Is this anybody else's final CoD game too?

#1Pooh Da StrykerPosted 3/26/2013 2:12:32 AM
First, this isn't a hate thread. I love this game. But I feel like it has ran it's course with me.

I was heavy into PS2 before I got a decent laptop and started random MMOs. Some co-workers we're always talking about CoD4 and WaW, and for about 8 months I resisted buying Live for my 360. Didn't wanna pay since I was having plenty fun PKing in clan wars for the MMO I was addicted to. Eventually succumbed and got CoD4 then activated Live for the first time. First game, 2/18 lol. MW2 came out before I could even prestige, but I stood in line at the midnight release for my reserved copy. Loved it. Especially when they released some CoD4 maps as DLC.

I stood in line for Blops 2 as well, and after playing for months I feel like I'm done. Anybody else feel like they're at their end at playing CoD too? I feel like once Assassins Creed IV(will be my first) comes out, I won't touch this game again. Hell, maybe even before that.
---
GamerTag: BiggLaw4 -Currently playing- Black Ops 2
Popular opinion and fact are not the same thing. Think for yourself.
#2Pooh Da Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:14:23 AM
Also, sorry for the grammar mistakes. I am on my phone and the auto correct is killing me. I don't feel like changing many typos. Just the really confusing ones XD
---
#3FlashCannonPosted 3/26/2013 2:15:24 AM
i stopped reading after the topic sentence. so with that, yes, this is my last cod. i'm tired of these games, i'm just finally going to pick one and be the king at it until it dies out. but, cod4 is still running pretty strong, as are the other ones...for the most part. so i'll stick with this one as it has the least amount of what i classify as BS, in it.
#4Pooh Da Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:21:29 AM
The BS isn't really helping my stay neither lol. Silly hit detection and other problems that seem to carry over to the next game and whatever after that. But over all I still have fun. I'm really struggling to play longer than 30 mins these days though. End up getting my fill early and hopping on Netflix. Doesn't hold me long anymore.
---
#5FlashCannonPosted 3/26/2013 2:26:55 AM
Pooh Da Stryker posted...
The BS isn't really helping my stay neither lol. Silly hit detection and other problems that seem to carry over to the next game and whatever after that. But over all I still have fun. I'm really struggling to play longer than 30 mins these days though. End up getting my fill early and hopping on Netflix. Doesn't hold me long anymore.

perhaps you need people to share in your experience with. you may need to make more friends to make your game more fun.
#6SpinalsniperPosted 3/26/2013 2:57:05 AM
I'll buy the next Black Ops. Never got into the COD editions, dunno why. But I like the direction and weapons, not necessarily how it's handled on the connection issues, but overall I enjoy BLOps as it's own sub franchise.

Which is hard for me to say since I was huge into Halo. After Blops, I couldn't play Halo online anymore.
---
I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam!
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#7Pooh Da Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:58:30 AM
I play with a group 60% of the time, but we all feel the same. Two even left for Gears 3. My girlfriend decided Bastion is more fun and one other went back to PC games mostly. I play the most... Which is sad because I play very little now. Every day, but only a few games.
---
#8Asthenia182Posted 3/26/2013 2:58:32 AM
I got this same feeling when I was still playing the last black ops. Treyarch are just a bad developer who try to cram too many ideas into it without concerning themselves with the fundamentals. Not that MW3 was a picnic itself but it's based on an old iw design so at least it feels like a cod game. Treyarch cods feel like eccentric Japanese knock offs with cheap servers on some barren Pacific island.
---
XP>
#9SevenDayCandlePosted 3/26/2013 3:00:37 AM
It's looking very likely. I mean, when they screw up the core mechanics (cameras not being aligned right, plus lag in off-line split screen), then change things like aim assist in patches without telling anyone, it's obvious they've just given up... They only cater to the supreme noobs and the OMGMLGPROZ!
#10Pooh Da Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 3:01:46 AM
Spinalsniper posted...
I'll buy the next Black Ops. Never got into the COD editions, dunno why. But I like the direction and weapons, not necessarily how it's handled on the connection issues, but overall I enjoy BLOps as it's own sub franchise.

Which is hard for me to say since I was huge into Halo. After Blops, I couldn't play Halo online anymore.

Same. Loved Halo 2 on the original xbox, but didn't enjoy it anymore after I got CoD 4.
---