For those who bought extra classes...

#11jasonkingmarkPosted 3/29/2013 10:40:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12roach06Posted 3/29/2013 10:42:32 AM
jasonkingmark posted...
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...
Yea, although that $1.99 really broke the bank.

It's more about the principle. You're paying for a few lines of code.

What principle? That he used the money he worked for to spend on something he would get hours and hours of use from?

Do you smoke? Or drink soda? Or have you taken a girl out and didnt get any at the end of the night?

If you answer yes to any of those then your just as guilty as he supposedly is.

lol I always laugh when people complain about DLC prices...especially for ones as cheap as 1.99...its like really? I can find that in my jacket right now.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#13jasonkingmarkPosted 3/29/2013 10:45:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14Dark_Link72Posted 3/30/2013 3:32:39 AM
jasonkingmark posted...
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...

What principle? Its his money and his game, so het off his back.

What if sat here and told you how stupid you are gor going to the movies and spending $13 dollars on a ticket and $25 on food that will last for two hours tops.

Hes actually alot smarter than you because he spent $1.99 and will get days of use out of it. While you will probably not like the movie and put all that junk food in your body making you uglier than you already are. I bet you have a neckbeard to huh?

The only real weighty argument against DLC as it is, today, is that sometimes, whatever it may be, it really should have been granted at launch.

Nuketown, for example.

Instead of including Nuketown at launch, they milked the pre-order angle harder than any game thus-far. Then, instead of pleasing the community, a free download for Nuketown never came and yet another playlist (chaos) divides the user base. They made a killing in the pre-order game, anyways, so why not stimulate more sales by including the map in circulation of all game-modes post-launch?

It's almost as if Treyarch was punishing people for not pre-ordering (instead of simply rewarding those that did) by breaking up the user-base and, therefore, lessening everyone's chances of getting a decent connection.

Never before has any pre-order bonus ever done that...

Yeah, getting a cool gun is nice, but it didn't cause you to have less players to match-make with...

Anyways, those that DID pre-order were also kind of robbed at the same time by allowing people that didn't pre-order access to Nuketown 24/7, and indirectly lying about its permanence as a playlist.

I don't know... All of that could have been avoided, and such a decision has precedent (MW3's free Terminal) to boot.

If you disagree with that, then we could always discuss the camo micro-transactions...
If that doesn't scream "milk the community, if ever-so-lightly," then I don't know what does.
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#15Aether_LyricPosted 3/30/2013 4:04:26 AM
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...

It would probably be free if it wasn't included with the extra theater/emblem slots package. Storage costs them money.
#16slaveanselmoPosted 3/30/2013 6:04:02 AM
I bought then for the extra custom game saves for when I'm on probation for dashboarding all the time.
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#17crazyeightz1Posted 3/30/2013 7:13:07 AM
Dark_Link72 posted...
jasonkingmark posted...
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...

What if sat here and told you how stupid you are gor going to the movies and spending $13 dollars on a ticket and $25 on food that will last for two hours tops.

Hes actually alot smarter than you because he spent $1.99 and will get days of use out of it. While you will probably not like the movie and put all that junk food in your body making you uglier than you already are. I bet you have a neckbeard to huh?

The only real weighty argument against DLC as it is, today, is that sometimes, whatever it may be, it really should have been granted at launch.

Nuketown, for example.

Instead of including Nuketown at launch, they milked the pre-order angle harder than any game thus-far. Then, instead of pleasing the community, a free download for Nuketown never came and yet another playlist (chaos) divides the user base. They made a killing in the pre-order game, anyways, so why not stimulate more sales by including the map in circulation of all game-modes post-launch?

It's almost as if Treyarch was punishing people for not pre-ordering (instead of simply rewarding those that did) by breaking up the user-base and, therefore, lessening everyone's chances of getting a decent connection.

Never before has any pre-order bonus ever done that...

Yeah, getting a cool gun is nice, but it didn't cause you to have less players to match-make with...

Anyways, those that DID pre-order were also kind of robbed at the same time by allowing people that didn't pre-order access to Nuketown 24/7, and indirectly lying about its permanence as a playlist.

I don't know... All of that could have been avoided, and such a decision has precedent (MW3's free Terminal) to boot.

If you disagree with that, then we could always discuss the camo micro-transactions...
If that doesn't scream "milk the community, if ever-so-lightly," then I don't know what does.

I don't think anybody here is naive enough to deny the fact that game devs are out there to milk the community. The micro transactions are not mandatory, they also give not an ounce more of competitive edge wether you use it or not. What I do find appalling is that people can actually sit there are complain the fact that they cannot get their extra skins and camos and slots for free because of principle? The game when it first came out offered over the 60 hours of contents already. That more than made up the initial investment put into it to begin with. If people don't like the dlc and extras, fine, don't buy it. But don't sit there and said its your god given right to have everything offered for free because you've made the initial investment when the game already gave you so much to begin with. When you're at a restaurant and you order your entree, do you expect the dessert to come free with the meal? Of course not but yet people demand that extras in the game be given to them for free because of principle?

I don't have any qualms about your argument over preorders I just have a different take on your "milking the community" statement. We all know game devs want to milk us for more money whenever possible, but instead of forcing us to give up our money or be left behind, they just offered us things that don't really matter so it's ultimately our choice to get those items or not.
#18billnye69Posted 3/30/2013 7:21:13 AM
jasonkingmark posted...
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...

You completely miss the point. Your actions effect everyone even if you don't realize it. The more idiots like you are willing to pay for, the more free stuff we lose.

By the time the morons are done paying $1 here and a $1 there x 20k-50k players, (it adds up in the companies pockets) then nothing will be free and the franchise will become a big ass micro-transaction and we will be paying 25cents just to play a match or some other stupidity.

So it doesn't matter if it's his money, his action of spending it on stupid things effects us all.
---
The worst mistake a game developer can make is listening to the community. Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are the ending result.....enough said.
#19Smallville_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:32:44 AM
billnye69 posted...
jasonkingmark posted...
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...

You completely miss the point. Your actions effect everyone even if you don't realize it. The more idiots like you are willing to pay for, the more free stuff we lose.

By the time the morons are done paying $1 here and a $1 there x 20k-50k players, (it adds up in the companies pockets) then nothing will be free and the franchise will become a big ass micro-transaction and we will be paying 25cents just to play a match or some other stupidity.

So it doesn't matter if it's his money, his action of spending it on stupid things effects us all.

This post is so wrong. You're comparing paying for an optional camo to paying to actually play matches. The latter won't happen. This is why it isn't a big deal paying a small amount for camos etc. This will not expand to things like matches/bullets etc.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#20heartherevengePosted 3/30/2013 7:59:38 AM
it STARTS with the extra camo, extra class slots.

next it will be, unlock 'x' gun early for 1$! or unlock gold camo for 1.99$!

before you know it, youre paying 5$ to prestige and then who knows
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge