoff and watching people either quit or scramble for a building!
#9SevenDayCandlePosted 3/25/2013 8:10:41 AM
destructoclaus posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

Most people that get to dogs/swarm aren't camping though. Those are the guys that play the objective and rack up capture kills to get them quickly. So, yeah they start happening pretty often. But I agree, for practical purposes, higher scorestreaks just aren't worth it. I'd say that VTOL/Lodestar are the most worth it out of them because they're more easily obtained than dogs/swarm and they're just as effective most of the time. Even still, you can rack up just as many kills getting a ton of lightning strikes/hellstorms/sentry guns etc.

You're playing a different game than me then. 98% of the time, I'd say the guys who get the higher streaks are camping in corners/headglitching somewhere. Then they call in their streaks, THEN play the objective.
#10webbc99Posted 3/25/2013 8:15:27 AM
LOL I didn't know you could EMP dogs.

I'd say actually if you fixed that, dogs were fine. They're better than a Swarm on some maps, because they can actually get inside buildings, and I think that advantage is enough for them to cost so much. You never only get like... 2 kills from dogs, it's always more.

But how would you buff them anyway? Making them harder to kill would make them infinitely better than the Swarm. I don't really know how you'd buff them without having to up the points cost.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls