For those who bought extra classes...

#21TheRealPhattyJPosted 3/30/2013 7:59:05 AM
heartherevenge posted...
it STARTS with the extra camo, extra class slots.

next it will be, unlock 'x' gun early for 1$! or unlock gold camo for 1.99$!

before you know it, youre paying 5$ to prestige and then who knows

Racing games (especially EA's need for speed) have been doing just this for yearrrrrrs. And it's usually $2.99 per car, so think along those lines for where guns are going ;)
#22EvilZ123456Posted 3/30/2013 8:11:51 AM
it will turn into BF3 where they give you weapon bundles to unlock weapons sooner

Unlock Assault Rifles for $9.99
Unlock SMG'S fpr $9.99
Unlock Shoguns for $4.99
Unlock Sniper rifles for $9.99

etc etc
---
-Hiltz(NA/EU/JP)
#23Gray_wolf1119Posted 3/30/2013 8:29:04 AM
heartherevenge posted...

I still dont see the problem with the first 2 micro transactions. One is aesthetic and one is early access. No one is being denied anything important.

I really doubt people will pay to prestige though.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#24JonnywestsidePosted 3/30/2013 8:42:04 AM
My only beef with DLC Camos is it discourages people to go for Diamond camo which encouraged weapon variety.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.
#25heartherevengePosted 3/30/2013 8:56:55 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
heartherevenge posted...

I still dont see the problem with the first 2 micro transactions. One is aesthetic and one is early access. No one is being denied anything important.

there really isnt a problem with the FIRST 2 microtransactions. BUT it never ends with those two. a previous post above said EA started with their NFS cars, charging 2.99. imagine having to pay 2.99 to use your favorite SMG. or your favorite shotty.

and if you really do doubt people wont pay to prestige... well, only time will tell i guess
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge
#26imthestuntmanPosted 3/30/2013 9:06:06 AM
Vrresto posted...
thazipper posted...
Yea, although that $1.99 really broke the bank.

It's more about the principle. You're paying for a few lines of code.

okay, then write that code yourself and hack it into the game. if you dont, then why not buy it if you want the classes? there is no other way to obtain it so its not like it matters.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#27imthestuntmanPosted 3/30/2013 9:07:10 AM
heartherevenge posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
heartherevenge posted...

there really isnt a problem with the FIRST 2 microtransactions. BUT it never ends with those two. a previous post above said EA started with their NFS cars, charging 2.99. imagine having to pay 2.99 to use your favorite SMG. or your favorite shotty.

and if you really do doubt people wont pay to prestige... well, only time will tell i guess

forza 3 had dozens and dozens of cars on sale for a comparable price. the game did ship with a ludicrous number to begin with though.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#28slaveanselmoPosted 3/30/2013 9:56:37 AM
EvilZ123456 posted...
it will turn into BF3 where they give you weapon bundles to unlock weapons sooner

Unlock Assault Rifles for $9.99
Unlock SMG'S fpr $9.99
Unlock Shoguns for $4.99
Unlock Sniper rifles for $9.99

etc etc

Yeah, but they didn't do that until later on right? after the game had been out for months. Leveling up all those kits in that game is a pain too. Much more time intensive than this game.
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#29Aether_LyricPosted 3/30/2013 10:08:14 AM
Need for Speed and Battlefield are poor comparisons, they're published by EA who are renowned for ruthlessly sucking every penny from their userbase. Activision is nowhere near as evil, the same won't happen for CoD unless the entire industry moves in that direction. But that would be years and years away.
#30TheRealPhattyJPosted 3/30/2013 10:09:50 AM
imthestuntman posted...
heartherevenge posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
heartherevenge posted...

forza 3 had dozens and dozens of cars on sale for a comparable price. the game did ship with a ludicrous number to begin with though.

We're not talking about buying extra cars for the game that aren't already in the game when you buy it from the store, we're talking about (in this case) EA charging $2.99 to unlock cars that were already in the game that weren't available until much farther in the single player game. Look up NFS Pro Street on the PSN/Live store, you'll see a ton of cars that have "This car is available in game at no extra charge" or some such legal speak on most of the "DLC" cars.