Is this anybody else's final CoD game too?

#21videogames2004Posted 3/26/2013 5:52:12 AM
I played CoD 1, 2 and 3 campaigns somewhat extensively in college. I remember writing in my live journal, (seriously) that I thought they were cool but would never take over for Medal of Honor. Then I discovered CoD4's multiplayer. Put a ton of time in both Wii version (which is actually quite good!) and PS3. I also played a ton of WaW, but skipped both MW2 and MW3. I enjoyed Black Ops but didn't play it that much.

I have now sunk quite a bit of time in Black Ops II, and I think other than 4, it may be the best to date. Now, will I play the next one? It depends. I don't really like the Modern Warfare style ones where all the guns shoot very quickly with no recoil, where there are explosives everywhere, where things like Dead Man's Hand, MOABs, and Tactical Nukes exist, etc.

So long answer short, I will wait and see, but I won't rule it out. I really enjoy playing both BF3 and BO2 multiplayer with my friends, so I will probably re-up with BF4 and the next CoD.
#22Pooh Da Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:40:39 PM
BeastlyIguana posted...
Out with it, my curiosity is killing me.

Lol I didn't mention it because I figured nobody heard of it. It was called 9 Dragons. A Kung Fu based mmo with six main clans, three clans loyal to the emperor and three who did their own thing. Shaolin and Wu Tang Clan were my favorites lol. Things got REALLY personal sometimes, and feuds often carried over to the boards XD. Plenty of anger, obsession and paranoia for me in 2007 lol. I hear better MMOs like it have appeared since though. Might check out Age of Wushu next.

If this CoD franchise goes back to the drawing board to make a sincere effort to recapture what made the series so great in the first place, I might take a look some years later in the next gen. Right now it's all about digging in pockets so they can all have matching yachts and Skipper hats-- Gilligan's Island style lol. I played BF3, but was lonely since my group chose MW3 at the time. Might wait on BF4.
---
GamerTag: BiggLaw4 -Currently playing- Black Ops 2
Popular opinion and fact are not the same thing. Think for yourself.
#23aj4x94Posted 3/26/2013 1:43:57 PM
Yes. Since COD4, I've enjoyed all of the games except MW3, and while I love the series I feel it's time to step away from competitive FPS games for awhile. And I really don't trust Sledgehammer to make a good COD game.

That being said, I love Black Ops II and I can't wait for the new maps.
---
Playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Trilogy, Tomb Raider
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#24DvoloS88Posted 3/26/2013 2:34:50 PM
Until CoD gets a new DEVELOPER and a brand new ENGINE yes yes yes...
#25EvelSaiyanPosted 3/26/2013 3:28:36 PM
I think I might be done with the series for quite a while, but only because of how big of a time sink it is. There are so many other games I want to play and not enough time to play them all.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#26thedeerzordPosted 3/26/2013 3:41:13 PM
I will get Call of Duty: Ghost and see how it goes. I might get Black Ops 3. But I wont get any of the Modern Warfare's. I just can't stand those games.

But I think its sad to see fans leave such a good franchise. Sigh, lots of people are leaving franchises. Halo,Cod, Gears, etc.

This next generation is going to be different.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!